Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks, I think I’d best call them in a few hours when it seems a “normal” time!
In my experience, there is always a midwife awake somewhere 🤪 if it’s bad enough to be keeping you up at night, it’s worth ringing them for advice

Decided to head to maternity assessment and baby’s heartbeat is fine and my wee was clear so none the wiser. Could be a tummy bug perhaps? Not had a wink of sleep all night and my 3yo will be ready to wake now…yay!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
At my wits end, rant incoming. 40+2 weeks today and had a sweep earlier this week. Midwife was able to perform it and was 1-2cm dilated. Had a bit of a bloody show and then nothing else has happened.

Woke up and thought my waters were trickling yesterday but then dry the rest of the day. The midwives said just to keep an eye on it. I’d literally give anything for the contractions to start because feels like I’ve been pregnant for a million years.

To top it off our toddler has developed chicken pox and that’s complicated our childcare plans 🤦🏻‍♀️ thankfully me and my husband had it as children, but we’ve still managed to get a bad cough from him and we’ve barely slept a wink in days.

I’m just so ready for the baby to be here, I could cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hello headlinips. Bloody shocker when getting into the shower this morning 😂😂😂😂

Third trimester fun and games lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
At my wits end, rant incoming. 40+2 weeks today and had a sweep earlier this week. Midwife was able to perform it and was 1-2cm dilated. Had a bit of a bloody show and then nothing else has happened.

Woke up and thought my waters were trickling yesterday but then dry the rest of the day. The midwives said just to keep an eye on it. I’d literally give anything for the contractions to start because feels like I’ve been pregnant for a million years.

To top it off our toddler has developed chicken pox and that’s complicated our childcare plans 🤦🏻‍♀️ thankfully me and my husband had it as children, but we’ve still managed to get a bad cough from him and we’ve barely slept a wink in days.

I’m just so ready for the baby to be here, I could cry.
I feel your pain but things can progress very quickly with your second. The fact you’re already dilated is really positive. I had a few signs the week leading up but nothing much, and then my labour this time took 2 hours from first pain to holding him. I had no early labour signs, I got to the hospital half an hour after the first pain and was 9cm. Fingers crossed for you!

Ladies what are the under bump maternity jeans like? I have a pair of over bump but forever pulling them up at my crotch!

Ladies what are the under bump maternity jeans like? I have a pair of over bump but forever pulling them up at my crotch!
I hate them :LOL: Feel like they are constantly falling down to me. I had some lovely over the bump ones last time around but I gave them away and the new ones I have now are the same as yours:rolleyes: I might just stick to leggings/tights and joggers!

Reactions: 2
I feel HUGE. All my pre pregnancy tops are now officially crop tops 😂. Boobs are massive and starting to leak and bumps measuring a bit ahead because of how baby is sitting.
Can’t believe I’ve another eleven weeks of growing. Anyone else feeling massive already??

• Heart
My baby movements hve changed place…. Now feeling most kicks movements under ribs and in middle of stomach. Where as I was feeling them down low in pelvis/kicking my hip bone.
31 weeks, is this a sign baby could be head down?

I feel your pain but things can progress very quickly with your second. The fact you’re already dilated is really positive. I had a few signs the week leading up but nothing much, and then my labour this time took 2 hours from first pain to holding him. I had no early labour signs, I got to the hospital half an hour after the first pain and was 9cm. Fingers crossed for you!
That’s what I’m hoping will happen. I’m booked for induction next week so baby will definitely be here soon. I think it’s just the combination of illness and sick toddler is draining me.

Does anyone know if induction moves faster with a second? I really ran out of energy last time!

• Heart
That’s what I’m hoping will happen. I’m booked for induction next week so baby will definitely be here soon. I think it’s just the combination of illness and sick toddler is draining me.

Does anyone know if induction moves faster with a second? I really ran out of energy last time!
My first induced late Friday born Monday morning - contractions started lunchtime Sunday
Second induced lunch time - contractions started at 5pm ish born just after midnight
Third induced on the Tuesday - contractions started on the Wednesday lunch time born early hours Thursday
Forth induced lunch time on the Thursday - contractions started about 3ish born early hours on Friday

My SIL induction was a lot quicker, less than 24hrs later baby arrived compared to 3/4 days with her first. Hope you manage to get some rest soon & your toddler starts to get better! The worst timing for you all x

Does anyone have a small three door car? Which car seat did you get? Just looking for other peoples advice/ opinions before committing and buying one!

Just looking at The Positive Birth Company bundle pack for birth and postpartum. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Does anyone have a small three door car? Which car seat did you get? Just looking for other peoples advice/ opinions before committing and buying one!
I would suggest getting a car seat with a base, because they can be a pain in the arse doing the seat belt up. And when they get bigger, one that turns. Although if there’s no door, it might not spin…

Just looking at The Positive Birth Company bundle pack for birth and postpartum. Anyone have any other recommendations?
I used the Birth Uprising digital pack and really benefited from it. There's a lot of bad press about hypnobirthing but I think taking what resonates with you and applying it sensibly and under healthcare advisement can be a really good thing.

I used the Birth Uprising digital pack and really benefited from it. There's a lot of bad press about hypnobirthing but I think taking what resonates with you and applying it sensibly and under healthcare advisement can be a really good thing.
I mainly want to do it with my OH as he’s very anxious about the whole process and I think it’ll really help him feel empowered about things. Personally I’m not 100% sold on all of it but figure another tool in the tool box won’t hurt!

• Heart
I mainly want to do it with my OH as he’s very anxious about the whole process and I think it’ll really help him feel empowered about things. Personally I’m not 100% sold on all of it but figure another tool in the tool box won’t hurt!
I found the positive birth company quite crunchy and didn’t help me with my first when I needed an induction when I became high risk with high blood pressure. I got a free digital course from my trust called The Real Birth Programme this time which was really informative and practical. It had some good modules on positions, massage techniques and birthingaids that your partner can help with. It will help him feel useful as I think dads can feel quite powerless as a spectator.

I found the positive birth company quite crunchy and didn’t help me with my first when I needed an induction when I became high risk with high blood pressure. I got a free digital course from my trust called The Real Birth Programme this time which was really informative and practical. It had some good modules on positions, massage techniques and birthingaids that your partner can help with. It will help him feel useful as I think dads can feel quite powerless as a spectator.
Ahh just looked at that, it doesn’t look like it’s available any more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.