Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Kitt my partner was getting on my nerves recently. I went out with a friend, had a bit of a rant on our walk (but explained he is absolutely lovely and trying his best), hes just pissing me off and felt a lot better after 😊

@CrimeJunkie what a horrible experience for you to go through. So happy you were able to have the private scan for reassurance and to have the experience you should have had. A 20 week scan is one that we all look forward to. Awful that the sonographer was so off with you both. There will be other women who won't be able tl book a private scan and will only have your first experience to go home with. Glad you complained.

@Chickenandgravy i dont know why, but i have a feeling im having a boy. I think i might be a 16 or 17 week scan (to find out) ans then see what is said at the 20 week scan like @Kitt. Ill keep you updated. Im so excited to find out 😁

Also, baby was clearly busy last night. I was ravenous at 5pm for food, had a big bowl of pasta at 6, then felt instantly knackered and went to bed at 8.30. Think i slept over 9 hours (according to my fitbit)!!

I slept with my the big bit of my pregnancy pillow last night and absolutely loved it. Supportive at the back and by the knees. 😊👍
I also think I’m having a boy no idea why but I just do? How many weeks are you I have lost the plot with who is on which week xx

I had my 20 week scan today and had the worst experience ever with the sonographer. So bad that I burst into tears as soon as we walked out and couldn't stop crying :cry: She was the most rude, unfriendly person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting!

- She had a go and me and my partner because he was waiting outside but not close enough to the doors so she had to wait about 20 seconds for him to walk in. She shared her annoyance about this to me and also in the room when my partner was there saying if she had to wait for everyone's partners to walk in she would be working until midnight!

- Told me off for not having a full bladder, like actually told me off!! Said she needed to spend too much time trying to look at the organs because the picture wasn't very clear and this was because I hadn't drank enough!? She was scanning me for 45 minutes and it started to hurt so much I had to ask her to stop.

- Mumbled under her breath the whole time (I think she was telling us what she was looking at, but who knows)

- Told me she could see the heart but couldn't get a good enough image to check if there were any holes and that we couldn't go back for another scan because they are at capacity! Also could only find one kidney and couldn't measure the stomach properly.

- She asked half way through if I had any questions about what was on the screen. I said no (close to tears at this point). I expected her at the end to ask if we wanted to know the gender but she didn't, so I asked. She huffed at me and said "I already asked if you had any questions and you said no", put the scanner back on my stomach and then said "I think it's a girl but if you buy anything make sure you keep the receipts". I know it's never 100% but wtf?!

My partner and I were gobsmacked! She ruined the whole experience and I came out feeling absolutely awful. Luckly we managed to book private scan for 2 hours later which was amazing and exactly how I had imagined it. They confirmed all is fine and managed to check everything the lady at the NHS couldn't. Plus we found out we're having a little girl!! ❤

Sorry for the massive rant and thanks if you've read this far, just needed to get it off my chest! Hope you're all okay x
God I'm so sorry to hear this but glad your private one went well and congrats! Definitely wise to complain, that's shocking behaviour and shoddy work.

I feel really lucky with my 20 week scan now reading some of these stories. She went through literally every organ in detail with us and because I went in with a really full bladder she was like, wow you must be v uncomfortable, go and pee before I carry on! When she was checking the spine there was one bit she couldn't see due to baby position so she sent me off for a walk to try and get baby to move and luckily she did move and the sonographer was able to capture everything. Think she ran late because of this but was so lovely and professional the whole time. I thought this was just normal standard of care but reading stories I can see that I was probably very lucky to have the experience I did.

I would expect every anomaly scan to be like this considering it's such an important medical appointment for you and baby, they can't just decide they don't want to look for a second kidney or examine the heart properly simply because baby was in a funny position, imagine if she'd missed something major that needed a life-altering decision. Totally unacceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would have wanted to slap him across the face. What an asshole. Were you asking for diet advice? No. Is he a midwife? No. duck off and do the scan like a professional. Dick!!
My partner was fuming!

It got to the point where this time, a guy called me in to the waiting room and he looked very similar and I panicked! I debated leaving and missing my scan because I was so worried it was him again!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I also think I’m having a boy no idea why but I just do? How many weeks are you I have lost the plot with who is on which week xx
Im 10+3 - due end of sept 😊 how about you?
I dont know why im feeling boy. I havent been sick and for some reason thats made me think boy.. Haha

Reactions: 1
Im 10+3 - due end of sept 😊 how about you?
I dont know why im feeling boy. I havent been sick and for some reason thats made me think boy.. Haha
I have been feeling very sick and nauseous and it still hasn’t passed I am 14 weeks on Friday. I am due on September 4th I don’t feel constantly sick like I did from weeks 7 - 12 but finding foods I want to eat or just eating in generally is hard turns my tummy ☹ I still think I’m having a boy though I just have a feeling. Your 12 week scan must be soon are you excited xxx

My partner was fuming!

