Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Usernamecba

Baby girl arrived on Tuesday at 40+5 weeks! 💕
Birth plan went completely out the window and ended up with a emergency c section under general anaesthetic after baby's heart rate dropped dramatically, but so happy she's here safe & she's an absolute dream.
Any tips for a c section recovery, send them my way!

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Fraggles ‘R’ us

So baby Fraggle was born Saturday following an induction on Thursday - I’m so unbelievably in love, but was so not prepared for the tiredness! I’ve cried for the last two days on and off and just find myself gazing into the distance at times all in a bit of a blur ☺🙈

Hoping to get some sleep catch up eventually 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Neo2021

VIP Member
Hey,
Bit of a lengthy update from me/Baby Neo.

We had a fetalmed appointment on Tuesday to monitor the fluid on her brain, unfortunately the fluid has increased with no obvious sign of why so we have to have another MRI tomorrow and go from there. But why they were prodding me and poking me, they discovered that at 27w3d that my cervix has funnelled and I’m 4 cm dilated.
So I have been admitted to hospital and told there’s a very good chance she’ll be making an early arrival. The problem is that they don’t know how long my cervix is has been open so it’s literally just a waiting game. And I’m not allowed home while there’s unanswered questions.
We’re both being well looked after, I’m just very thankful I packed my hospital bag on a whim at the weekend! X

ETA - long phone charger, ear plugs and an eye mask have been absolute life savers. I feel like a new woman this morning because I’ve actually had some sleep!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I’m not sure if it’s a bit premature posting on here yet from the TTC thread but, I’ve had a positive test today (well, six, because I didn’t trust the first one…)

• Heart
Reactions: 31

WhatABore

VIP Member
I feel like the next thread title simple needs to be..

Pregnancy #41 - Whatever you do, don't Google!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

anonymous_flower

Came over here from the TTC thread after finding out I'm pregnant with my first baby this morning! I've not told anyone in real life except my partner, I almost feel sick with excitement :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Donz135

My baby is 4 weeks old now but wanted to pop on as this thread was a must when i was pregnant. Been reading and just want to give you all an update on what its like on the other side for those of you who are first time mums especially if you are struggling at the moment with your pregnancy symptoms. As i said 4 weeks postpartum and recovering from an emergency c section and i feel almost back to how i felt pre pregnancy. Heartburn has gone, sickness, backache ect, and those of you struggling to sleep in that last few weeks, i sleep better now with a newborn than i did when i was pregnant which surprised me. Wishing you all the best of luck with your births, and enjoy your newborn snuggles, its all worth it 😘😘

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Clickbait

VIP Member
I’m good, he arrived on Monday night and everything feels like a whirlwind of no sleep and hurdles since then. Thank you for asking. I’m going to take some time off from here until we establish a routine and my body feels a bit recovered. Good luck for your birth if I’m not back my darling ❤

To all the mums-to-be and the mums who hung around to share their advice - thank you all for your help and camaraderie x

• Heart
Reactions: 26

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Just got back from our 12 week scan. I am so so utterly relieved that for now all looks good. NT measuring 1.7mm-2mm. Everything else looking good, she even said heartbeat was locely and strong. They seemed so much more postive when we went through to the screening test room….. we now wait for NIPT results…. But I’m taking this as good news today!
I never ever thought we would get to this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Chrisxo

VIP Member
Hi ladies hope everyone is well that’s me moved into my new home finally and can start getting ready for baby 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 21

shadowofdoubt

Chatty Member
Doesn’t take much these days but I just feel really emotional having been on the thread since I was 6 weeks & now I’m 33, it’s been an absolute godsend and no matter how stupid my questions have been or how much I’ve ranted at 3am someone has always answered & been awake to offer advice. It’s been the biggest comfort blanket. Thank you xxx ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Hey everyone, thanks for all your wishes when I posted early this morning, had my scan and mini muffin is fine, everything on the scan was shown as normal which is a big relief :)

• Heart
Reactions: 20

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Is that your first time getting a NIPT? or had you a high risk result from a previous pregnancy?
our first pregnancy was affected by Edwards syndrome. Second pregnancy high NT and high risk on combined… we opted for CVS but lost the baby a few days after.

Iv booked a private scan for Saturday and everything feels to good to be true! Hoping I can have a bit of relief from this high anxiety then!

• Heart

squishfish

Long time lurker, thought I’d finally make an appearance. 20 weeks and found out we’re having a girl yesterday 😌. These threads have kept me sane so thank you all x

• Heart
Sorry you've a 35 year old??
Yes I had him when I was 16. I'm 51.

Had my 4 Yr old via IVF 23 yrs of trying with my husband.

Then went to doctors at 49 because I hadn't had a period for a few months and had horrendous bloating just thought it was the menopause. I was sent for a scan and the shocker was I was 12wks 3 days with twins. Had the twins 4 months after my 50th Birthday

It took alot of attempts of IVF for my 4 Yr old.

So I never imagined it would happen again at 51. But here we are.

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? X

I'm 51.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Scan went great today…. And we are gonna tell close friends and family today. This doesn’t feel real!

• Heart

Vivian124

VIP Member
My NIPT results came back all good. That wait was tough. But so relieved. Cried my eyes out. Dating scan next week and then it'll be real.

• Heart