Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
is anyone else just absolutely floored with the cold? Im nearly 26 weeks and every time I catch the cold it’s wiping me out completely 🤧

Reactions: 1
100%! I had a friend say she “wasn’t waiting a week” to meet him and wants to meet him as soon as we’re home 🤔 No bleeping chance 😂
I plan on waiting a day/2 before telling friends & some family that he’s arrived just so I’m not bombarded with calls / requests to visit.

I can’t imagine wanting people in my space and hogging baby when trying to establish breastfeeding, bond and recover. I want to hide myself away from everyone with my partner and soak up those first few weeks, flying visits for a quick cuddle or to see him are fine after a week but no way do I want people staying all day holding him.
My baby is 3 days old and other than my mum & dad, no-one will be meeting him for at least 2 weeks and even they just popped by. I had a decent labour and actually feel quite well, and I still think that space for a couple weeks is important. Set your boundaries and enjoy baby ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Feel so ready to go home as been here since Thursday evening, baby boy was born last night at 8:40 - exactly 37 weeks

A few hours after we’d messaged parents to let them know and father in law instantly tried to call hubby, he cut off the call and said no chance right now, then minutes later FiL made a post on Facebook announcing it to the world .. neither me or my partner had done this we’re not really big on Facebook but yeah we didn’t even have a chance to tell any other close family if we wanted too! Been scared he’d try and come up the hospital too, some people really don’t think and respect your boundaries do they.

Both me and baby are okay, though he had to go for some extra testing at nicu late last night which was scary but they came back fine. Felt mostly like a positive birth just really long though I have nothing to compare it too ! Just will be happy to get home and hopefully sleep for more than 20-30mins 😂 I’d take an hour .. just not been able to get any real sleep in hospital!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Feel so ready to go home as been here since Thursday evening, baby boy was born last night at 8:40 - exactly 37 weeks

A few hours after we’d messaged parents to let them know and father in law instantly tried to call hubby, he cut off the call and said no chance right now, then minutes later FiL made a post on Facebook announcing it to the world .. neither me or my partner had done this we’re not really big on Facebook but yeah we didn’t even have a chance to tell any other close family if we wanted too! Been scared he’d try and come up the hospital too, some people really don’t think and respect your boundaries do they.

Both me and baby are okay, though he had to go for some extra testing at nicu late last night which was scary but they came back fine. Felt mostly like a positive birth just really long though I have nothing to compare it too ! Just will be happy to get home and hopefully sleep for more than 20-30mins 😂 I’d take an hour .. just not been able to get any real sleep in hospital!
Congratulations! Any word on when you’re getting home?

11:30pm, can’t sleep, convinced I’ve got a water infection. I keep needing a wee literally every couple of minutes, and every time I go I feel like I can’t fully finish and then feel like I need to go again but can’t. Super stingy and sore.

Wish I’d gone to the out of hours earlier when my partner suggested it 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Wide awake club from 5am after getting to sleep at 1am, awake at 2:30 to pee (of course 😂) and returning to sleep at 3. Finding pain just increasing though - I had chronic pain prior to pregnancy - and nights are the worst. Anyone else have bad joint pain and any tips fo support? Maybe its my brains way of saying you will be up multiple times through the night soon so get used to it! 🤣

11:30pm, can’t sleep, convinced I’ve got a water infection. I keep needing a wee literally every couple of minutes, and every time I go I feel like I can’t fully finish and then feel like I need to go again but can’t. Super stingy and sore.

Wish I’d gone to the out of hours earlier when my partner suggested it 😩
In my experience. Make sure you ring up today as untreated UTIs can lead to infection ☺ (I am not a medical professional)

• Heart
Wide awake club from 5am after getting to sleep at 1am, awake at 2:30 to pee (of course 😂) and returning to sleep at 3. Finding pain just increasing though - I had chronic pain prior to pregnancy - and nights are the worst. Anyone else have bad joint pain and any tips fo support? Maybe its my brains way of saying you will be up multiple times through the night soon so get used to it! 🤣
Yesss I had chronic joint pain before pregnancy and it’s all exacerbated during. Feel it the worst in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning feel like all the extra weight is crushing them 😂. Support pillow sometimes helps other nights not so much, think it depends on position I’m sleeping.

