Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GlennCoco

VIP Member
A client of mine who I met for the first time today asked when I was due etc and when I told her, her exact words were "oh are you sure there's only one in there" 😡 erm yes hun, I'm 31 weeks and plus sized anyway 🙄

• Angry
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

imtakingabath

VIP Member
At today's antenatal class I found out that forceps are to pull the baby out from INSIDE YOU 😱 I thought they only got used once the head was out 🙈
Presumably for this reason, forceps deliveries usually involve an episiotomy (to get the forceps in I guess). I'm not sure I'd ever given it much proper thought before I had a forceps delivery haha! I feel like I had a pretty straightforward recovery despite the episiotomy and forceps, just to reassure anyone worrying about a possible assisted birth!

• Heart

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
my husband met his dad yesterday for lunch, and FIL asked him if he could be the first one to see the baby after me (even before my husband). he was not joking at all and it sent my husband into the biggest rage bc what the fuck is wrong with all our family members!!! husband cussed him out and told him he's literally last on the family list and if anyone were to see his son first it would be him and not anyone else. FIL was so offended and couldn't believe my husband said no. he then proceeded to tell my husband "i hope you know that the baby isn't just your son, he's everyone's grandchild and nephew" and my husband went "i dont give a shit what he is to you, he's my son and that's my only priority"

also got a message from my SIL asking me if i can avoid labour during her exam period, as if it's in my control in any way and as if i give a shit about her schedule.

absolutely can't stand my in laws sometimes, their audacity knows no bounds
When my friend had her second, her Father in Law turned up at the delivery suite with his camera to take photos because "I'm playing golf today so I won't be able to come back later." He didn't ask, just showed up, and her idiot Husband couldn't understand why she was annoyed.

She said they'd not even had chance to change her bed from birth, and she'd not had chance to shower. He then caused a scene in reception, because the staff told him there were no visitors allowed until she moved to the ward.

• Wow
  • Heart

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Tetley decaf! (personally) I think it tastes great and I love tea...well I did until I went off it early pregnancy 😂

Also, why do films, shows ect make pregnancy seem glamorous? Currently at week 15 having had bleeding, nosebleeds and a burst ovarian cyst and still having nausea, sickness, heartburn, anxiety and now milk blisters which are quite painful. If anyone has any remedies I would be so grateful. Just feeling sorry for myself, and not sure of my point. It took us so long to conceive, we used fertility treatment, and feel I should be enjoying it more but really I just feel quite upset I am not enjoying it and wishing time away until baby is here. Sorry for the moan but I know some of you have experienced similar and it has been helpful to not feel alone x
I can’t offer any advice, but just to share that you’re not alone. We really struggled to conceive too and I expected pregnancy to be this magical and beautiful thing (which it is!!) but I also feel so shit, and then feel guilty for feeling shit when this is what we’ve desperately wanted for so long.

• Heart
In news that will shock no one, I’ve tested positive for gestational diabetes. Have my appt on Wednesday so feel abit like don’t know what I’m meant to be doing until then.

• Heart

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I do find it funny how different families react to baby news 😂 there’s definitely a middle ground between “our baby” vs not giving a monkeys 🤣🤣 why is it so hard to find for some people?!

• Haha

Kc93

Thank you all so much for your understanding and kind words. It has really helped a hormonal lady feel better. You are such an amazing bunch here 💕

• Heart

Kc93

Does anyone have any good decaf tea recommendations or herbal teas that are safe to drink?
Tetley decaf! (personally) I think it tastes great and I love tea...well I did until I went off it early pregnancy 😂

Also, why do films, shows ect make pregnancy seem glamorous? Currently at week 15 having had bleeding, nosebleeds and a burst ovarian cyst and still having nausea, sickness, heartburn, anxiety and now milk blisters which are quite painful. If anyone has any remedies I would be so grateful. Just feeling sorry for myself, and not sure of my point. It took us so long to conceive, we used fertility treatment, and feel I should be enjoying it more but really I just feel quite upset I am not enjoying it and wishing time away until baby is here. Sorry for the moan but I know some of you have experienced similar and it has been helpful to not feel alone x

• Heart
Reactions: 7

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Your work place cannot pressure you into returning if you've been formally signed off work by a dr!
Get that sick note and don't pay them a second thought!

