Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help me. Everything my husband is doing is especially annoying to me today. I feel like suuuuch a witch hahaha
I tell my other half to F off often and tell him he is annoying don’t feel like a witch our partners are just irritating sometimes 😬🙄 jokes aside I am very hormonal and keep crying at nothing I saw a sleep suit in the super market yesterday got tears in my eyes 🤣

Reactions: 4
I had my 20 week scan today and had the worst experience ever with the sonographer. So bad that I burst into tears as soon as we walked out and couldn't stop crying :cry: She was the most rude, unfriendly person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting!

- She had a go and me and my partner because he was waiting outside but not close enough to the doors so she had to wait about 20 seconds for him to walk in. She shared her annoyance about this to me and also in the room when my partner was there saying if she had to wait for everyone's partners to walk in she would be working until midnight!

- Told me off for not having a full bladder, like actually told me off!! Said she needed to spend too much time trying to look at the organs because the picture wasn't very clear and this was because I hadn't drank enough!? She was scanning me for 45 minutes and it started to hurt so much I had to ask her to stop.

- Mumbled under her breath the whole time (I think she was telling us what she was looking at, but who knows)

- Told me she could see the heart but couldn't get a good enough image to check if there were any holes and that we couldn't go back for another scan because they are at capacity! Also could only find one kidney and couldn't measure the stomach properly.

- She asked half way through if I had any questions about what was on the screen. I said no (close to tears at this point). I expected her at the end to ask if we wanted to know the gender but she didn't, so I asked. She huffed at me and said "I already asked if you had any questions and you said no", put the scanner back on my stomach and then said "I think it's a girl but if you buy anything make sure you keep the receipts". I know it's never 100% but wtf?!

My partner and I were gobsmacked! She ruined the whole experience and I came out feeling absolutely awful. Luckly we managed to book private scan for 2 hours later which was amazing and exactly how I had imagined it. They confirmed all is fine and managed to check everything the lady at the NHS couldn't. Plus we found out we're having a little girl!! ❤

Sorry for the massive rant and thanks if you've read this far, just needed to get it off my chest! Hope you're all okay x

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I had my 20 week scan today and had the worst experience ever with the sonographer. So bad that I burst into tears as soon as we walked out and couldn't stop crying :cry: She was the most rude, unfriendly person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting!

- She had a go and me and my partner because he was waiting outside but not close enough to the doors so she had to wait about 20 seconds for him to walk in. She shared her annoyance about this to me and also in the room when my partner was there saying if she had to wait for everyone's partners to walk in she would be working until midnight!

- Told me off for not having a full bladder, like actually told me off!! Said she needed to spend too much time trying to look at the organs because the picture wasn't very clear and this was because I hadn't drank enough!? She was scanning me for 45 minutes and it started to hurt so much I had to ask her to stop.

- Mumbled under her breath the whole time (I think she was telling us what she was looking at, but who knows)

- Told me she could see the heart but couldn't get a good enough image to check if there were any holes and that we couldn't go back for another scan because they are at capacity! Also could only find one kidney and couldn't measure the stomach properly.

- She asked half way through if I had any questions about what was on the screen. I said no (close to tears at this point). I expected her at the end to ask if we wanted to know the gender but she didn't, so I asked. She huffed at me and said "I already asked if you had any questions and you said no", put the scanner back on my stomach and then said "I think it's a girl but if you buy anything make sure you keep the receipts". I know it's never 100% but wtf?!

My partner and I were gobsmacked! She ruined the whole experience and I came out feeling absolutely awful. Luckly we managed to book private scan for 2 hours later which was amazing and exactly how I had imagined it. They confirmed all is fine and managed to check everything the lady at the NHS couldn't. Plus we found out we're having a little girl!! ❤

Sorry for the massive rant and thanks if you've read this far, just needed to get it off my chest! Hope you're all okay x
Congratulations on everything being good and wow on having a girl how wonderful! Don’t let her put a downer on things the man I had for my 12 week scan recently was so bleeping moody too. He said do you have any questions so I asked him something and he said I’m only a sonographer I was in there maybe 5 minutes. It is horrible when they mean to you and you just be a lovely person because my partner would have probably lost it and gone and demanded it to be re scheduled. She sounds like a mean person some people I really don’t get x

• Sad

That sounds absolutely awful! If just one or two of those things had happened I would maybe think she could have been having a bad day but the fact that she completely ruined it for you is terrible.

