Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone, just to keep you updated with my covering manager, we had a meeting this morning…
He said if I can’t work from the office 3 days a week, then it means I’m incapable of doing my job, so I’d have to start my maternity early. Also he wants me to get a letter from my midwife to prove that I can’t come in 3 days a week if that is the case…

This is all because I said I’m stressed about having to go into the office after my appointments or another day to make up my office days, can I change it from 3 days to 2 days instead and work round my appointments.

You know when the words ‘duck off’ are on the very tip of your tongue 😅

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Morning everyone, just to keep you updated with my covering manager, we had a meeting this morning…
He said if I can’t work from the office 3 days a week, then it means I’m incapable of doing my job, so I’d have to start my maternity early. Also he wants me to get a letter from my midwife to prove that I can’t come in 3 days a week if that is the case…

This is all because I said I’m stressed about having to go into the office after my appointments or another day to make up my office days, can I change it from 3 days to 2 days instead and work round my appointments.

You know when the words ‘duck off’ are on the very tip of your tongue 😅
Why is he being such an asshole?? Is he not aware for YEARS pregnant women who never usually work from home but were able to, would start as they got later on in their pregnancy.
Have you asked why exactly it’s necessary? Assuming you didn’t work in the office for a year during COVID?
Ask why it’s an issue now and tell him you’ll speak to HR & get back to him as workplaces must make allowances if they can (which he can!) and if they can’t then sign you off on full pay until 36 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why is he being such an asshole?? Is he not aware for YEARS pregnant women who never usually work from home but were able to, would start as they got later on in their pregnancy.
Have you asked why exactly it’s necessary? Assuming you didn’t work in the office for a year during COVID?
Ask why it’s an issue now and tell him you’ll speak to HR & get back to him as workplaces must make allowances if they can (which he can!) and if they can’t then sign you off on full pay until 36 weeks.
What he is saying is, our team work better in the office and the business would be suffering if I worked from home, which is mental because I’m only asking to work 1 day extra at home and I work for a massive company, it’s not solely on me the business would be suffering😂
Yep worked all from home cos of covid, and because of rail strikes he let us all work from home in December for 2 days a week!

The power of being a manager has gone straight to his head!

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Don’t go on maternity leave early because of them @pink_lemonade. I can’t remember why (apart from the obvious of being heavily pregnant) that you aren’t wanting to go into the office.
But if it’s anything to do with the health concerns of you/baby getting sick from the commute, making the day longer & putting more stress on you with the commute please speak to your GP who can request reasonable changes be made.
And tell them about what your boss is doing - discriminating due to your pregnancy ! Which is CLEAR as you have been able to WFH throughout covid & rail strikes.
They don’t have a leg to stand on when a health professional is telling them.
I’d also send read through this, select the snippets that apply to you & forward it on including his boss / HR and even the CEO if you have to. duck him !

What he is saying is, our team work better in the office and the business would be suffering if I worked from home, which is mental because I’m only asking to work 1 day extra at home and I work for a massive company, it’s not solely on me the business would be suffering😂
Yep worked all from home cos of covid, and because of rail strikes he let us all work from home in December for 2 days a week!

He sounds like my partners asshole ex manager who would make it clear when one of his team announced a pregnancy that he wasn’t happy.
These people are truly tit humans.
It is definitely the power - but he forgets he’s not the real boss 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 9

This is such bullshit, if your HR gets wind of this I imagine they will slap him down like an unwelcome mosquito in a sleeping bag.

I see @Ro98 has linked a great website for you, I hope you get somewhere with this head, he’s being completely unreasonable. You could also follow pregnantthenscrewed on Insta and have a look if they have any guidance.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

If you work for a massive company I’m sure they’ll have a very robust maternity policy in place so see if you can get hold of it/speak to HR. They have to make ‘reasonable work adjustments’ for you I’m sure! If you were saying you physically can’t do your job then that would be a different story, but as you’re just requesting alternative working location it really shouldn’t be a problem!
I know the easy thing to do would be start maternity leave early, and you probably don’t feel like taking on the world at the moment, but for all of your future pregnant team mates please challenge this 💪🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can you get in touch with your HR team and explain what is happening? Do make sure you are showing them facts from the articles above and the gov website. He is making it worse for himself as you could easily go to the doctor and get signed off until you give birth, then they wouldn’t have you working at all and they’d still have to keep paying you. Why are some people such douche bags, sorry you’re going through all of this!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
20 week scan done and dusted and its a girl 💖 placenta lying low and baby currently back to back but sonographer wasn't unduly concerned at this stage. All is well and baby is thriving which is the main thing... wish I could bottle this feeling and keep it forever!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Is there anything we can take for sleep? The insomnia is killing me... I've hardly slept in over a week.
If you find out can you let me know as my 8 month old does not ever sleep. Exhausting.

We can add it to the wiki then as well.

ETA: I'm living vicariously through you guys with the wiki as Rita is being funny about me setting up a wiki on the new baby thread and won't help me. Rita.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Is there anything we can take for sleep? The insomnia is killing me... I've hardly slept in over a week.
I asked the consultant at my appt yesterday and just got told it's something that can happen at this stage and it's very tough. I was hoping she would say 'well if you're desperate you could try X' but no such luck!

There's all the usual stuff: go outside, exercise, tire yourself out, warm bath, lavender spray, no caffeine etc etc but none of it is working for me (not even 2 hours of waiting around at the hospital yesterday which normally wears me out) and at this point I'm so bored of being awake I keep going to bed too early which probably isn't helping.

Sorry not to have any suggestions but I know how you feel and it's awful!

• Heart
20 week scan done and dusted and its a girl 💖 placenta lying low and baby currently back to back but sonographer wasn't unduly concerned at this stage. All is well and baby is thriving which is the main thing... wish I could bottle this feeling and keep it forever!
Congrats!!!! Girl mum here also, so happy you’re both doing well!!!

• Heart
Husband has just asked me to look for some drowsy antihistamines when I go to the shops because he's not sleeping as well as he could be (even though he's sleeping on the sofa bed because I'm coughing so much and got up at 9am today). Read the room!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No advice @pink_lemonade other than whays already been said, your boss sounds awful tbh.

I have a male manager now and tbh I'm not sure he's going to be the most sympathetic.

Has anyone had upset stomach in 2nd trimester? I've had it bad for about 24 hours now and can barely eat today, and the noises my stomach is making is 😳.
I feel absolutely dreadful too.

• Heart
Thank for that is over, longest two hours ever 😂. Burst tire on the way home so Friday in 13th is really in full swing 🥲. Home, fed and back in bed now 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I realise this may not be possible and not sure where we would do it or how but… it would be so useful to have a list of when everyone is due in one place? I feel like there’s a couple due around the same time as me (late March) but can never remember who 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I realise this may not be possible and not sure where we would do it or how but… it would be so useful to have a list of when everyone is due in one place? I feel like there’s a couple due around the same time as me (late March) but can never remember who 😂
This is just perfect for the wiki. It's filling up nicely.

Get it on that wiki gals. Alphabetical order as well if possible please.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.