Pregnancy #40 we're here for advice so just be nice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at my maternity leave arrangements and I have quite a bit of annual leave left and it looks like I could just not come back after Christmas (around 33 weeks). Baby is due early Feb though so it feels like it might be a lot of waiting around. Other factors:
-I'm really fed up with my work at the moment and would love to wash my hands of it asap
-It's my first baby and I heard they often come later (both me and my brother were late)
-But at my last appt the consultant said that depending on how things progress they might want baby to arrive before 40 weeks (due to my age)
-Wondering if it might be better to save my annual leave for when baby is here so I can have more time with him before going back

Would love to hear thoughts from anyone else!
I took all my annual leave before I left. As I'm not sure if you lose it if you don't? I guess places work it different but with my work place, if we didn't use it by the end of the year, we'd lose it.
You'll also gain more annual leave whilst on maternity leave too so you'll have more when you go back to take if you want

Reactions: 2
I took all my annual leave before I left. As I'm not sure if you lose it if you don't? I guess places work it different but with my work place, if we didn't use it by the end of the year, we'd lose it.
You'll also gain more annual leave whilst on maternity leave too so you'll have more when you go back to take if you want
Thanks, I can carry over up to 9 days without line manager approval, anything over that needs sign off (I don't currently have a line manager at the moment which is part of the issue!)

I think I'm mostly worried about being stuck in the house in the middle of winter with nothing to do and going stir crazy waiting for baby to arrive! 😅

Thanks, I can carry over up to 9 days without line manager approval, anything over that needs sign off (I don't currently have a line manager at the moment which is part of the issue!)

I think I'm mostly worried about being stuck in the house in the middle of winter with nothing to do and going stir crazy waiting for baby to arrive! 😅
I’m 14 weeks so only just thinking about it- do you wfh? I’m planning on working up to the birth, assuming I’m healthy enough and only wfh. But that’s just me, I would get bored so so quickly and as someone said, you accrue your holidays whilst on mat leave. But it depends on the work you do and how you feel. My friend stopped 6 weeks before her boy came and their other friend who is a dentist worked right up till her due date!

Looking at my maternity leave arrangements and I have quite a bit of annual leave left and it looks like I could just not come back after Christmas (around 33 weeks). Baby is due early Feb though so it feels like it might be a lot of waiting around. Other factors:
-I'm really fed up with my work at the moment and would love to wash my hands of it asap
-It's my first baby and I heard they often come later (both me and my brother were late)
-But at my last appt the consultant said that depending on how things progress they might want baby to arrive before 40 weeks (due to my age)
-Wondering if it might be better to save my annual leave for when baby is here so I can have more time with him before going back

I think it would depend on your works allowance with your annual leave - but if you finish early, it won’t make too much difference in the grand scheme of things.
I’m finishing at 35 weeks - the last few weeks physically are hard work, still working and I’m just not prepared to do it for a job that I’ve mentally checked out of!

I think if you know you have a while, it won’t feel like a countdown? And you can plan some bits in to keep you entertained! It’s the last chance that you will have, without a baby/toddler/child needing you! Make the most! X

Reactions: 3
I’m 14 weeks so only just thinking about it- do you wfh? I’m planning on working up to the birth, assuming I’m healthy enough and only wfh. But that’s just me, I would get bored so so quickly and as someone said, you accrue your holidays whilst on mat leave. But it depends on the work you do and how you feel. My friend stopped 6 weeks before her boy came and their other friend who is a dentist worked right up till her due date!
I mostly WFH, at the moment we are meant to go in 1 day a week (increasing to 2 days soon which seems a bit wild in peak cold/flu season but still pretty reasonable compared to similar orgs) but I'm going in much less frequently because I haven't felt up to it.

I think it would depend on your works allowance with your annual leave - but if you finish early, it won’t make too much difference in the grand scheme of things.
I’m finishing at 35 weeks - the last few weeks physically are hard work, still working and I’m just not prepared to do it for a job that I’ve mentally checked out of!