Have you asked for a risk assessment? I'd be asking for a risk assessment immediately given how heavy a trauma ward can be and the amount of lifts and rolls required!
Legally I thought they had to honour any scans and appointments booked too? My manager told me that she has to honour all of them. If you're in a union @elliebakerrr I'd get onto them or HR.

• Heart
Thanks, I feel horrible for feeling like this. I am so happy but just worry. That being said, I have interests from both my parents and like stuff neither of them like, and I’m close with them, so don’t know why I worry about that stuff. It’s just not wanting to disappoint her.
The fact you’re worrying means you’re aware of it and that means you can do something about it. There’s lots of Instagram accounts about how to approach food and body image. I’ve struggled with an eating disorder and although I am “recovered” I still engaged in some behaviours. When I had my daughter I was so aware of her watching me I did my best to put a stop to them. Often there are things we can’t do for ourselves but we can for our children ❤

GlennCoco

VIP Member
I've got a debrief today about my labour last time and I'm really nervous for some reason 🙈

• Heart

elliebakerrr

Hey guys I’m new to this thread. I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant. I just started my newly qualified nurse job on a heavy trauma ward and I hate it! It’s so heavy, not very good patient care and it’s really not for me. I was suppose to have my 12 week scan yesterday bur had to cancel because they couldn’t attend because they couldn’t grant me time off. It’s really affecting me mentally. Fortunately I have been awarded my dream job that I start in a few weeks which is so much more suited to me. I’m really stressed before going to work, not sleeping or eating properly and clock watching every hour before my alarm. I’m worried this is not only impacting me but my baby, and I also have a toddler to think about. I’m tempted to go off sick with stress until my job terminates but can’t help but feel like I will be pressured continuously by my current workplace to return to work. Does anyone have any advice for this very hormonal mum? 🥹

• Heart

GlennCoco

VIP Member
Don’t go on your own and be prepared to cry. I was so unprepared and thought it was just a general chat. Told my fella to go to work. When in reality it was so emotional I felt like I’d had a therapy session but in a good way. Good luck I hope you get the answers and reassurance you deserve ❤

I’m not sure but where I live (Liverpool) if you have a traumatic birth they automatically give you a debrief appointment. Well with my first I had a consultation when I was pregnant with this baby. But I had an even worse birth this time and my midwife has said I’ll receive an appitnment soon for a debrief at the hospital. I’m thinking of asking for counselling too, they did say it was an option for me if I want it x
It was an absolute waste of time. I was meant to be seeing the midwife after to get my BP taken so she booked me in and said that the debrief usually takes about an hour but if I run over then not to worry etc. I was in and out in 15 mins!!!

I felt like she glossed over everything and just picked out highlights. I tried to stop her to ask a question or go back a bit but I felt totally rushed and like it was completely pointless.

I feel totally deflated and I'm going to have to complete the request thing so I can go through them at my own pace.

• Sad
  • Heart

GlennCoco

VIP Member
Sorry this is a huge word vomit and I just need to it out somewhere 🙈

My anxiety is high today 😔 my section is booked for 39 weeks and people (consultants and midwives) keep on telling me how I won't get that far. The consultant said she was going to try and get it moved earlier and I've got an appointment this week with her so I guess I'll find out then if she has been successful.

Seeing people on here and in real life not making it to their section dates and going through natural labour is absolutely freaking me out. I knew that there was a risk I would go into natural labour but I think I've been ignoring how much of a possibility it is and just keep thinking "I'll get my section, I'll be fine".

But it's like I've had a reality check today and I need to seriously start considering a natural labour (as much as I don't want one and don't think mentally I could get through one). I feel stupid for having buried my head in the sand for 32 weeks and could have been researching and preparing myself mentally.

