Pregnancy #40 we're here for advice so just be nice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure it’s probably fine to but the bottle had a warning on saying it contains Phenylalanine, it says only in high doses can it affect unborn baby but I’ve drunk a fair amount the last 2 days so obviously telling myself I’m an idiot 😆

Okay perfect! Thank you I thought that would be the case, I’ll stand back & let the kids go for it 😂

* edited to add - I am an idiot and clearly have no functioning brain as it only affects women if they already have the condition 😳 think I need to go back to bed 😅
I believe anything that contains aspartame has Phenylalanine. Which is pretty much all diet drinks 😊

Reactions: 1
Scan went absolutely perfect 🥰
Baby boy was less awkward today compared to other scans so they got everything they needed fairly quickly

Okay will try my best to stop worrying now
Need another scan tomorrow to help that 😂

How long did people wait until after 20w scan before having another private one? If at all?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Scan went absolutely perfect 🥰
Baby boy was less awkward today compared to other scans so they got everything they needed fairly quickly

Okay will try my best to stop worrying now
Need another scan tomorrow to help that 😂

How long did people wait until after 20w scan before having another private one? If at all?
I had a 4D at 28 weeks… would recommend 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The GTT test should be illegal 😂 I'm so hungry! I never go this long without food normally and I'm now feeling sick because I'm hungry 🙈
Completely agree, I have to do a second one in a few weeks not looking forward to it! Hope you've got some lunch by now!

• Heart
Those who have been told to take aspirin - did they tell you when to stop? I don’t know if I need to take it until the end or whether I can stop now (37wks).

We liked the ergo 360 (which came with a newborn insert) for my last baby. Pretty easy and comfy!
I stopped taking mine last night at 36 weeks. They told me it takes 2 weeks to get out of your system so best to stop then as you could technically go whenever

On a different note has anyone been to a farm whilst pregnant? How did you find the bumpy tractor ride on your back & can we go near animals? NHS says to steer clear of breeding animals/new mums/babies etc but how will I know? 😅
Hope it doesn’t come across as being OTT x
You only need to worry about birthing fluids so unless your touching brand new slimey lambs or calves or lambing/calving them yourself you should be fine. Obviously wash your hands afterwards 😊 tractor rides should be fine. I'm still being rattled about checking sheep every day although my back was knackered anyway! Only you can judge what is best for you 😊

Reactions: 2
Has anyone else experienced retching? Since my morning sickness has picked up I’ve not been sick very often but have had plenty of episodes involving me retching over the toilet
yep retching is driving me up the wall, even the smell of my partner has made me retch daily, also the smell of ice cubes is a new one for me! I’ve had this since the beginning and I’m 18 weeks, it’s the most annoying thing especially where I’m retching so much that the blood vessels round my eyes pop, I look a right mess! I’ve noticed sucking on a polo helps xxxxx

• Heart
You only need to worry about birthing fluids so unless your touching brand new slimey lambs or calves or lambing/calving them yourself you should be fine. Obviously wash your hands afterwards 😊 tractor rides should be fine. I'm still being rattled about checking sheep every day although my back was knackered anyway! Only you can judge what is best for you 😊
Oh perfect that’ll be fine then, thank you!! 😀

yep retching is driving me up the wall, even the smell of my partner has made me retch daily, also the smell of ice cubes is a new one for me! I’ve had this since the beginning and I’m 18 weeks, it’s the most annoying thing especially where I’m retching so much that the blood vessels round my eyes pop, I look a right mess! I’ve noticed sucking on a polo helps xxxxx
Aww that sounds awful I hope you feel better soon! I will try polos, I just keep having anything ginger related ginger biscuits, beer, tea anything🤣

• Heart
How do you deal with the anxiety between scans!? We had our 12 week and then another scan on Saturday at 13+1 but all the reassurance from that seems to have gone. Was gonna try and make it through till 16 weeks but so anxious already.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Had my midwife appt this morning and baby is back to back 🫠 anyone know of any tips to try and help them move before labour??
Also got myself a referral to physio for my SPD and sciatica so hopefully I actually get an appt before baby comes haha 🤞so uncomfortable and in so much pain atm, really hope this baby doesn’t keep me waiting too long now!

