Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will everyone be sorting out their nursery room before baby is born? We moved recently and the spare room which will be the nursery needs to be completely gutted, replastered, redecorated etc. Part of me wants to get it all done before baby is here but part of me thinks they won’t be going in there straight away anyway?
We haven’t bothered with a nursery, we just got the basic stuff we need to do us the first few months, haven’t bothered with baby furniture or anything. Just think it’s an extra expense when it won’t be used anytime soon and we’ve no room for it either. We are currently renting a 2 bed house but it’s tiny and our spare room we had to get extra chest of drawers etc for in there because the house has no storage space. We’re currently hoping to buying my grandparents house and hoping to get moved by the summer it’s 3 bedrooms and way more space that we need so will just be doing her bedroom up in that house

Reactions: 4
That Aldi next to me cot looks good! I got the snuzpod second hand from a friend of a friend for £100, then just bought a new mattress. Got the cot for £70 off Facebook marketplace, Mamas and Papas one currently selling for £300 in store!! But don’t intend to use it until he outgrows the snuzpod so no need to get early, I just saw a bargain lol

• Heart
Reactions: 4
At my hospital (in the West Midlands) they aren’t currently charging for photos due to partners still not being allowed it. I know it doesn’t make up for the stress of attending scans alone but I thought it was a nice gesture
You must not be very far away from me I just got one free picture. Have you had good care from your area x

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
We’re moving soon too. Dreading the moving process but also can’t wait to move.

Should we buy full sized cot for when baby is born even though baby doesn’t sleep in it? Or do you normally buy it at 6 months when they move into it?

I feel so thick, I know nothing. Never been around babies or people with babies. The buying guide we got from the midwife yesterday has sent me on a spiral I think.
We got a full size cot before the baby was born, I have a cot changing top so would change my little boy in there whilst I was feeding him etc in the night to not wake my husband as he works shift work, also from around 4ish months I would put my son in there for one nap a day to get him used to the cot for when he moves into his room at 6 months (had a monitor and camera so I could see him at all times)

Reactions: 2
You must not be very far away from me I just got one free picture. Have you had good care from your area x
yes I’ve been happy so far. I had a rough time last year during the first lockdown with a miscarriage and they were great. I was in for 5 days and felt very safe and looked after. I’ve also had 3 operations for endometriosis in recent years and had good care.

I’m just annoyed that they don’t communicate their plans very well. Would be nice to know if their rules regarding scans and birth are going to change anytime soon! I’m not due until august so I’m hoping things will be less str

yes I’ve been happy so far. I had a rough time last year during the first lockdown with a miscarriage and they were great. I was in for 5 days and felt very safe and looked after. I’ve also had 3 operations for endometriosis in recent years and had good care.

I’m just annoyed that they don’t communicate their plans very well. Would be nice to know if their rules regarding scans and birth are going to change anytime soon! I’m not due until august so I’m hoping things will be less str
Im sorry about your experience however I am glad they looked after you which is reassuring. I am hoping the same as I am due first week in September it also annoys me that when I google my hospital for the info nothing comes up on visiting hours or birth partners why is it so hard to find some info! X

Reactions: 1
Im sorry about your experience however I am glad they looked after you which is reassuring. I am hoping the same as I am due first week in September it also annoys me that when I google my hospital for the info nothing comes up on visiting hours or birth partners why is it so hard to find some info! X
Mine is the same too!
Everyone said "your local hospitals current Covid information on birthing and scans is available if you search Google"
Well I spent ages searching and couldn't find a single thing.

My partner can join me on the first scan (24th of Mar). Really greatful for that, because I had to go alone before to all the appointments (treatment of PCOS).

Reactions: 3
On todays instalment of learning that your body does weird things is discovering that you can leak milk/colostrum before you've even had the baby 🤣 I'm 19 weeks and sitting in a meeting when, not even I noticed, but my female manager 😂. That's me away to hide of embarrassment 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
On todays instalment of learning that your body does weird things is discovering that you can leak milk/colostrum before you've even had the baby 🤣 I'm 19 weeks and sitting in a meeting when, not even I noticed, but my female manager 😂. That's me away to hide of embarrassment 🤣
Oh no way 🙈🙈🙈 may I recommend reusable breast pads? Especially if you’re hoping to breastfeed. Just make sure you get ones which are PUL backed!

Oh no way 🙈🙈🙈 may I recommend reusable breast pads? Especially if you’re hoping to breastfeed. Just make sure you get ones which are PUL backed!
I've actually just ordered some! My manger actually recommended them (she's a nice woman to be fair and I'm so glad it was her who noticed first and not one of the guys 😂)

I've actually just ordered some! My manger actually recommended them (she's a nice woman to be fair and I'm so glad it was her who noticed first and not one of the guys 😂)
Oh that would have been awful 🙈 weirdly I have never leaked during pregnancy at all, but afterwards I’m like a fountain, soaked constantly 🙄

I started leaking from 15 weeks this time 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Hey has anyone had pelvic pain feels like bruising I googled it and it says it’s normal but my god I feel like I’ve bashed myself 😂

I’m 14+6 been having chronic pelvic pain for weeks on and off!
Honestly I really feel for you it’s killing me I thought I had walked into something or bruised myself however I really suffer with my hips and probably already have arthritis Iva head physio as well for it maybe that is contributing factor plus the baby I feel like John Wayne 🤪 xx

Mine is the same too!
Everyone said "your local hospitals current Covid information on birthing and scans is available if you search Google"
Well I spent ages searching and couldn't find a single thing.
This is so annoying I cannot find anything for either hospital as I have to go to two one for scans and one where I will give birth so irritating x

Anyone feel so disorganised in their 2nd pregnancy? 31w tomorrow and only have a few outfits and name picked 😂 not even ordered my pram yet. I just don't have the time to focus on baby stuff right now because my toddlers so full on so at least my pregnancy is flying in 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.