• Heart
is anyone else just absolutely floored with the cold? Im nearly 26 weeks and every time I catch the cold it’s wiping me out completely 🤧
Yes meeee! Im 22 weeks now, I had covid at the start of January which was tough going, got a few weeks respite from that and now coughing and a heavy chest plus ear infection and generally feeling wiped out from it and the doctors (if you ever manage to get through to them) are generally useless. Feel like a moaning Minnie when I've so much to be thankful for and totally aware people have it a lot worse but I'm totally over it tbh! Just want to feel better! Hope you're feeling more like yourself soon, it's really no fun x

I'll be 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow and haven't heard anything from the hospital about scheduling in either an ECV or a planned C section for my breech baby...should I be chasing this with someone?! My midwife is aware that baby is breech too as she asked me to text her after the growth scan to let her know whether he was indeed breech or not.

I'll be 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow and haven't heard anything from the hospital about scheduling in either an ECV or a planned C section for my breech baby...should I be chasing this with someone?! My midwife is aware that baby is breech too as she asked me to text her after the growth scan to let her know whether he was indeed breech or not.
Yeah I'd probably give them a call today so there's time to chase it again if needed.

I’vedropped a sample in today, had an awful night and still in agony. Just scared they’ll say I’m fine and being dramatic 🤦🏼‍♀️
If you have those symptoms it’s more than likely you have an infection and you’ve 100% done the right thing, you’re not being dramatic at all. I drop in a sample to the gp every time I have a midwife appointment because I always have infections & I’m prone to them!

• Heart
I’vedropped a sample in today, had an awful night and still in agony. Just scared they’ll say I’m fine and being dramatic 🤦🏼‍♀️
You definitely did the right thing! You're more susceptible in pregnancy to them and you can get more poorly with infections and things x

• Heart
Feeling a bit teary after my growth scan. He’s measuring in the 94th centile. They said not to worry it was too early to be concerned (28 weeks) but feel guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Feeling a bit teary after my growth scan. He’s measuring in the 94th centile. They said not to worry it was too early to be concerned (28 weeks) but feel guilty.
Why are you feeling guilty?
In my experience, you can't control that

Why are you feeling guilty?
In my experience, you can't control that
I feel like the general information they give and online makes out it’s because of your diet/bmi. I had an “overweight” bmi at booking so feel judged. Idk maybe it’s because my fatphobic mum was with me 😂. I also just don’t really understand as his head and abdominal circumference say 94th centile but his expected weight is average for this stage in pregnancy so I just feel a bit overwhelmed trying to make sense of it all.

I feel like the general information they give and online makes out it’s because of your diet/bmi. I had an “overweight” bmi at booking so feel judged. Idk maybe it’s because my fatphobic mum was with me 😂. I also just don’t really understand as his head and abdominal circumference say 94th centile but his expected weight is average for this stage in pregnancy so I just feel a bit overwhelmed trying to make sense of it all.
If it helps, 3 out of 4 kids have big heads but they all had decent weights, and I very rarely ate healthy in any of the pregnancies. I was also ‘overweight’ with my BMI in my booking in with number 4 (they also take after their dad who has a big head)

Reactions: 4
If it helps, 3 out of 4 kids have big heads but they all had decent weights, and I very rarely ate healthy in any of the pregnancies. I was also ‘overweight’ with my BMI in my booking in with number 4 (they also take after their dad who has a big head)
Thank you. When I put all the measurements into Google it says otherwise so I just don’t really understand. I’m seeing my midwife on Thursday so I’ll ask her to clarify.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.