Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you recommend a good sling? Or do they all do the same thing 🙈 I think we get one in the baby boxes in Scotland but I'm not sure if every woman gets that or you have to meet criteria
Everyone in Scotland gets ones my midwife gave me the form at 22 week appointment, I think they are sent out around 32 weeks so I haven’t received mines yet but they look great 😄

My mum bought the aldi moses basket for her house for when my niece was a baby and we used it for my son when I stayed over, it was much better and sturdier than my one from precious little one!
Oh sounds promising! Just checked and its not available online atm but hopefully there will be another baby event in the next few months and I can get it then.

Reactions: 2
I’m suffering with headaches too! Yesterday I had such a bad one that I ended up going to bed and sleeping for an hour on my lunch break (luckily working from home). I’ve had a couple that have lasted for a couple of days, I haven’t been taking anything but yesterday I gave in and took some paracetamol as it was unbearable.

I have to keep reminding myself it’s all for a good reason too - I’ve had such bad sickness as well so been a bit miserable! Xx

This baby is my first but we’re planning to get a Moses basket for downstairs, and a next to me cot for our bedroom 😊

Will everyone be sorting out their nursery room before baby is born? We moved recently and the spare room which will be the nursery needs to be completely gutted, replastered, redecorated etc. Part of me wants to get it all done before baby is here but part of me thinks they won’t be going in there straight away anyway?
we are but only because we are in a new build so only needs a little bit of paint and we needed the wardrobe and drawers to keep his things in just now so just ordered the big cot at the same time x

Will everyone be sorting out their nursery room before baby is born? We moved recently and the spare room which will be the nursery needs to be completely gutted, replastered, redecorated etc. Part of me wants to get it all done before baby is here but part of me thinks they won’t be going in there straight away anyway?
I would say try to get any big jobs like plastering done before baby arrives. You can always get the painting and bits done afterwards.

Reactions: 1
At my hospital (in the West Midlands) they aren’t currently charging for photos due to partners still not being allowed it. I know it doesn’t make up for the stress of attending scans alone but I thought it was a nice gesture

I saw this on special at aldi too it is kind of like the snooze pod isn’t it I nearly bought it because it was over half the price of snuz pod but I thought it was a bad idea buying it yet but it looks identical xx
I always find the Aldi dupes in whatever they do to be really good value for money so had to be worth a go for £73

Everyone in Scotland gets ones my midwife gave me the form at 22 week appointment, I think they are sent out around 32 weeks so I haven’t received mines yet but they look great 😄
Oh that's good to know, I wasn't sure if it was only if you didn't earn a certain amount they would give you it, it does look quite good to be fair, think they come with clothes and everything which is pretty generous.

I always find the Aldi dupes in whatever they do to be really good value for money so had to be worth a go for £73
I got loads of stuff in the aldi baby week, mostly clothes and a wee sleeping bag but I was surprised at how good quality it was for the price!

We’ve almost finished our nursery, I’m 28 weeks pregnant. We did it because I like to use the room from Day one. We needed somewhere to store all the things we’ve bought for her so far otherwise it just becomes a dumping ground. I’ll get her dressed and changed in there during the day as that’s where all her stuff will be and she will also go into her cot for little periods if I’m upstairs getting ready or cleaning etc. It’s what I’ve done with all my children. Also my partner is self employed so will only have a week off when she’s born so time together as a family is very precious and the last thing I’d want him doing when she’s here is the DIY.

Oh that's good to know, I wasn't sure if it was only if you didn't earn a certain amount they would give you it, it does look quite good to be fair, think they come with clothes and everything which is pretty generous.

I got loads of stuff in the aldi baby week, mostly clothes and a wee sleeping bag but I was surprised at how good quality it was for the price!
The aldi nappies are the best I’ve ever used and as a mother of four already I’ve tried them all! My eldest is 25 and when she was born I was very old school and used terry towelling square nappies! I used to get some very strange looks when changing her considering I was only 18 as well, but I was so proud of myself using cloth nappies back then.

Reactions: 7
The aldi nappies are the best I’ve ever used and as a mother of four already I’ve tried them all! My eldest is 25 and when she was born I was very old school and used terry towelling square nappies! I used to get some very strange looks when changing her considering I was only 18 as well, but I was so proud of myself using cloth nappies back then.
That is brilliant! I am really up for using cloth nappies - some friends did it recently and got on really well with it. I know it doesn’t work for everyone but we’ll try give it a shot.

oh god all this talk of nursery prep -we’ve been house hunting since September and sold our house a month ago as we were getting nowhere being in a chain (live in a VERY competitive area). Now we’re renting and still not getting anywhere, two more house rejections this week!, and time is running out a bit - I know it’s no issue really but I’m absolutely dreading having to move with a small baby 😬

Reactions: 3
That is brilliant! I am really up for using cloth nappies - some friends did it recently and got on really well with it. I know it doesn’t work for everyone but we’ll try give it a shot.
I’ve used cloth nappies on all 3 of my kids, and they’ll get their final outing on this next bum 😊 once you find what works for you it really is easy, just a matter of a couple of extra wash loads a week! I really would recommend cloth wipes too, they are SOOO much better than disposable ones! The hard part is finding nappies you like and work for your baby. If there is a nappy library near you you can hire kits and try loads of brands to see what works best.
I hope you find somewhere new soon, moving with a newborn would be very tough 😩

Reactions: 5
We’re moving soon too. Dreading the moving process but also can’t wait to move.

