Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
23 weeks and just wondered if anyone else’s bump gets really big at night?!! It feels so bloated around 10pm and is uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do to relieve it? 🤷🏼‍♀️😳🙄

So sorry you had this experience!
I've never been told I needed a full bladder for a 20 week scan for a start!
She sounds horrible! I'd definitely make a complaint!

My 20 week scan with my second was horrible! The guy was awful and I came out crying.
This time I dreaded my 20 week scan incase I got the same guy!
As soon as I got in there, before even on the bed, he said "Wow, this looks an unhealthy pregnancy. You should be losing weight"
For a start I'd already lost 7 stone before falling pregnant and wasnt far off a size 14, so not huge.
He kept saying how it will difficult to see anything and probably won't be able to get a photo for us because it won't be clear at all.
He pushed so hard throughout it that my whole stomach was bruised.
He got all his measurements first time and saw everything he needed to yet when he was done, I asked if he could tell the gender and he said "Oh, I didn't even bother looking because I doubt I'll be able to see with your weight"

I regret not putting in a complaint now! And it really messed with my head! Even now 3 and a half years later!
I'd certainly put in a complaint! ❤
Wow this is so so terrible!! What an awful experience for you :(

23 weeks and just wondered if anyone else’s bump gets really big at night?!! It feels so bloated around 10pm and is uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do to relieve it? 🤷🏼‍♀️😳🙄
I feel the same sometimes too. Sorry for TMI but I usually find it's because I'm constipated 🙈 the joys of pregnancy!!

Reactions: 1
I’m 31 weeks and bump is always bigger at night I also find it harder to walk in the evenings, when I wake up my bump is soft and much smaller I think it’s mabye the way the baby is lying? 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What bottle steriliser do people have? Ive not got a very big microwave so think I'll need an electric one but there's so many to choose from and going by the amazon reviews they're all terrible 😂

Am sure someone else on here had theirs on a Sunday night! V strange time but at least they’re getting you booked in 🤷‍♀️
I had mine booked for a Sunday before Christmas at a local surgery. Midwife called 2 hours early and said 'change of plan. I'll be at your house in 15 minutes.' I hadn't showered, had all my Christmas pressies everywhere that I was wrapping and hadn't hoovered the floor all weekend. 5 minutes later she turned up and I had a very high pulse and blood pressure from the rushing around trying to get a bra on and looking half presentable! Cringed the whole way through as she sat on the unhoovered carpet doing all my tests. Was the weirdest experience so far!! 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
What bottle steriliser do people have? Ive not got a very big microwave so think I'll need an electric one but there's so many to choose from and going by the amazon reviews they're all terrible 😂
We used mam bottles with my first and you can sterilise them in the microwave.
After a few months we used the Milton bucket and cold water steriliser.

Reactions: 2
I had mine booked for a Sunday before Christmas at a local surgery. Midwife called 2 hours early and said 'change of plan. I'll be at your house in 15 minutes.' I hadn't showered, had all my Christmas pressies everywhere that I was wrapping and hadn't hoovered the floor all weekend. 5 minutes later she turned up and I had a very high pulse and blood pressure from the rushing around trying to get a bra on and looking half presentable! Cringed the whole way through as she sat on the unhoovered carpet doing all my tests. Was the weirdest experience so far!! 🤣
Omg! Mines over the phone but maybe I’ll make sure I wash my hair on Saturday just in case 😂

• Haha
Omg! Mines over the phone but maybe I’ll make sure I wash my hair on Saturday just in case 😂
I'm now prepared for all appointments on the morning of with a freshly cleaned house 🤣 She came in and did the blood test, measured BP etc and urine sample. Luckily I'd done one and saved it to take with me (as I wasn't sure of the process and if it needed to be the first morning wee) as I had only just been to the toilet when she arrived. 4 hours later she phoned me and we did all the questions. So, yeah, maybe just make sure you've had a shower in plenty of time 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
We went for a Milton cold steriliser too.
So easy to do and you can use the same fluid all day.

Reactions: 3
I bought Mam bottles so don't need a steriliser.
But before that had the tommee tippee electric one

Omg! the actual trauma of someone turning up at your house unannounced in lockdown! 🤣🤣

• Haha
If anyone's had to get referred for a growth scan, how soon is the appointment? I had my 31w appointment today and being referred for a scan, midwife said she'd text me the details but not heard anything yet and my appointment was first thing this morning. Just worried in case it's super last minute and I need to go in the morning or something 🤔
I think 48-72 hours is the guideline if the indication is bump measuring too small/big?

Reactions: 1
I’m 31 weeks and bump is always bigger at night I also find it harder to walk in the evenings, when I wake up my bump is soft and much smaller I think it’s mabye the way the baby is lying? 😅
I’m glad it’s not just me then! Sometimes it’s double the size! So I’m trying not to eat my tea after 6pm if I can help it as it’s just getting really uncomfortable 🙈🙈🙈xx

I bought Mam bottles so don't need a steriliser.
But before that had the tommee tippee electric one
Iv heard about these Mam bottles. How come you don’t need a steriliser with them? Xxx

I’m glad it’s not just me then! Sometimes it’s double the size! So I’m trying not to eat my tea after 6pm if I can help it as it’s just getting really uncomfortable 🙈🙈🙈xx

Iv heard about these Mam bottles. How come you don’t need a steriliser with them? Xxx
They come apart and you put water in the bottom of them, pop the bottle in the microwave and they self sterilise

Attachments

• Heart
My partner has started telling me not to stand too close to the microwave because of the baby 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I keep getting you’re carrying precious cargo 😁 @WhatABore these sound really good you are very knowledgeable really helpful as I am clueless x
Glad I can help 😊 I felt completely clueless with my first 😂
I googled everything haha!

It's also partly that I don't have much to do so I'm always on here, I sit at home with a 3 year old 😂 so have to occupy myself somehow haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.