• Heart
Had my midwife appt this morning and baby is back to back 🫠 anyone know of any tips to try and help them move before labour??
Also got myself a referral to physio for my SPD and sciatica so hopefully I actually get an appt before baby comes haha 🤞so uncomfortable and in so much pain atm, really hope this baby doesn’t keep me waiting too long now!
How far are you?
Spinning babies website is a good one 😊

How do you deal with the anxiety between scans!? We had our 12 week and then another scan on Saturday at 13+1 but all the reassurance from that seems to have gone. Was gonna try and make it through till 16 weeks but so anxious already.
I totally sympathise it’s a horrible wait 😰 I remember making myself ill with worry because my mindset was very much “this is too good to be true”. Distraction is the best remedy so you’re not constantly thinking about being pregnant, if you can, make sure you’re not leaving yourself alone too long thinking of all the things driving your anxiety. Trusting your body and the fact that you’ve had good news so far. If you’ve been avoiding buying a little thing like a baby grow I’d 100% recommend doing it, this massively overpowered my anxiety for me because I took back control. Try look after yourself, take your vitamins, eat/drink as healthy as you can (easier said than done I know but equally don’t worry if you can’t), try focus on the things within your control and not the things out with & most of all go easy on yourself 🥰 x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How can I get past this early first trimester anxiety?

I’m 5 weeks today (I think) and it doesn’t feel real at all. I’m still testing and my tests are dark, I’ve had a few symptoms (lots of CM, severe nausea, no bleeding etc) but it still doesn’t feel real. It took us a really long time to conceive and I’m so scared that I’m either going to have a miscarriage or something will be wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well I spent my first day of maternity leave finally finishing my bags, cleaning out two cupboards, cleaning the bathroom, eating a huge slice of cake and sleeping for 2 hours 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Made it all the way to 36+2 without an issue. Went for my growth scan today and his estimated weight is lower than it should be. 😞 Most of his measurements were spot on, my consultant assured me, just his weight is a concern. 15% (at the 32wk scan) down to 7%. She did assure me that there is room for error with the scans, so not to worry too much. Also my placenta is working above average, so it’s not affecting his oxygen levels, thank god! His heart was fine and he was measuring as he should when the midwife measured him with the tape this morning.
Got to go for another scan on the 17th. If he’s still not gaining at the rate he should, I’ll be induced.

Has anyone else had this before? Can’t help but wonder if it’s something I’m doing/I’ve done. I’m a chocolate picker and I have treated myself to a can or two of normal Pepsi Max from time to time but have generally tried to go caffeine free.

Really worried now. 😢

• Heart
How can I get past this early first trimester anxiety?

I’m 5 weeks today (I think) and it doesn’t feel real at all. I’m still testing and my tests are dark, I’ve had a few symptoms (lots of CM, severe nausea, no bleeding etc) but it still doesn’t feel real. It took us a really long time to conceive and I’m so scared that I’m either going to have a miscarriage or something will be wrong.
I don’t know what to suggest but I’m 4+6 today and feel the exact same as you. I’ve stopped testing now as I think the comparing of tests would feed into my anxiety. I’ve had 2mc before (1 of which was a mmc) so just trying to take each day as it comes. Yesterday was really a hard day filled with ‘what ifs’.. I said to my husband I wish someone could knock me out for the next couple of weeks until our scan so I don’t have to wait until then 😂😂 thinking of you and here to walking along side you every step of the way 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Completely agree, I have to do a second one in a few weeks not looking forward to it! Hope you've got some lunch by now!
I did thanks! The hospital made me tea and toast before I left which I wolfed down 😂 and then I had lunch at work too. My body is definitely making up for the lack of food today.

I drank about 3 litres of water before my blood tests so I think that helped with my veins, although I had to pee literally every 5 mins!

• Heart
I did thanks! The hospital made me tea and toast before I left which I wolfed down 😂 and then I had lunch at work too. My body is definitely making up for the lack of food today.

I drank about 3 litres of water before my blood tests so I think that helped with my veins, although I had to pee literally every 5 mins!
Tea and toast, amazing service! my SIL was at the same hospital as me when she was pregnant with her son and got chicken sandwiches after her GTT! (Not as nice as it sounds though she said it was just chicken and dry bread 😂) there was nothing for us when I went, just jugs of water!

I had tuna sandwiches with me so I legged it out of the clinic as soon as they said I was done because if it was me still waiting and hungry I would not have been happy about someone opening up tuna sandwiches!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.