I think if you know you have a while, it won’t feel like a countdown? And you can plan some bits in to keep you entertained! It’s the last chance that you will have, without a baby/toddler/child needing you! Make the most! X
This is a good way of thinking about it, it might be nice to spend some time with my SIL and nephew as she will still be on mat leave then.

Reactions: 1

Honestly just finish at Christmas. I’ve finished on Friday technically at 34 and a half weeks and it’s time you won’t get back. I finished at 36+3 the first time and had the baby 3 days later. I was gutted I had no time to rest, my sister had to pack my bag, nothing was set up and ready as I was planning to do it that week. I have a bit of annual leave too so my mat leave doesn’t actually kick in till mid oct. I’m so looking forward to just resting, batch cooking, deep cleaning the house and finishing my bag

I accrue annual leave too while I’m off so maybe you do too, I’d double check. I’ve been uncomfortable for months tbh and it’s just not worth it, pushing myself to work, I’ll never get this time again. I’m certain my baby is coming early anyway

Reactions: 8
I’m going as soon as I can 😂 I’ve got about 17 days annual leave (my leave year runs June to May and I’ve only taken a week so far) and I work in a really physical job with little to no support so as soon as they are happy for me to go I will. I’m hoping for late January at the latest, due around the 2nd week of March.

Reactions: 5
Stretch marks have made an appearance today! Bang on 36!
I've noticed some today too, 32+3. Not sure why I'm surprised or bothered by it considering I seem to be carrying the Michelin Man 😂 EFW of 5lb 11oz when I had a growth scan last week 🙈

Can anyone recommend a baby carrier please? A very simple to use one, not a wrap around type one.

We bought one for our first baby and it was barely used, just couldn’t get the hang of it and the baby hated it. Don’t mind more expensive options if it’s worth it! Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a baby carrier please? A very simple to use one, not a wrap around type one.

We bought one for our first baby and it was barely used, just couldn’t get the hang of it and the baby hated it. Don’t mind more expensive options if it’s worth it! Thanks.
Do you want one for around the house or for walks? We had a babybjörn carrier for my first son which was great for walks, this time around I’ve bought a couple of softer ones to wear around the house since I’ll be running around after a three year old, and got some bargains secondhand on Facebook marketplace - Ergobaby Embrace which looks very simple to put on, and the Baby K’tan wrap which involves a tiny bit of wrapping/adjustment but very minimal compared to the ones that are basically just one long strip of fabric.

I had the ergo embrace but didn’t use it until baby was 3 months old as it wasn’t great for head support. She grew out of it by 7 months and even then was a stretch so wont get it this time. I’m looking at the caboo close or the new baby Bjorn carrier but think this could be similar to the embrace. Possibly the ergo baby 360 with the newborn insert as will be running around after my 3 year old in the parks etc so would be handy to have a sturdy one to have baby in when older.

Thank you, I’ll look up those brands. I’ll have a nearly 3 year old as well, so i wanted a good carrier around the house. I suppose a more substantial one would be good for walks as well.

I have the baby bjorn mini. I have to be honest I don’t have the patience for lots of carriers/wraps, I needed something simple, easy to understand and that I didn’t have to write a dummies book for my husband to work out either. It’s perfect for what we realistically use it for, quick and simple to put on even with a crying baby, comfortable to wear even for longer periods, easily adjustable for someone else to wear and as baby grows. He’s always quite happy to go in it which is quite something because I’m pretty sure he hates life. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Started the mejool dates today… I just can’t. They are vile 😪
All dependent on whether you like nuts/aren't allergic to nuts but try slice the dates and stuff them with peanut butter (bonus points if you then coat them in chocolate, it's delicious!) Honesty, it's a game changer compared to just eating them plain!

Reactions: 4
which tea do you have? I just got the first box that came up on Amazon maybe that’s where I went wrong 🤣
The first box I found in the health shop! I heard of people making the tea and letting it go cold and then having it with ice? Sound like something you’d be into?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.