So do I start buying the raspberry leaf tea stuff that people swear by? Is that going to bring on a natural labour or will it just make my labour better if I do go naturally? Should I look into hypnobirthing? Is there anything else I'm missing???

• Heart

ChichiX

Anyone else been diagnosed with Hyperemesis? 14 weeks now and spent the weekend in hospital from it. Did it come back for anyone, honestly never felt so shit!

• Heart

ChattyMammy

Chatty Member
So induction has been booked for the 9th, they can’t do any earlier than 40+12 but midwife basically hinted that if I went in with reduced movements at any point before then they’d probably just induce me early, then rang triage whilst I was there and they’ve asked me to go up to be monitored. Really don’t know what to do, I wouldn’t say I’m worried about movements at all really so it feels quite naughty but the thought of another week being pregnant makes me want to cry 😭

• Heart

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Thank you, I had a bourbon and another glass of water and I’m lying on my side and I think she’s woken up because she’s kicking now. It’s really odd because she established a pattern really early on of kicking loads every two hours - I could set my watch by her pretty much but this last week she has moved AND her pattern seems to have changed which isn’t what I was expecting tbh.
If there is a change to your baby's pattern of movements that is a reason to call the maternity triage at hospital for monitoring if you're worried. I think the advice is something like no movements, reduced movements or change in movements then call up and they'll get you in for a check. I went in so many times in my last pregnancy because she just didn't move much at all so I could easily go 1-2 days and feel very little/nothing. They really didn't mind, just said it is always best to check and every 2-3 episodes they would do an extra scan as well. She was fine but she never did move a lot and they weren't sure why so induced me early in the end. Turned out she didn't move a lot as a baby either 🤣 literally the quietest, most peaceful baby in the world - she was just chilling out in there! x

• Wow
  • Haha

Tifastrife

VIP Member
Hey guys I’m new to this thread. I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant. I just started my newly qualified nurse job on a heavy trauma ward and I hate it! It’s so heavy, not very good patient care and it’s really not for me. I was suppose to have my 12 week scan yesterday bur had to cancel because they couldn’t attend because they couldn’t grant me time off. It’s really affecting me mentally. Fortunately I have been awarded my dream job that I start in a few weeks which is so much more suited to me. I’m really stressed before going to work, not sleeping or eating properly and clock watching every hour before my alarm. I’m worried this is not only impacting me but my baby, and I also have a toddler to think about. I’m tempted to go off sick with stress until my job terminates but can’t help but feel like I will be pressured continuously by my current workplace to return to work. Does anyone have any advice for this very hormonal mum? 🥹
If they couldn't even have the decency to let you go for your scan, I would definitely be going and getting signed off. You don't owe them anything

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Hi everyone 👋🏼 I’m almost six weeks. Had two losses this year so feeling anxious but all good so far 🤞🏼 Feeling very sick but it comes and goes.

Does anybody else feel down..but not to do with pregnancy as such? I’m a nervous wreck due to my previous losses (I do also have a toddler) and constantly googling every symptom and checking when I wipe which is exhausting. We sold our house last year and not found anything since so living at parents. Worried we won’t find anything by the time baby arrives so I’m stressed, especially with the cost of living! And lastly, sounds utterly silly, but we got a dog at the start of the year and (sorry dog lovers) he is my biggest regret. Turns out I’m not a dog person and I’m dreading when baby arrives with a toddler and a manic dog. I want to re home him but OH and toddler loves him so I’m stuck.

Sorry to rant but don’t have many people to tell, at least nobody who wouldn’t say I need to get a grip. Just feeling emotionally consumed x

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Your work place cannot pressure you into returning if you've been formally signed off work by a dr!
Get that sick note and don't pay them a second thought!

Have you asked for a risk assessment? I'd be asking for a risk assessment immediately given how heavy a trauma ward can be and the amount of lifts and rolls required!