Should we buy full sized cot for when baby is born even though baby doesn’t sleep in it? Or do you normally buy it at 6 months when they move into it?

I feel so thick, I know nothing. Never been around babies or people with babies. The buying guide we got from the midwife yesterday has sent me on a spiral I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Should we buy full sized cot for when baby is born even though baby doesn’t sleep in it? Or do you normally buy it at 6 months when they move into it?

I feel so thick, I know nothing. Never been around babies or people with babies. The buying guide we got from the midwife yesterday has sent me on a spiral I think.
You’re not thick! Nobody knows how to be a parent Until they are one. No matter how many kids you’ve helped looked after, it’s not the same at all. We are all in that same boat the first time we have a baby, you learn on the job!

With our first we bought our cot before she was born, but there is no need to if you won’t use it for a while. There are no hard and fast rules for what to buy and when, so don’t panic!

I’ve used cloth nappies on all 3 of my kids, and they’ll get their final outing on this next bum 😊 once you find what works for you it really is easy, just a matter of a couple of extra wash loads a week! I really would recommend cloth wipes too, they are SOOO much better than disposable ones! The hard part is finding nappies you like and work for your baby. If there is a nappy library near you you can hire kits and try loads of brands to see what works best.
I hope you find somewhere new soon, moving with a newborn would be very tough 😩
Thank you! Ah what a brilliant idea - never heard of a nappy library before but I’ve just googled and there is one in my city which I will defo be checking out (also a sling library too apparently!). Also - on my googling I discovered that my local council will provide a free pack or money off, if this helps anyone else 👍🏼

Anyone had to get a glucose test for diabetes? I’ve to go for one on Monday. Think it’s a wee bit late to be doing one of those seeing as I’m nearly 36 weeks I’ve no other symptoms of diabetes apart from the fact they think my baby is growing quicker than normal. I know their just taking precautions though. Was told 5 weeks ago she was weighing just over 4lbs and was told today she’s just over 7lbs 😳😳 I’ve to go back for another scan in 2 weeks and she said if she’s still measuring big they’ll probably talk about an early induction

Sorry I meant the Moses basket not the crib although this looks good too x
I think I seen the Moses basket you mean, it looks just like the one I bought from the little green sheep expect mine cost a small fortune and Aldi’s was like £15ish? Seen morrisons also selling one similar with the wooden stand included, I thought they both looked great and would buy them myself, I went all out bought a more expensive Moses basket this time because I am using my pram and car seats I got for my first, so not really spending a lot of money overall 😅

We did get the cot before the baby last time as we had moved house and I wanted to be all organised but we didn’t use it properly for at least six months so no rush. It was handy to put the baby in when I was upstairs and got them used to being in it but not an essential. We didn’t have the next to me crib thing at first but got one pretty quickly and it was much easier than a Moses basket as they were right next to you.

The plus to a second is saving money on all the things I thought were essential but didn’t work for us. And with delivery so quick these days you can always wait till baby is here and do your online shopping when up for the night feeds 😝 as you are so tired then too you forgot and it’s a nice surprise when things arrive 🤣

We haven’t bought a full sized cot we are gonna get one closer to the time. We have a next to me crib in our bedroom for her and then a Moses basket for downstairs during the day. I initially didn’t want a Moses basket as I’ve heard they out grow them very quick and not all babies like them but his nanny ended up buying us one

We bought ours before hand.
Was kind of a good job we did because she grew out of the moses basket within 2 months so put the cot in our room

Anyone had to get a glucose test for diabetes? I’ve to go for one on Monday. Think it’s a wee bit late to be doing one of those seeing as I’m nearly 36 weeks I’ve no other symptoms of diabetes apart from the fact they think my baby is growing quicker than normal. I know their just taking precautions though. Was told 5 weeks ago she was weighing just over 4lbs and was told today she’s just over 7lbs 😳😳 I’ve to go back for another scan in 2 weeks and she said if she’s still measuring big they’ll probably talk about an early induction
I have had them with all my pregnancies..
This one though because of Covid, they just did a normal fasting blood test. Fasted for 12 hours, took my blood and that was it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.