Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’ve been off work for four weeks as the sickness and nausea is unbearable, but tried to go back today. Couldn’t cope and ended up coming home at lunch after being sick 3 times. My boss was a bit of a dick about it and basically said that everyone who’s pregnant has the same symptoms because the hormones are the same, but some people just deal with it better and obviously I’m not.
She also seemed to doubt how ill I am as she basically said it can’t be that bad because I’d be in hospital if it was.
I’ve had a rubbish few days with the anxiety after bleeding and with it taking us so long to get pregnant in the first place I am really worried all the time which also doesn’t help. I feel like she doesn’t understand because she fell pregnant easily and didn’t really suffer with her pregnancies.

just wanted a rant really!
I’m sorry you’re feeling rubbish but your boss sounds like a total idiot. Ignore her I know it’s easier said than done but she shouldn’t need it spelling out but every pregnancy is different and even if she doesn’t understand that she shouldn’t be saying it to you! Total idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Ro98

VIP Member
Has anyone else dealt with a strained mother-daughter relationship? I won’t go into too much detail but she had an affair which destroyed my dad & I still hold a lot of resentment but don’t really show it as they’re still together.

When we told them I’m pregnant she was very excited but since then whenever I approach her to discuss things it’s very to the point, not interested in the couple of cute things I bought, dismissive, points out how others we both know have had it worse in their pregnancies.
She/they offered money to put towards baby things (very grateful) but I know she spent hundreds on my brothers babies (I was told how much) & we are getting hardly anything compared.
She’s always favourited other family members and definitely treats my siblings partners differently to me (& I was the worst baby & child apparently compared to my siblings) so I don’t know if she somehow doesn’t like it or has some weird feelings towards it.
Anyway sorry I just really needed to get it off my chest because we’re also moving back in with them whilst we search for a house and now I’m wondering how I’m going to cope 😭

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
30 week appt and baby is measuring on the 50th percentile and all is looking ok thankfully 🎉 they looked so big on the scan though, it's crazy to see!
Asked about antenatal classes and they haven't resumed post covid so I guess I might try find something on YouTube maybe? First time mam with anxiety and ocd so i can't just 'wing it', I need allllllllll the information to help keep me calm 🙈
Look on the baby academy, I did 3 free ones online through there (baby care, baby safety and breastfeeding) which were all useful for me as a first time mum - they were a couple of hours long each xx

• Heart
Ive also got a snuzpod and have only read and heard great things from other mums.
I think it’s possible she may be getting confused with the sleepyhead/dockatot as although they are widely used, they are not recommended by the lullaby trust?
Thank you ladies for all of your replies! It is the Snuzpod4 I have and I will be definitely making the use of it when baby is here!

I think this too, I think she may be getting confused with the sleepyhead now dockatot. It just makes you think when it’s your first baby. In other news I am just waiting for all of the other Black Friday sales!

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
If one more person asks about my symptoms then replies "it's only going to get worse" I swear to god 🤬
I’ll join you. Likewise with anyone who says “ohh you’ve got lots more fun to come!” Or “well that’ll be worse when you’ve got a child to think about too!” When I moan about anything 👍🏻

Ro98

VIP Member
God I’ve only been awake 20 minutes and came across some of the news in Ukraine and haven’t stopped crying since 🙉
I’ve felt so wobbly the last few days paranoid about going to the 21 week scan next month and something being wrong so my partner has agreed we should go for a private one just to settle my anxiety a little & hopefully we can find out the gender too 🤞🏼
I never felt like this before the 12 week one, has anyone else been the same?

• Heart
I’m 37 weeks 4 days today and I’m starting to get really anxious about birth! I don’t know if I’m going to cope with the pain. I hate needles too 😩

I would consider an epidural but I’m worried I’ll end up paralysed.

At the same time I want this baby to come asap as I’m feeling extremely uncomfortable now but getting no signs really except increased lightening crotch pain. The third trimester has definitely been the worst for me

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
This might be a stupid question, but what happens if midwives go on strike, is there a risk of not having a midwife available when you're in labour?! I have a feeling someone who works for the NHS posted here about this previously and said there were some sort of safeguards in place to ensure there is enough staff available, but if that's the case then I don't really understand how the strike would work!
Not everyone will strike, minimum staffing levels would be adhered too on possible strike days.
So it's not that staff would just not turn in for their shift because there is a strike.
Services probably will run slower but it won't all grind to a halt 😊

imtakingabath

VIP Member
Just in case anyone doesn’t already know this, the vaccines they offer you aren’t just for your protection - they also give your baby short term immunity after they’re born if you get the vaccine towards the end of your pregnancy 😊 from end of second trimester onwards.