It got to the point where this time, a guy called me in to the waiting room and he looked very similar and I panicked! I debated leaving and missing my scan because I was so worried it was him again!
So sorry to hear you had to go through that! It’s quite frightening to hear people like that manage to get away with behaving like that in role with such implications. 😞

I have been feeling very sick and nauseous and it still hasn’t passed I am 14 weeks on Friday. I am due on September 4th I don’t feel constantly sick like I did from weeks 7 - 12 but finding foods I want to eat or just eating in generally is hard turns my tummy ☹ I still think I’m having a boy though I just have a feeling. Your 12 week scan must be soon are you excited xxx
Blood tests are this Friday and im waiting to get a letter with a date for my 12 week scan. Very much excited. 😁

Anyone elses partners taking an interest in what you eat?😝

So far today i have eaten:

Brekkie- cereal with fruit and a decaf tea
Snacks- pear, kiwi, apple
Lunch- lettuce, cucumber, some over chips and an oven breaded chicken. Two drinks and a decaff tea. Tiny bit of chocolate.

Got judged for eating 'freezer food' 🙈🙊🙉

Having couscous for dinner. Gimme a break! Haha

Last edited:
Blood tests are this Friday and im waiting to get a letter with a date for my 12 week scan. Very much excited. 😁

Lunch- lettuce, cucumber, some over chips and an oven breaded chicken. Two drinks and a decaff tea. Tiny bit of chocolate.

You're doing well! He'd be shocked at my current diet 🤣
Im 11+1. So far today I've managed a crumpet, a nice biscuit and a slice of toast.
Yesterday I had a crumpet, a McDonald's cheeseburger and a slice of toast.
Crumpets and toast are my daily staples and not much else stays down. When I do fancy something it's usually a cheeseburger 😂
About 4 days ago I was having a particularly good day and I had 4 strawberries! Vision of health over here 🙈

Reactions: 7

You’ve eaten a lot better than me today 😂 Iv had porridge with sliced banana and honey on top, baked potato with cheese, beans and salad and 2 white chocolate cookies from Tesco bakery, I cannot go a day without eating something like chocolate/cake/sweets and I eat frozen chips all the time. I usually buy the Aldi slim well or Asda reduced fat frozen chips but sometimes I just want a plate of curly fries and chicken nuggets 😂 don’t let anyone make you feel bad about what you eat, sounds like you are pretty healthy to me 😊

Haha i am and was before i got pregnant. I have shamed him with your responses 😁 and also suggested if he ain't happy with what im eating, he could perhaps be organised and cook some healthy dinners for us this week..

Otherwise my body, my choice pal 😜 hahaha

@Nursty how are you feeling generally? If youre not feeling well, sounds like youre doing great to be managing any food👍

@StrawberryCream you sound healthy too lovely. I would love a jacket potato!! Might have a really cheesy, buttery one sometime this week (with tuna and salad) .. Nom!! So good!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anyone else feeling like a zombie?
I'm soooo tired and can't focus at all 😩
Other than that no real issues yet, so I'm counting my blessings!

Also very excited, as I have my first scan in 3 weeks (and a day) ❤ I'm from Belgium and the scan is with my gynaegologist, so I guess it'd be considered a private scan in the UK? I'm not sure.

Told my manager and closest colleagues yesterday (the also knew about my struggles with PCOS and are so supportive), they were all so nice and happy 🥰 I'l be 6 weeks this Thursday, so it's still very early, but it just felt right to keep them in the loop.

Reactions: 8
Haha i am and was before i got pregnant. I have shamed him with your responses 😁 and also suggested if he ain't happy with what im eating, he could perhaps be organised and cook some healthy dinners for us this week..

Otherwise my body, my choice pal 😜 hahaha
hahaha this really made me laugh - quite right!! Your diet sounds great tbh.

My husband is the bad food influence in our relationship so he cannot lecture me on anything (though I do 90% of the cooking and have successfully turned him ‘mostly’ veggie). That said, I’ve just had spaghetti hoops and grated Parmesan on toast for lunch 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
If anyone’s partner is questioning their eating habits then this should make you feel better.

After months of sickness and massive weight loss, I’m now feeling a lot better.

So far today in between cereal and a sandwich, I’ve eaten a family sized bag of salt and vinegar quavers and accidentally eaten 3 kitkats 😆🤦‍♀️

My consultant is monitoring my weight after losing 2.5 stone in the first trimester. Don’t think he’s going to be so concerned when I see him next month. He’ll probably wonder how or earth I could have regained it so quickly!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
hahaha this really made me laugh - quite right!! Your diet sounds great tbh.

