Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I am bloody exhausted today, I could actually go to bed right now. 😔 where is this second trimester energy at?
Have you guys bought any new clothes or baby stuff yet? I just spent £100 on new bras as I could barely breathe in the one I was wearing yesterday!
I gave up bras after Christmas when we went back in to lockdown. I find wearing them really makes my back sore now, probably because they are too tight 🙈

@Lulu Goss I have only ever had nursing bras and vests from H&M and they are great 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ooh I might have a look at those. I don’t have enough of a bump yet for maternity jeans but my usual jeans are starting to get a bit tight!

I’ve seen some lovely baby clothes on H&M too, really reasonably priced
Ive seen some cute ones on m and s (harry potter themed) and in asda (winnie the pooh). I was walking around asda with my friend and pointing out how cute they are. Turns out im into really in to winnie the pooh😁. Would love to have some nice etsy pictures and prints up in babys room 😊

Reactions: 2
I know, it’s an expensive risk! I literally have one left which is slightly comfortable so I’ve ordered the same style in a band size up and another one in a band/cup size up and will just return what doesn’t work. I hate underwired and padded bras, wish I could just wear the cheap M&S bralettes but they aren’t supportive enough. I also measured myself using the boob or bust calculator which has an option to include if you’re pregnant and it’ll advise you on sizing!

I think just going to try get away with wearing leggings and baggy t shirts and jumpers for as long as possible, I’m not going anywhere haha. Very glad I don’t need to buy a new work wardrobe or anything like that! I did go to Bravissimo for the bras though as cba with stupid M&S sizing and I know they fit. They’re so expensive though! We’ve looked at ‘travel systems’ and vaguely know what we want, but I don’t feel ready to buy anything yet - maybe after 20 weeks? Anything we do buy will just end up surrounding me in my ‘home office’ so going to try avoid existing in a sea of boxes for as long as I can! Have you chosen a pram yet or any idea what you want?
I really like the egg2 and also the cybex Priam have also seen this really nice one In the spring blossom colour my partner won’t get one until he knows if we have a boy or a girl because he wants to buy a carrier that matches 🙄 I won’t buy one for a while though just because im Superstitious. Have you seen any you like? X

Good tip on H&M! Have just had a scan of their website and they look like they have some nice maternity clothes too. I also looked at ASOS earlier but found all the models and poses a bit weird, like they’re all normal models wearing fake bumps, it’s slightly off putting!

Reactions: 4
God I am so TIRED.
37+3 today.
Still have lots of catching up of work to do, just typing up stuff into my online portfolio but I have no motivation at all.
Don't know how people keep working to 38-40 weeks, all I am doing is rattling around the house each day and going for a walk around the block and I'm shattered.
Fell asleep today on the sofa and missed the Tesco delivery man, didn't wake up when he rang me and thankfully he agreed to come back!! I pulled the pregnant card I am ashamed to say lol

• Heart
Reactions: 9
God I am so TIRED.
37+3 today.
Still have lots of catching up of work to do, just typing up stuff into my online portfolio but I have no motivation at all.
Don't know how people keep working to 38-40 weeks, all I am doing is rattling around the house each day and going for a walk around the block and I'm shattered.
Fell asleep today on the sofa and missed the Tesco delivery man, didn't wake up when he rang me and thankfully he agreed to come back!! I pulled the pregnant card I am ashamed to say lol
Don’t be ashamed - I missed my Tesco man last week when I was home, and awake 🙈! He also very kindly came back and he said it happens all the time. I kept apologising and he was very much saying “it’s no big deal.”

Reactions: 3
Good tip on H&M! Have just had a scan of their website and they look like they have some nice maternity clothes too. I also looked at ASOS earlier but found all the models and poses a bit weird, like they’re all normal models wearing fake bumps, it’s slightly off putting!
The jersey maternity tops from H&M are a really nice material and still look in good condition for a second outing. Dorothy Perkins maternity leggings are pretty good too. Asda have some nice tops and pretty cheap. Never did find jeans that stayed up 😝

Reactions: 1
Yes I am bloody exhausted today, I could actually go to bed right now. 😔 where is this second trimester energy at?
Have you guys bought any new clothes or baby stuff yet? I just spent £100 on new bras as I could barely breathe in the one I was wearing yesterday!
Yeah I bought leggings but need to get maternity jeans. My loosest jeans are just a tad too tight today. Also spent £100 on bras the other day, hopefully they fit, my boobs are very very big anyway and they’ve got bigger 🙄 so expensive to keep getting bras. Not bought any baby stuff yet, we’re moving in March so will start looking once we’re in the new house 🤞🏻

Don’t be ashamed - I missed my Tesco man last week when I was home, and awake 🙈! He also very kindly came back and he said it happens all the time. I kept apologising and he was very much saying “it’s no big deal.”
That makes me feel better! Was envisaging having to eat porridge for tea as the fridge was empty lol

• Haha
Is anyone else suffering with gums?! Mine are so swollen and so sore. Booked in the dentist for Thursday but I hate them and am worried 😟 there's no pain so they weren't concerned, it's just how swollen they are! Ouch!