So glad you managed to get a private scan though and that it was the experience you wanted! Bad that you had to pay for that out of your own pocket because of her crap attitude though ☹

Congratulations on everything being good and wow on having a girl how wonderful! Don’t let her put a downer on things the man I had for my 12 week scan recently was so bleeping moody too. He said do you have any questions so I asked him something and he said I’m only a sonographer I was in there maybe 5 minutes. It is horrible when they mean to you and you just be a lovely person because my partner would have probably lost it and gone and demanded it to be re scheduled. She sounds like a mean person some people I really don’t get x
Thank you! I'm so happy we managed to get the private scan. I left there feeling as happy as I expected to leave the first one :) My partner wanted to say something but didn't because he didn't want to make it worse. He's not usually one to bite his tongue so I was very surprised! Sounds like the sonographers we met are in the wrong job :mad:

That sounds absolutely awful! If just one or two of those things had happened I would maybe think she could have been having a bad day but the fact that she completely ruined it for you is terrible.

So glad you managed to get a private scan though and that it was the experience you wanted! Bad that you had to pay for that out of your own pocket because of her crap attitude though ☹
Yeah definitely, had it just been the little rant at the beginning I would have been ok but wow the whole experience was terrible! My sister in law is a midwife at the same hospital and knew straight away who it was so she must be notorious for it. We put in a complaint and they've emailed back to say a member of management will investigate. Feel so sad that it could happen to other people who are just as excited as I was this morning!

Reactions: 7

Congratulations on your little girl!

I am sorry to hear your nhs scan was so terrible. You should look in to complaints procedure for that. Her attitude etc obviously awful, but I would say more importantly the fact she implied there could be medical issues (missing kidney for example) and failed to offer a follow up scan, or explain how this would be dealt with moving forward.

Edited: 🙄🙄 just saw your have already complained, sorry!

Reactions: 6

That’s awful. Like you I would have complained. Surely ensuring there are two kidneys is a pretty essential part of an anomaly scan!!! Her attitude stinks. Also the thing about the full bladder - I was told for my 20 week scan I didn’t need one - uterus has risen well out of the pelvis by then so makes no sense why she would need you to have a full bladder?

Reactions: 2

This is absolutely dreadful!
My little boy has kidney issues that were missed at our 20 week scan so I've already made a big deal about what I expect from our scans this time around. She can't just be like "oh I can only see one" wtf?!
So sorry you had to go through that and that she ruined what should have been a special moment. I'm glad you've complained.
Congratulations on your little girl!

• Heart
That’s awful. Like you I would have complained. Surely ensuring there are two kidneys is a pretty essential part of an anomaly scan!!! Her attitude stinks. Also the thing about the full bladder - I was told for my 20 week scan I didn’t need one - uterus has risen well out of the pelvis by then so makes no sense why she would need you to have a full bladder?
I know! I was also told at my 12 week scan I didn't need a full bladder which I said to her and she just huffed at me. If she had said she couldn't get the images because the baby was in an awkward position then fair enough, but she tried to blame me instead 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Ahh @CrimeJunkie that sounds awful. So sorry you had to deal with that, glad you've complained cause that’s not on at all. But congratulations on your healthy little girl!!

Lots of people finding out they’re having baby girls in this thread recently!

Reactions: 1
Ahh @CrimeJunkie that sounds awful. So sorry you had to deal with that, glad you've complained cause that’s not on at all. But congratulations on your healthy little girl!!

Lots of people finding out they’re having baby girls in this thread recently!
I've got this feeling that after being told its a girl I'm going to get told at my 20 week scan it's a boy 🤣

Reactions: 3
I've got this feeling that after being told its a girl I'm going to get told at my 20 week scan it's a boy 🤣
Yes me too! That’s why I’ve got a private one booked for 17 weeks and I’m not going to say I know at the 20 week scan to check that they agree. I’m convinced it’s all gonna go wrong haha

@Kitt my partner was getting on my nerves recently. I went out with a friend, had a bit of a rant on our walk (but explained he is absolutely lovely and trying his best), hes just pissing me off and felt a lot better after 😊

@CrimeJunkie what a horrible experience for you to go through. So happy you were able to have the private scan for reassurance and to have the experience you should have had. A 20 week scan is one that we all look forward to. Awful that the sonographer was so off with you both. There will be other women who won't be able tl book a private scan and will only have your first experience to go home with. Glad you complained.

