Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By average amount do you mean what was earned weekly during that period? I’m curious to work it out myself! I’ve been doing a lot of overtime so I think that may affect how much I am entitled to?
From my experience, there's calculators online.
But it's based on weeks 17-25 (I think) of pregnancy.. So whatever wage you got then.

By average amount do you mean what was earned weekly during that period? I’m curious to work it out myself! I’ve been doing a lot of overtime so I think that may affect how much I am entitled to?
Yes! So the average you earned per week in that 8 week period. For statutory it’s either your average or SMP, whichever is lower though, so even if you did overtime and earned more than SMP you’d still only get SMP. I earned less than the SMP amount but more than £123 per week so will get what my average was per week

No you’re not being unreasonable, if it’s only statutory you're entitled then I’m almost positive it doesn’t come from them anyway it comes from the government. It’s if they top it up with additional maternity pay that it would come from them.
I’m in a really similar position and my workplace were being very slow about it too, so I worked it out for myself and basically told them I was entitled and enclosed my average earnings, and asked them to proceed with the application as I was unsure what the hold up was.
If you want to work it out yourself, it’s the average amount you earned in the 8 weeks prior to your qualifying week. Qualifying week is 15 weeks before expected due date, so to work it out you:
Find the Sunday before your due date, count 15 back from then. Then count 8 back from that date and that’s your window (so effectively weeks 16/17-24/25 is your qualifying window)
---

By the way thank you to everyone who recommended to call triage this morning when I had different movements. They gave me all the usual advice (that’s i’d already been doing) like cold water, lay on your side, drink something sugary etc and literally as I was on the phone he started a tap dancing party and has been going pretty much every hour since 😂 I do yoga on a Wednesday evening so I’m wondering if there’s any link with him being more chilled afterwards? Although probably not 😂
With my son I definitely found he would be quieter after exercise/a long walk. He would start moving again after lying on my side just long enough to start worrying!

Am I just dim or this a really over complicated way to word this. I can’t get my head around if. My OH will have been at his job 38 weeks by my due date yet he’s not entitled to paternity pay because of the 15 week thing that I can’t get my head around 😂 why not just say have worked there for 41 weeks by the due date??
---

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Am I just dim or this a really over complicated way to word this. I can’t get my head around if. My OH will have been at his job 38 weeks by my due date yet he’s not entitled to paternity pay because of the 15 week thing that I can’t get my head around 😂 why not just say have worked there for 41 weeks by the due date??
---
it's so complicated, I had to update my maternity/shared parental leave forms because baby arrived early and honestly it took me two hours to remember how any of it works and understand the forms again. I had two different spreadsheets for trying to work out the dates when I originally submitted them 😅 and now they make no sense to me!

Just need to vent 😭 haven't felt much movement out of baba since yesterday (still the odd kick but nothing like her general party in the evening before bed) rang MAU this morning for a bit of advice to be told they don't routinely scan at 22 weeks (which is fair enough) and just basically get my breakfast and ring later on "if I want". She was really dismissive tbh and it would put me off ringing again as I felt more of a hindrance than anything else. Basically ended up crying when I hung up the phone as I hadn't felt listened to at all - melodramatic pregnant woman alert 🤦‍♀️ not sure why I'm even posting this, just needed to get it out of my system.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just need to vent 😭 haven't felt much movement out of baba since yesterday (still the odd kick but nothing like her general party in the evening before bed) rang MAU this morning for a bit of advice to be told they don't routinely scan at 22 weeks (which is fair enough) and just basically get my breakfast and ring later on "if I want". She was really dismissive tbh and it would put me off ringing again as I felt more of a hindrance than anything else. Basically ended up crying when I hung up the phone as I hadn't felt listened to at all - melodramatic pregnant woman alert 🤦‍♀️ not sure why I'm even posting this, just needed to get it out of my system.
Tbh I’m petty enough to do just that - have some breakfast, give it half an hour and call again. If you’re not happy then push them!

