Pregnancy #40 we're here for advice so just be nice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cried at a pigeon today, I can’t get myself up of the floor anymore if I crouch down, don’t even get me started on my nipples & a random person thought it was okay to touch my bump when we went out for dinner. I can’t wait to be normal again 😩😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You can get raspberry leaf in capsule form FYI!

Agree with the dates, peanut butter and chocolate combination. Game changer.

Reactions: 1
I have the baby bjorn mini. I have to be honest I don’t have the patience for lots of carriers/wraps, I needed something simple, easy to understand and that I didn’t have to write a dummies book for my husband to work out either. It’s perfect for what we realistically use it for, quick and simple to put on even with a crying baby, comfortable to wear even for longer periods, easily adjustable for someone else to wear and as baby grows. He’s always quite happy to go in it which is quite something because I’m pretty sure he hates life. 😂
I feel like I could have written this myself. I also have the mini and my miserable baby loved it, and other than eating he doesn't like much at all! And bonus it's so easy to put on. I bought a sling one and gave up after trying to put it on once, so many bits of material to be faffing around with!

Those who have been told to take aspirin - did they tell you when to stop? I don’t know if I need to take it until the end or whether I can stop now (37wks).

We liked the ergo 360 (which came with a newborn insert) for my last baby. Pretty easy and comfy!

Reactions: 2
Those who have been told to take aspirin - did they tell you when to stop? I don’t know if I need to take it until the end or whether I can stop now (37wks).

We liked the ergo 360 (which came with a newborn insert) for my last baby. Pretty easy and comfy!
I'm taking 150mg aspirin (for risk of pre-eclampsia due to BMI) the consultant said to stop at 36 weeks. Might be worth checking though as I think you get advised different amounts for different risk factors (my SIL was on a smaller amount but for something to do with PAPPa)

• Heart

I was worried about taking mine until the end (which is what you're supposed to do)
As it's always taken me ages to stop bleeding when I get cuts ect.
So it worried me a bit!
Consultant said if I was worried about it, just stop taking it at 39 weeks.
But you are supposed to take it until the end. In my experience anyway 😊

• Heart

I was told to stop taking it at 37w but it looks like it could vary trust to trust

• Heart
Has anyone else experienced retching? Since my morning sickness has picked up I’ve not been sick very often but have had plenty of episodes involving me retching over the toilet

Reactions: 7
I was told to stop taking it at 37w but it looks like it could vary trust to trust
Yes I should probably double check with the MW, it’s just so hard to get hold of her 🙄
I know I have multiple risk factors so I’m on the higher dose (including pre e in my previous pregnancy) so I guess it might be a person by person thing!

Has anyone else experienced retching? Since my morning sickness has picked up I’ve not been sick very often but have had plenty of episodes involving me retching over the toilet
yeah, I was also sick but mainly retched. I found sometimes if I just retched and retched I actually got some relief afterwards instead of trying to resist it, awful feeling though!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yes this was pretty much me the whole 1st trimester 😖 I would never actually be sick, maybe some bile 🤢 sorry gross I know, but I do think it’s pretty normal

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've had this since late in the first trimester, at first I thought it was acid reflux but now I think it's gag reflex triggered by strong/bad smells. I'm 21 weeks now and it has improved, at one point I was retching multiple times a day and maybe being sick once, now it's about once a day if I'm being careful and (fingers crossed) being sick every 2-3ish days. It's horrible, hope yours eases soon.

• Heart
It's awful isn't it, I'm 25 weeks now and my nausea/retching isn't stopping, haven't been actually sick for a few weeks 🤞🏻 but I gag/retch multiple times a day. It's normally smells but it's also just seeing something on Tele (like blood or someone else being sick) that sets me off too. Mr Armyofone says it's getting more far fetched what sets it off too. Was hoping to feel better by now 😭

Having three other little ones doesn't help as I clean up a plethora of messes everyday 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t think I’ve been actually sick in a good few weeks now.. today is 20w scan day and what had to happen while I’m getting ready .. typical 🤣 Not sure if it’s baby’s fault it’s neves that probably aren’t helping to be honest, not going to have time to brush my teeth again before having to leave 😭

• Heart
The GTT test should be illegal 😂 I'm so hungry! I never go this long without food normally and I'm now feeling sick because I'm hungry 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t think I’ve been actually sick in a good few weeks now.. today is 20w scan day and what had to happen while I’m getting ready .. typical 🤣 Not sure if it’s baby’s fault it’s neves that probably aren’t helping to be honest, not going to have time to brush my teeth again before having to leave 😭
I was immediately humbled this morning as well, threw my breakfast up after posting that my sickness had improved! 😅 Hope your scan goes well.

• Heart
Anyone else find some days they might eat/drink something without thinking but then have the mindset “it’s one thing it won’t harm”, then other days (like today I bought an oasis, but apparently it contains something that can be dangerous in high doses? Obvs a few sips won’t do that)
But my mind looks at the ingredients, starts googling and telling myself I’ve done something wrong now and will seriously harm the baby 😑
I know it’s just those days filled with anxiety that play tricks on us but I seriously annoy myself with how much I worry 😂

On a different note has anyone been to a farm whilst pregnant? How did you find the bumpy tractor ride on your back & can we go near animals? NHS says to steer clear of breeding animals/new mums/babies etc but how will I know? 😅
Hope it doesn’t come across as being OTT x

Anyone else find some days they might eat/drink something without thinking but then have the mindset “it’s one thing it won’t harm”, then other days (like today I bought an oasis, but apparently it contains something that can be dangerous in high doses? Obvs a few sips won’t do that)
But my mind looks at the ingredients, starts googling and telling myself I’ve done something wrong now and will seriously harm the baby 😑
I know it’s just those days filled with anxiety that play tricks on us but I seriously annoy myself with how much I worry 😂

On a different note has anyone been to a farm whilst pregnant? How did you find the bumpy tractor ride on your back & can we go near animals? NHS says to steer clear of breeding animals/new mums/babies etc but how will I know? 😅
Hope it doesn’t come across as being OTT x
I don't think I've ever heard that you can't drink oasis? 🤔

You can go near the animals just not touching them I think it is 😊

I don't think I've ever heard that you can't drink oasis? 🤔

You can go near the animals just not touching them I think it is 😊
I’m sure it’s probably fine to but the bottle had a warning on saying it contains Phenylalanine, it says only in high doses can it affect unborn baby but I’ve drunk a fair amount the last 2 days so obviously telling myself I’m an idiot 😆

Okay perfect! Thank you I thought that would be the case, I’ll stand back & let the kids go for it 😂

* edited to add - I am an idiot and clearly have no functioning brain as it only affects women if they already have the condition 😳 think I need to go back to bed 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.