@Chickenandgravy i dont know why, but i have a feeling im having a boy. I think i might be a 16 or 17 week scan (to find out) ans then see what is said at the 20 week scan like @Kitt. Ill keep you updated. Im so excited to find out 😁

Also, baby was clearly busy last night. I was ravenous at 5pm for food, had a big bowl of pasta at 6, then felt instantly knackered and went to bed at 8.30. Think i slept over 9 hours (according to my fitbit)!!

I slept with my the big bit of my pregnancy pillow last night and absolutely loved it. Supportive at the back and by the knees. 😊👍

depends how big your boobs are I suppose but for anyone that is on the smaller scale.... I was a B/C cup before getting pregnant and I’ve not gone huge, I’m quite small framed but I’ve been wearing these bras from ASOS. They are really comfy

in terms of clothes, I’m living in mainly loungewear cause I’m not working but on the rare occasion I venture out I’m just wearing stretchy fitted dresses. I HATE jeans with a passion. I was a size 8 before getting pregnant and I bought a few pairs in a size 10 maternity and they are so uncomfortable on my bump, biggest waste of money ever lol.
Ooh quite like the look of this, thanks! I am also small and find most unadjustable bras are too long in the straps. I used to love those crop top style ones but I can no longer get the really tight ones on any more - realised the other day that I got one of them when I was at sixth form (I’m 31 🤣)

Yeah the ASOS maternity jeans all had awful reviews saying they weren’t stretchy which is surely the whole point?!

• Haha

I would most defiantly put in a complaint, this is completely unacceptable behaviour. I am actually shocked, if there was an issue with your bladder not being full enough she could of sent you to drink something and called the next patient in. She has not followed any of the procedures she should of and she shouldn't of let you leave that room until she had every picture and measurement she needed.

If you feel up to it I would definitely contact your local PALS department, or mention it to your midwife as you need that scan not just for your piece of mind but for the health and wellbeing of your precious little baby.

I'm so sorry this happened to you :( x

Ah just read you managed to get a private scan! so glad everything is fine!

Reactions: 5

So sorry you had this experience!
I've never been told I needed a full bladder for a 20 week scan for a start!
She sounds horrible! I'd definitely make a complaint!

My 20 week scan with my second was horrible! The guy was awful and I came out crying.
This time I dreaded my 20 week scan incase I got the same guy!
As soon as I got in there, before even on the bed, he said "Wow, this looks an unhealthy pregnancy. You should be losing weight"
For a start I'd already lost 7 stone before falling pregnant and wasnt far off a size 14, so not huge.
He kept saying how it will difficult to see anything and probably won't be able to get a photo for us because it won't be clear at all.
He pushed so hard throughout it that my whole stomach was bruised.
He got all his measurements first time and saw everything he needed to yet when he was done, I asked if he could tell the gender and he said "Oh, I didn't even bother looking because I doubt I'll be able to see with your weight"

I regret not putting in a complaint now! And it really messed with my head! Even now 3 and a half years later!
I'd certainly put in a complaint! ❤

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

My 20 week scan with my second was horrible! The guy was awful and I came out crying.
As soon as I got in there, before even on the bed, he said "Wow, this looks an unhealthy pregnancy. You should be losing weight"
For a start I'd already lost 7 stone before falling pregnant and wasnt far off a size 14, so not huge.
He kept saying how it will difficult to see anything and probably won't be able to get a photo for us because it won't be clear at all.
He got all his measurements first time and saw everything he needed to yet when he was done, I asked if he could tell the gender and he said "Oh, I didn't even bother looking because I doubt I'll be able to see with your weight"

I regret not putting in a complaint now! And it really messed with my head! Even now 3 and a half years later!
Oh my god!! That’s disgraceful

Wow that's shocking!! He sounds like a horrible peice of work

That is absolutely awful 😞 no one should have to endure that what a vile person xx

I would have wanted to slap him across the face. What an asshole. Were you asking for diet advice? No. Is he a midwife? No. duck off and do the scan like a professional. Dick!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.