My husband is the bad food influence in our relationship so he cannot lecture me on anything (though I do 90% of the cooking and have successfully turned him ‘mostly’ veggie). That said, I’ve just had spaghetti hoops and grated Parmesan on toast for lunch 🤷‍♀️

My fella enjoys take aways, the odd kebabs, crsios as a snack pre dinner, a few drinks in the evening - hes hardly a shiny beacon of health, but because im preggo, he pulls a face if i make any meals from freezer food haha. To be fair, he pulled a face at freezer food before i was preggo too.. Dude aint a fan of freezer food, although i think its amazing when you need food quick and don't want to cook!

My fella enjoys take aways, the odd kebabs, crsios as a snack pre dinner, a few drinks in the evening - hes hardly a shiny beacon of health, but because im preggo, he pulls a face if i make any meals from freezer food haha. To be fair, he pulled a face at freezer food before i was preggo too.. Dude aint a fan of freezer food, although i think its amazing when you need food quick and don't want to cook!
No judgement, I bloody love a freezer (or tinned) meal! Especially now almost every. single. meal. is cooked at home it’s nice to have a bit of a break from washing up 5 pans!

My husband has also just started reading the ‘Pregancy for Men’ book and is keeping me informed of me all his revelations, it’s been quite funny. Like OMG we need to wash all the vegetables because of toxoplasmosis. Here’s a pregnancy yoga class you can go to! 😂 it’s actually so nice that he’s getting involved but it’s made me laugh (as most of them are fairly obvious things most women already know!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Christ these headaches are becoming a regular occurance so annoying! My MIL is having my son over for a sleepover on Saturday (childcare bubble) he's only stayed over twice before he's 16 months now but I am so excited for a lie in and a takeaway 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Christ these headaches are becoming a regular occurance so annoying! My MIL is having my son over for a sleepover on Saturday (childcare bubble) he's only stayed over twice before he's 16 months now but I am so excited for a lie in and a takeaway 😂😂
I keep getting headaches as well so bad yesterday I had to go sleep really early and I couldn’t focus on work at all. I really hate it so I have given in a taken paracetamol because it was so bad and enjoy your takeaway sounds lovely what are you going to have I quote fancy a curry but my other half is not into them.
Anyone else feeling like a zombie?
I'm soooo tired and can't focus at all 😩
Other than that no real issues yet, so I'm counting my blessings!

Also very excited, as I have my first scan in 3 weeks (and a day) ❤ I'm from Belgium and the scan is with my gynaegologist, so I guess it'd be considered a private scan in the UK? I'm not sure.

Told my manager and closest colleagues yesterday (the also knew about my struggles with PCOS and are so supportive), they were all so nice and happy 🥰 I'l be 6 weeks this Thursday, so it's still very early, but it just felt right to keep them in the loop.
Congratulations and yes possibly like a private scan as we don’t usually get one until around 12 weeks here. I have PCOS and probably endometriosis cycles are all over the shop and the pain was intense. However I am now 13 weeks and 4 days I still can’t believe it if I’m honest! I hope your scan goes well x I am also still tired 💤
@PineappleTopper & @orange club biscuit my partner never comments on my food unless it is to tell me how he doesn’t like the smell but he’s done that since we got together if I eat something with onion in or Parmesan. Today I have eaten nesquick cereal, one round of toast with lurpack, small mini cheddar bbq flavour and mr Kipling angel cake. However at night I start feeling sick again and struggle to eat so I don’t feel bad about the rubbish I consume xx

If anyone's had to get referred for a growth scan, how soon is the appointment? I had my 31w appointment today and being referred for a scan, midwife said she'd text me the details but not heard anything yet and my appointment was first thing this morning. Just worried in case it's super last minute and I need to go in the morning or something 🤔

I was due to have my first midwife appointment (booking appointment?) over the phone tomorrow afternoon, just got a text to say it’s been cancelled and rearranged for Saturday at 6.30pm! Not the end of the world but I’ve been told it’ll take around an hour and a half, so it’s bang in the middle of dinner time/Saturday night chilling out on the sofa time 😂

Reactions: 3
I was due to have my first midwife appointment (booking appointment?) over the phone tomorrow afternoon, just got a text to say it’s been cancelled and rearranged for Saturday at 6.30pm! Not the end of the world but I’ve been told it’ll take around an hour and a half, so it’s bang in the middle of dinner time/Saturday night chilling out on the sofa time 😂
Am sure someone else on here had theirs on a Sunday night! V strange time but at least they’re getting you booked in 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.