Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So you’d ask a registered professional to lie on a government form for you, risking their entire career?!
My original MAT B 1 this time had the wrong year on…

And I know full well it happens, I work in HR and we get plenty of colleagues provide us with a second MAT B 1 with a slightly different date, when they realise they’ll miss their 6 months full pay…

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Night 4 of no sleep, I can only assume baby is going to arrive soon and my body is preparing me for the rest of my life.
No idea how I'm supposed to shake this cold if I'm never going to sleep again!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Their whole arm goes up, yep 😂
Feels that way at least.
Midwife tried to use 2 hands for one of my sweeps 🤣
Am I being dumb… HOW?! There is no way you could fit a hand inside me!!! I know a baby is going to come out 🤣 but how are they forcing their hand up there???!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This just made me close my legs, how is a baby coming out of there in a few months 🤣 Do they put their arm up there? The speculums they use to find the cervix are always so long 🫣 Must do more research in the next 15 weeks 😂
Omg I literally just screwed my face up looking at those pictures 🤣🤣 it makes me cringe thinking about it! I'm hoping I can have another section, although I'm completely naive about that as well. Ignorance is bliss for me when it comes to medical stuff!

Am I being dumb… HOW?! There is no way you could fit a hand inside me!!! I know a baby is going to come out 🤣 but how are they forcing their hand up there???!!!
Some questions are best left unanswered!!!!

So to add to this (because I’m clearly not alone in my ignorance) I have spent YEARS wondering what it feels like to have your vagina stretch out to 10cm and what your legs do to accommodate that 🫠

• Haha
I thought the cervix exam would Atleast be with one of them clampy things they use for a smear/most other cervical examinations…. Take a peek and back closed! My cervix likes to play hide and seek at the best of times… so this could be fun!

Honestly ladies I don’t know about anyone else but I was so done by the end that sweeps and the birth I honestly didn’t care what they did to me I just wanted the goddam baby OUT

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Honestly ladies I don’t know about anyone else but I was so done by the end that sweeps and the birth I honestly didn’t care what they did to me I just wanted the goddam baby OUT
Same! With my first I was like do whatever you need to do to get the baby out. Multiple cervical exams and breaking my waters with what can only be described as a knitting needle 🤣🤣

Everytime they walked in when I got induced I had my legs in the right place ready for them to root round 🫣

• Haha
After you have given birth, you realise how heavily edited one born every minute is. 😂
I won’t be able to give birth vaginally with the next (had a complicated birth), so will be looking out for all tips post c-sec!

Sat in the waiting room for GED. Starving already. Next few hours will be fun 🤪
I hear ya… I have mine on Monday 🙄

it’s reassuring to know from this thread that you can get referred for multiple GTTs though. This will be my second.

Reactions: 1
Hi guys, I've just found this thread at 31+4 weeks... My question is.. I had a breast augmentation some years ago (insecurities after an ex bullied me about them for years). Has anyone here had the same - over the muscle and been able to breastfeed?
I had the same around 10 years ago, unfortunately I haven't been able to successfully breastfeed any of my 4, I have tried and have always made sure they have gotten colostrum but I just don't seem to produce much milk. It could be that this would have always been the case as my mam and sisters also struggled but it maybe just because of damage to my milk ducts during the augmentation.

Sorry it's not good news but didn't want to not reply.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi guys, I've just found this thread at 31+4 weeks... My question is.. I had a breast augmentation some years ago (insecurities after an ex bullied me about them for years). Has anyone here had the same - over the muscle and been able to breastfeed?
It depends where the incision was a lot of the time. There’s no reason why you can’t bf, but some women can struggle to make enough milk. Equally some people struggle with that anyway so 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 2
After you have given birth, you realise how heavily edited one born every minute is. 😂
I won’t be able to give birth vaginally with the next (had a complicated birth), so will be looking out for all tips post c-sec!
Sorry can you read the wiki please x

• Haha
Sat in the waiting room for GED. Starving already. Next few hours will be fun 🤪
I was at the clinic yesterday and they were doing the GTTs, one lady was fast asleep across 4 seats in the waiting area! Honestly it's the best way to cope with the sitting around!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.