• Heart

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Is it normal in pregnancy to have abit of clear watery discharge? It’s not masses but sometimes do feel like Iv wet myself abit!

Nayalove96

VIP Member
I feel like they were like this with my first two losses, and it was only after the third that things started to be taken seriously….and I get they have to have protocols and draw the line somewhere. But it’s harrowing!!! I had one lovely Early Pregnancy Unit midwife so I just used to phone up and ask for her by name, she’s seen me through all 4 pregnancies including this one that’s sticking around, 25 weeks. 🙏🏼 And I said to her once, you’re one of the only nice ones at EPU….and she said, I just think that as soon as you see that positive test, you feel like a mum, whether you’re 4, 14 or 24 weeks. 💗💗💗💗
I’m so sorry you had to go through that 😭 exactly that! A baby is a baby it doesn’t matter how many weeks they are it is your child! 💗

• Heart

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I know I sound dramatic but at one point I thought she’s going to break the skin!

yes,maybe. Tbh mydiet and exercise has been awful and I get out of breath so quickly I know I shouldn’t be surprised. I think her intimating rather than telling me outright annoyed me, I’m a very straight talker and I don’t like people who make me try and guess what they’re saying.

I was also a bit annoyed they didn’t remeasure the baby - she even said herself that it might be something they’ve got wrong. I suppose I just want to be left alone a bit 😂 rather than being dragged back and forth the hospital every other week!
When was your last growth scan? Our trust won't do growth scans more often than once a fortnight. At one point I was alternating growth and doppler scans. I asked could they not be done at the same time because the weekly trips to the hospital seemed ridiculous and they agreed.

I'm back again on Thursday for my last growth scan. If this one isn't satisfactory she could be here within days 😱😱

• Heart

Hotel_breakfast

I've not had the rage but feeling super emotional today 😢 I'm only 8 weeks but I'm SO exhausted all the time, I'm struggling in work because I'm so tired, the house is an absolute state, I feel like I'm living in squalor. Not keeping on top of things as we normally would. It's feeling twice as hard 2nd time around because obviously I have my 3yr old to look after too, but I don't remember feeling this tired in my first pregnancy. I'm taking my multivitamins. Thankfully I'm not being sick, only feel nauseous occasionally but I just feel so useless. I've got a sore throat now too and my 3yr old has been waking at 6am every day this week cos of the clock change (I know that is good for some kids but usually she's 7 o'clock and I'm really feeling missing out on that hr!) Husband isn't completely useless, he's picking up the slack a lot, especially with childcare like he took her swimming this morning when it was supposed to be my turn so I could go back to bed but usually we use that hour to do some cleaning around the house childfree and I just slept! Also need to go food shopping desperately, I usually keep on top of that and book online food shops ahead of time.

Basically just feeling ridiculously exhausted and overwhelmed and thinking how the hell am I gonna cope with 2 kids?!

• Heart
Honestly they can all get effed. You know how many people have told me the awful stories of birth and raising children? So many I can’t count. You know who’s told me anything good about having kids? One of my work colleagues. ONE. When I first told her she told me with a massive smile on her face how much joy her kids bring her even when they’re being ‘difficult’ and how it’s a change but for the better.
Whenever anyone says something negative to you turn the feeling back on them saying “oh thanks for sharing that, I feel loads better now!” And see how they like it.
Ive got plenty of lovely stories of parenthood if you wanted more, I’m sure a lot of us do if it’s not our first time pregnant 💕

• Heart

Ro98

VIP Member
Childcare costs are a disgrace and it’s all the big bosses raking it in.
When I have this baby I’ll probably be staying off until they go to school since our local nursery (where I used to work) will be about £1850 for 5 days per month once baby is a year old.
We’re better off me not working 🤯 Times are really crazy- I do wonder when it will change? It’s not sustainable for anyone

Tifastrife

VIP Member
Well after a week of reprieve from throwing up because I was doing literally nothing except resting, I've thrown up three times in the street on the way to work in the last fifteen minutes. Lower back killing already. Give me strength

• Heart

imtakingabath

VIP Member
It's the toddler thread that scares me! 😅
Toddlers can be hard work but they’re also so much more rewarding than newborns imo! They can tell you they love you and give you hugs, and just do so many sweet or funny things. Newborns are sweet but a lot of work without much reward for a while 😅

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
In the next category, can’t believe I’m halfway though 😭 just told someone on my board and she cried with happiness which made me well up 😭😭😭

• Heart