Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just looking at The Positive Birth Company bundle pack for birth and postpartum. Anyone have any other recommendations?
Thismum hypnobirthing is fab. Stevie is so knowledgeable and helpful if you ever have further questions on her Instagram.
I took little bits I liked & wanted my partner to use to help me and it really got me through. Her online package isn’t expensive at all for videos, print out affirmations and recorded affirmations

Reactions: 1
I mainly want to do it with my OH as he’s very anxious about the whole process and I think it’ll really help him feel empowered about things. Personally I’m not 100% sold on all of it but figure another tool in the tool box won’t hurt!
We haven't looked at it yet, but my midwife recommended Dadpad for advice/information for dads - might be worth a look in case it's helpful 🙂 https://thedadpad.co.uk/

Has anybody had weird little twinges/shooting that’s not really painful but just THERE in their vagina in first tri and everything was fine? I’m 8 weeks and it’s really bothering me as I have had 2 mc and one started with vaginal pain (it was much more severe though I’m sure). Had a scan at 6weeks and got one on Tuesday but Tuesday feels so far away when I’m so filled with anxiety about everything!

Has anybody had weird little twinges/shooting that’s not really painful but just THERE in their vagina in first tri and everything was fine? I’m 8 weeks and it’s really bothering me as I have had 2 mc and one started with vaginal pain (it was much more severe though I’m sure). Had a scan at 6weeks and got one on Tuesday but Tuesday feels so far away when I’m so filled with anxiety about everything!
I’ve had a similar feeling on and off my entire pregnancy! Hope everything goes well on Tuesday ☺

Absolutely full of cold, pressure in my head and ears, chesty and struggling to catch my breath at times. Worried about flu/Covid as there’s so much around at my work and people refuse to stay off when they’re ill. Will do a Covid test later, but if that’s negative, what’s my next step? Do I need to contact my midwife?

Absolutely full of cold, pressure in my head and ears, chesty and struggling to catch my breath at times. Worried about flu/Covid as there’s so much around at my work and people refuse to stay off when they’re ill. Will do a Covid test later, but if that’s negative, what’s my next step? Do I need to contact my midwife?
Maybe yours are different, but mine wouldn't want to know if I had a stinking cold. Do you think you need any medication? A GP might be the best bet if you think you have an ear infection/chest infection or something x

Reactions: 4
I think midwives, even with Covid would just suggest to rest, increase fluid intake and take paracetamol within reasonable timeframes? Sorry to hear you’re feeling rough.

Reactions: 3
In my experience, you don't need to tell your midwife anything.
Especially with a cold/flu.
Mine don't even want to know if you've got Covid unless it means you can't attend an appointment.

I've got similar at the minute. Did do a Covid test but it was negative.

Just lots of rest like you normally would when not pregnant.

Reactions: 4
Agree with what others have said, midwives aren’t too concerned with colds and flus even Covid. I have had a cough for a few days now, finding it really hard to sleep at night and the coughing is making my bump so sore!

Hello everyone! I am very excited and hopefully not going to jinx things by coming to this thread! We have been TTC for pretty much a year now. I'm 37, this (if all goes well), will be my first pregnancy ever.

I tested yesterday and today so literally only 4 weeks pregnant so aware anything can happen at this stage. Just looking for some advice going forward if possible? Is there a thread for complete beginners or anyone at the same stage?

I am excited but completely panicking after going down holes of doom and gloom Googling things. I haven't even told my OH yet - barely seen each other due to work schedules so going to tell him tomorrow when we are both off 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hello everyone! I am very excited and hopefully not going to jinx things by coming to this thread! We have been TTC for pretty much a year now. I'm 37, this (if all goes well), will be my first pregnancy ever.

I tested yesterday and today so literally only 4 weeks pregnant so aware anything can happen at this stage. Just looking for some advice going forward if possible? Is there a thread for complete beginners or anyone at the same stage?

I am excited but completely panicking after going down holes of doom and gloom Googling things. I haven't even told my OH yet - barely seen each other due to work schedules so going to tell him tomorrow when we are both off 😊
Best advice... don't google anything. Don't listen to anything anyone says on Facebook/Instagram/TikTok either. 95% of it is duff advice, scaremongering or motivated by money.

If you can afford it, I'd consider booking a reassurance scan once you're definitely past 6 weeks, it definitely helped my anxiety :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Absoutely agree with @WeepingCassandra…. Don’t google!!! Go by the Nhs advice… this thread is lovely for ladies sharing their experiences.
And yes if able to a reassurance scan. Think I had mine about 7 weeks.
Congratulations!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Congratulations!
I started on this thread at exactly bang on 4 weeks when I tested and now at 29, so I hope yours is smooth going & definitely agree with above posters about an early scan.
We had ours at 6 weeks and just knowing everything looked ok (as it can that early) was reassuring.
My GP doesn’t refer to the hospital for pregnancy, it’s self referral only so over the next few weeks you could do that/find out what your local GP and hospital protocol is? Sorry if you know that already but I didn’t 😅
Hope everything goes well the next few weeks! This thread has been super helpful on this journey.

• Heart

Congratulations! Like others have said, just stick to advice from the NHS website and contact your GP/local midwife team to get the ball rolling with being on the system and having your booking appointment arranged. If you're on any medication/vitamins now's also a good time to speak to your GP to check they're all safe to continue in pregnancy, and if you're not already on folic acid you'll need to start. Other than that it's a waiting game unfortunately - but we've all been there and can provide support 🙂

• Heart
How the hell do all those people on YouTube fit everything into one carry on sized suitcase?! I’ve packed minimally - far more minimally than I’d like - and I can’t close the bugger, plus have stuff missing!

How the hell do all those people on YouTube fit everything into one carry on sized suitcase?! I’ve packed minimally - far more minimally than I’d like - and I can’t close the bugger, plus have stuff missing!
I’m planning on using a carry on sized case for me, baby’s changing bag for him, and my partner will have his own backpack. I’m fairly lucky with having a June due date, so won’t need to bring too many thick/warm things which take up so much space!

thank you for the advice re illness everyone, I figured that would be the case, but thought it was worth double checking. I think I might have a slight sinus infection, but I’ve literally only just stopped taking antibiotics for a UTI, so will give it a few days before contacting my GP.

I’m planning on using a carry on sized case for me, baby’s changing bag for him, and my partner will have his own backpack. I’m fairly lucky with having a June due date, so won’t need to bring too many thick/warm things which take up so much space!

thank you for the advice re illness everyone, I figured that would be the case, but thought it was worth double checking. I think I might have a slight sinus infection, but I’ve literally only just stopped taking antibiotics for a UTI, so will give it a few days before contacting my GP.
I haven't really packed that much - I've got a dark towel (the towels our trust uses are so thin and tiny, this is a must for me!), two nighties, a pair of PJs, a pair of joggers to leave hospital in, two tops, a bikini as I'm hoping for a water birth, underwear, sliders, slippers, headphones and my toiletries. Snacks and ipad etc. is going to have to go in OHs bag. Can't fit my dressing gown or any other normal clothes in :/

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.