Also saw this on twitter. Not sure if its handy for anyone on this thread xx

Attachments

Is anyone else suffering with gums?! Mine are so swollen and so sore. Booked in the dentist for Thursday but I hate them and am worried 😟 there's no pain so they weren't concerned, it's just how swollen they are! Ouch!

Also saw this on twitter. Not sure if its handy for anyone on this thread xx
I think it’s quite common to suffer with gum issues in pregnancy, and while breastfeeding. I suffer a lot with bleeding gums, exacerbated by pregnancies and bf. I now use a water flosser twice a day and it has really helped. I just couldn’t get on with normal floss, which is what Was recommended.

Bra wise I haven't bought any new yet but for a whole year I've been living in crop top style sports bras, so racer back style with no underwire but the band under the boobs is thick so it doesn't dig in. They don't tend to do cup sizes but S M L. So comfy! My boobs haven't grown massively yet (they're very veiny though 😳) but when they do I think I will just buy the same style and size up.

Have heard loads of good things about h&m nursing bras too so will look into that when time comes!

Reactions: 3
I think it’s quite common to suffer with gum issues in pregnancy, and while breastfeeding. I suffer a lot with bleeding gums, exacerbated by pregnancies and bf. I now use a water flosser twice a day and it has really helped. I just couldn’t get on with normal floss, which is what Was recommended.
I'll have to look for a water flosser. I've always dipped floss in corsodyl and flossed that way but i feel it's just making them angry where it used to work. Thank you

I'll have to look for a water flosser. I've always dipped floss in corsodyl and flossed that way but i feel it's just making them angry where it used to work. Thank you
They have some on Amazon which are actually quite good or the Philips one is good. I’ve never done that with the floss sounds interesting I might give it a go x

depends how big your boobs are I suppose but for anyone that is on the smaller scale.... I was a B/C cup before getting pregnant and I’ve not gone huge, I’m quite small framed but I’ve been wearing these bras from ASOS. They are really comfy.
6E419194-CA32-4965-8E7D-397B535DE9C3.jpeg

in terms of clothes, I’m living in mainly loungewear cause I’m not working but on the rare occasion I venture out I’m just wearing stretchy fitted dresses. I HATE jeans with a passion. I was a size 8 before getting pregnant and I bought a few pairs in a size 10 maternity and they are so uncomfortable on my bump, biggest waste of money ever lol.

Anyone else close to maternity leave and wish they’d finished work sooner?!

First baby, I was very cocky that I’d be able to work up to 40 weeks (I’m working from home so it’s not physically taxing)

due to some pregnancy complications baby will now be coming from 37-39 weeks so I opted to start Mat leave at 37 weeks.

I’m 35 weeks now and I’m knackered! I wish I had finished earlier. It’s the mental stuff more than anything - mentally juggling work and work handover with baby stuff. And I’m shattered. Think it doesn’t help that I’ve mentally already checked out of my work because I’m having a year off woooo.

this!! I was planning on working until 38/39 weeks but had to stop at 26 cause of being furloughed... best thing ever! I genuinely take my hate off to women working late on in their pregnancy. I’m struggling and on week 36 😫

Reactions: 4
depends how big your boobs are I suppose but for anyone that is on the smaller scale.... I was a B/C cup before getting pregnant and I’ve not gone huge, I’m quite small framed but I’ve been wearing these bras from ASOS. They are really comfy.
View attachment 462064

in terms of clothes, I’m living in mainly loungewear cause I’m not working but on the rare occasion I venture out I’m just wearing stretchy fitted dresses. I HATE jeans with a passion. I was a size 8 before getting pregnant and I bought a few pairs in a size 10 maternity and they are so uncomfortable on my bump, biggest waste of money ever lol.
These are exactly the same bras I am
Buying I am a 34e/f and I buy xL in the brand I wear and they are supportive enough for me but I am mainly working at home and not doing much exercise due to my pelvic pain so I might have a look on ASOS see if there are any more robust ones for when we can all eventually get out of the house xx

The water flosser I have has different settings so I started out on the low, and now use high. I just couldn’t get on with normal floss, felt like I was scraping my gums and hurting them even more, whereas this feels better, and is easier to use. And I have seen some improvement with general gum health since I’ve been religious in using it. I’m sure your dentist will have lots of good advice for you.

The water flosser I have has different settings so I started out on the low, and now use high. I just couldn’t get on with normal floss, felt like I was scraping my gums and hurting them even more, whereas this feels better, and is easier to use. And I have seen some improvement with general gum health since I’ve been religious in using it. I’m sure your dentist will have lots of good advice for you.
Thank you! I'll ask on Thursday. I can imagine its more gentle than me feeling like I'm going at them with a chainsaw!

• Haha
These are exactly the same bras I am
Buying I am a 34e/f and I buy xL in the brand I wear and they are supportive enough for me but I am mainly working at home and not doing much exercise due to my pelvic pain so I might have a look on ASOS see if there are any more robust ones for when we can all eventually get out of the house xx
Oh that’s good! Yeah I’ve got quite bad pgp so definitely no exercise... not that I was doing anyway 😆 I sorted out my drawers the other day looking at all my pretty lacy bras and thought hmmmm will I ever wear you again? Haha

• Haha
Help me. Everything my husband is doing is especially annoying to me today. I feel like suuuuch a witch hahaha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.