Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has been making me laugh, keeps coming out with random things he’s read online. Today he came over while I was working and said “I’m worried about when you give birth you know” - I was like me too hun I’m the one who’s got to push a baby out!

I don’t know why but this has absolutely tickled me he will be telling you to stop using your phone next 🤪 @Lulu Goss
He did question whether I should have my phone laying on my stomach when I’d put it down for 0.3 seconds the other day!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He has been making me laugh, keeps coming out with random things he’s read online. Today he came over while I was working and said “I’m worried about when you give birth you know” - I was like me too hun I’m the one who’s got to push a baby out!

He did question whether I should have my phone laying on my stomach when I’d put it down for 0.3 seconds the other day!
My partner literally doesn’t ask me any of these things because he knows I would go crazy and tell him to mind his own bees wax 🤪 he is very nice to me but also he loves to wind me up it’s a game he’s been playing for years and still knows how to wind me up in 1 second. Your partner sounds funny if he says anything else funny you should let us know really tickled me about the microwave x

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My partner literally doesn’t ask me any of these things because he knows I would go crazy and tell him to mind his own bees wax 🤪 he is very nice to me but also he loves to wind me up it’s a game he’s been playing for years and still knows how to wind me up in 1 second. Your partner sounds funny if he says anything else funny you should let us know really tickled me about the microwave x
We're definitely going to need to know more of what he says @Lulu Goss 😂 I second the microwave comment it made me chuckle but it was too sweet 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
All this bottle and sterilising talk is making me feel like I know nothing! I'm planning on exclusively breastfeeding to start with although I know this may not always go to plan. Also thinking about pumps but that's another minefield as well, no idea what will work out best. I like the sound of the mam bottles that sterilise in the microwave though, very handy.

I thought after my 20 week scan last week I'd be shopping like mad but I just don't know where to really start! Definitely not buying pram or car seat until shops open so I can try them out. I guess starting with other biggish things like bedside crib, carriers etc may be the way forward? Any other tips on getting started?

All this bottle and sterilising talk is making me feel like I know nothing! I'm planning on exclusively breastfeeding to start with although I know this may not always go to plan. Also thinking about pumps but that's another minefield as well, no idea what will work out best. I like the sound of the mam bottles that sterilise in the microwave though, very handy.

I thought after my 20 week scan last week I'd be shopping like mad but I just don't know where to really start! Definitely not buying pram or car seat until shops open so I can try them out. I guess starting with other biggish things like bedside crib, carriers etc may be the way forward? Any other tips on getting started?
Make a wee list of what you need, and what you can buy online without seeing it. Think about a typical day from morning onwards and what you will need for baby, add it to your lists and work onwards.

If you are planing to breastfeed I wouldn’t worry about buying bottles, pump etc yet.Instead read lots of info about breastfeeding, and where to look for support if things aren’t going well.

Reactions: 3
Kellymom is a good website for BF. Worth researching local support like FB/coffee morning groups (if and when those start again), local breastfeeding counsellors/IBCLCs if you might need them. And everyone has recommended good nipple cream and use it at every feed!

I’m not planning to breastfeed, but am I right in thinking that even if you don’t they advise you to do the first feed by breast rather than formula because of the nutrients etc?

I’m not planning to breastfeed, but am I right in thinking that even if you don’t they advise you to do the first feed by breast rather than formula because of the nutrients etc?
If you want to, but yes the first feed with colostrum is packed with antibodies so is massively beneficial even if you don’t intend to BF permanently

Reactions: 1
If you want to, but yes the first feed with colostrum is packed with antibodies so is massively beneficial even if you don’t intend to BF permanently
That’s it, I couldn’t remember the name of it. I think I’d like to do that if I can.

Is it possible to express colostrum and feed it by bottle? I really don’t want to breastfeed at all but I know the colostrums important.

Reactions: 4
Is it possible to express colostrum and feed it by bottle? I really don’t want to breastfeed at all but I know the colostrums important.
It would be by syringe rather than bottle, as the amounts of colostrum are so tiny. You can express it before birth and freeze it and take it with you to the hospital, or after birth.

Kellymom is a good website for BF. Worth researching local support like FB/coffee morning groups (if and when those start again), local breastfeeding counsellors/IBCLCs if you might need them. And everyone has recommended good nipple cream and use it at every feed!
With nipple creams some can actually make nipples very slippery (like lansinoh) which means baby can have a hard time latching.

I've never had them advise this.
They've always asked if I'm going to breastfeed or bottle feed and shortly after they're born, they've brought in a bottle

Honestly this thread is a life saver!! Learning so much as a soon to be first time mum ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Gahhh is it bad that I’m already getting impatient at 37+5 cos there are now 2 babies born in my NCT group 😂 pretty good chances I’ll be last as well as the two ladies due after me may be having CS/induction. So irrational and selfish but really want the baby to be here now!

• Heart
Gahhh is it bad that I’m already getting impatient at 37+5 cos there are now 2 babies born in my NCT group 😂 pretty good chances I’ll be last as well as the two ladies due after me may be having CS/induction. So irrational and selfish but really want the baby to be here now!
How have you found nct during this pregnancy? Did you meet anyone face to face or over zoom? I havent decided if i will go ahead with nct or not yet.
Im not 100% sure what nct offers really. I looked up classes in my local area and saw they were booking 3 classes at £200. Doesnt seem quite what i was expecting? I thought it might be a few more weeks..?

All- What have your experiences been?

That’s what I’d like to do too. What DefinitelyMe said about expressing and using a syringe is what I’m going to mention to my midwife

How have you found nct during this pregnancy? Did you meet anyone face to face or over zoom? I havent decided if i will go ahead with nct or not yet.
Im not 100% sure what nct offers really. I looked up classes in my local area and saw they were booking 3 classes at £200. Doesnt seem quite what i was expecting? I thought it might be a few more weeks..?

All- What have your experiences been?
We did the signature course which was 7 sessions (4 evenings plus 3 back to back sessions all day Saturday). £205. It was all done over zoom and now we have a WhatsApp group, one for couples and one just for the mums. Hoping to meet in person once covid permits. It covers what most antenatal classes will so stuff like science of labour; spontaneous vaginal delivery/induction/C section, pain relief options, coping techniques, post partum period, baby care and a session on breastfeeding. In my area there are no NHS/free antenatal classes running right now. The good aspect of it is the social aspect which has been impaired by covid but hoping if people are motivated we can still salvage that as I have friends who are still mates with their NCT groups years later. It’s luck of the draw I think and is helped if people are all local to you (my group is but I have heard of some whose groups are from all over the city and haven’t kept in touch).

That happened to me with my first! An online group, but I was the last to go and it was such a wait! Hopefully you don’t have too much longer to wait!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.