Reactions: 7
Tbh I’m petty enough to do just that - have some breakfast, give it half an hour and call again. If you’re not happy then push them!
Yeah my other half said the same, I think it's because it's so drummed into you to ring about any change of movement and as someone who works for NHS I'm not takin up the nurses time unless I feel I have a genuine reason to as I know how busy they are. I'll see how things pan out this morning x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah my other half said the same, I think it's because it's so drummed into you to ring about any change of movement and as someone who works for NHS I'm not takin up the nurses time unless I feel I have a genuine reason to as I know how busy they are. I'll see how things pan out this morning x
In my experience, not feeling movement/reduced movement is a genuine reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As awful as it sounds could it have been handover time? Ring back after breakfast and see if a change of staff from night to day has a different attitude. I know that when I've rang my local assessment at classic handover times they've been quite dismissive (probably because they wanna go home).
Don't let being an NHS worker stop you utilising the service. You're not gonna be able to settle your mind until you have been seen & know what's going on so ring again

Reactions: 5
I went in for reduced movements at 22 weeks because he’d had a regular pattern I could feel from about 20 weeks. They wouldn’t use the ctg to check his heart rate just the Doppler but they still checked to put my mind at ease.
If you’re not happy call and get checked, as miserable as they sound they’d rather check you 100 times than deal with the alternative

Reactions: 2
Thank you so much everyone for your replies, I've had my breakfast now so will give it an hour and see if I feel this girl move about any and if I don't ill give another ring x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone suffer with bad back ache? It almost feels like period pain but just in my lower back and radiating to the sides. I couldn’t even turn over in bed last night it was so bad! Felt baby wriggle today and I’m almost 20 weeks.

Reactions: 3
Anyone suffer with bad back ache? It almost feels like period pain but just in my lower back and radiating to the sides. I couldn’t even turn over in bed last night it was so bad! Felt baby wriggle today and I’m almost 20 weeks.
Yes I've suffered with bouts of bad back pain this time around, and when it's been really bad turning over in bed has been unbearable, just like you said. I have taken paracetamol and used a heat bag thing when it's been really bad. But I don't have much advice sorry x

My back got really sore towards the end of my pregnancy, I invested in an electric heating pad and foam wedge for the sofa to help me sit properly (I slouch a lot) and it really helped. I still use the wedge now, it's not very ~aesthetic but it's worth it!

Yupp, lower everyday and sometimes between my shoulder blades further up as well. Turning over can be an nightmare. Doing stretches helps at the time but doesn’t have a long lasting effect if that makes sense, just gives relief at the time

OH is rearranging the bedroom so we can fit the snuzpod in and we've got our first NCT class tomorrow. It's all making me feel very anxious :eek:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks ladies re back pain replies.
It’s not settling at all and I’m getting tummy cramps but can still feel baby wriggling. I also feel sick. I’m wondering if it’s a possible UTI? I can’t sleep hence the 3am club 🙃 don’t have any issues weeing, doesn’t burn or anything. Is it worth a ring to maternity assessment in the morning?Feels too severe to be stretching pains?! But also never had a UTI in my life.

Thanks ladies re back pain replies.
It’s not settling at all and I’m getting tummy cramps but can still feel baby wriggling. I also feel sick. I’m wondering if it’s a possible UTI? I can’t sleep hence the 3am club 🙃 don’t have any issues weeing, doesn’t burn or anything. Is it worth a ring to maternity assessment in the morning?Feels too severe to be stretching pains?! But also never had a UTI in my life.
In my experience, its always worth ringing for advice.
Still feeling baby move doesn't always mean nothing is wrong 😊
Not saying it is, obviously. But better to get checked out.

In my experience, its always worth ringing for advice.
Still feeling baby move doesn't always mean nothing is wrong 😊
Not saying it is, obviously. But better to get checked out.
Thanks, I think I’d best call them in a few hours when it seems a “normal” time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.