Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not being funny but that is not normal hours am getting pissed off with having to do longer than my hours because my boss is home schooling so it’s either early morning calls which I hate and also some late at night but when I say late like the latest one was half 6 oh and that sociable zoom at 7 but even that aggravated me so I think he’s being unreasonable asking anyone to do that mental hours... x
It's crap. With all of the (supposed) pregnancy workplace laws and rights in place, it's mental how things like this and unreasonable bosses are still issues. x

Thank you 😊 I have used those strips a couple of times before but totally forgot about them so thanks for the reminder. I think I was focussing on my go to painkiller than I couldn’t take. From memory I think my migraines really went away for most of my pregnancy just don’t remember getting such a throbbing headache last time. Or being quiet so hungry, I was dreaming about a fish supper the other night 🤣🐷

Reactions: 3
It's crap. With all of the (supposed) pregnancy workplace laws and rights in place, it's mental how things like this and unreasonable bosses are still issues. x
What is also so wrong is some employers just make their own rules up they do have a duty of care if my boss told me I had to travel somewhere like go into the office if I said no she would accept my answer if I gave her a justified reason although being pregnant in a pandemic I think is justification enough and employers are asking too much of staff it’s awful working all those hours. I get off lightly and I am even tired 😴 x

Reactions: 2
Morning, a question for the ladies are who already moms. When baby sleeps during the day, where do you put it down to sleep? I’ve read bouncers aren’t really recommended. Do you have something set up downstairs for baby to have daytime sleeps in? How does it work?

Morning, a question for the ladies are who already moms. When baby sleeps during the day, where do you put it down to sleep? I’ve read bouncers aren’t really recommended. Do you have something set up downstairs for baby to have daytime sleeps in? How does it work?
I had a little flat rocker thing for downstairs, you could get a moses basket or somthing for downstairs

Reactions: 1
I used the pram in the day in the carry cot!

I’ve always used a Moses basket in my lounge for baby during the day and used to carry that upstairs at night. This time though the Moses basket will be staying in the lounge as we’ve bought one of the bedside next to me cribs because I’ve heard lots of good things about those. Had it last week for £72.99 as an Aldi special buy. Got to love Aldi!

I know lots of people swear by a Sleepyhead (think they are now rebranded as Dockatot). A little bit controversial as they aren't recommended by the Lullaby Trust but I think that's for overnight sleeping (might be incorrect) but should be fine for supervised daytime naps. I'm not sure if I'll get one as I'm thinking Moses basket initially, but apparently lots of babies that didn't sleep in a basket loved the Sleepyhead so I may get one if I'm desperate.

Anyone have any experience with the Aldi Moses basket? Really don't want to spend too much on one as they'll be outgrown after a few months!

I use a Moses basket I have it in the living room during the day and take it upstairs to our bedroom for nights

My others, I used the pram in the carrycot. This time I've got a spare moses basket ill keep downstairs

I know lots of people swear by a Sleepyhead (think they are now rebranded as Dockatot). A little bit controversial as they aren't recommended by the Lullaby Trust but I think that's for overnight sleeping (might be incorrect) but should be fine for supervised daytime naps. I'm not sure if I'll get one as I'm thinking Moses basket initially, but apparently lots of babies that didn't sleep in a basket loved the Sleepyhead so I may get one if I'm desperate.

Anyone have any experience with the Aldi Moses basket? Really don't want to spend too much on one as they'll be outgrown after a few months!
My mum bought the aldi moses basket for her house for when my niece was a baby and we used it for my son when I stayed over, it was much better and sturdier than my one from precious little one!

Sleepyhead is controversial, no nests are recommend by Lullaby Trust as they are not a firm flat mattress. I think some people go halfway and use them for placing the baby in but ideally shouldn’t be used for any sleeping. I suspect that is why they have been rebranded as Dockatot instead of implying sleep with the Sleepyhead name.
My baby hasn’t been born yet but for what it’s worth I’ve got a Snuzpod for bedside sleeping (can use until they are sitting up) and a Moses basket to keep downstairs. My pram carrycot can also be used for sleeping too.
Lullaby Trust and Basis are the resources you want to read for safe sleeping xx

In the sling, or just in my arms 😊 with my first two I had a Moses basket downstairs they never settled in, so when my babies sleep, they just go in the sling or I hold them, until they get in to a more solid nap routine and then they go upstairs (but that usually isn’t until about 9 months or so).

4th trimester babies often don’t want to be put down, so any FTM shouldn’t worry if they can’t set their sleeping babe down without them waking.

In the sling, or just in my arms 😊 with my first two I had a Moses basket downstairs they never settled in, so when my babies sleep, they just go in the sling or I hold them, until they get in to a more solid nap routine and then they go upstairs (but that usually isn’t until about 9 months or so).

4th trimester babies often don’t want to be put down, so any FTM shouldn’t worry if they can’t set their sleeping babe down without them waking.
Can you recommend a good sling? Or do they all do the same thing 🙈 I think we get one in the baby boxes in Scotland but I'm not sure if every woman gets that or you have to meet criteria

Can you recommend a good sling? Or do they all do the same thing 🙈 I think we get one in the baby boxes in Scotland but I'm not sure if every woman gets that or you have to meet criteria
They definitely are not all made equally. Many slings are pretty poor, even from well known brands, as they don’t all promote healthy hips. Whichever sling you use must support your baby from knee to knee, rather than have them dangling from the crotch (I’ll add some pictures). It’s also really important that the sling you use supports the baby’s back and neck, without allowing their chin to fall on to their chest as this can constrict breathing.

You should check out if you have a local sling library as they will have lots of great choices to explore and knowledgable people to explain how each sling is used. Different slings suit different people, so it is a really personal choice as to which one you go for. Try to avoid buying off Amazonor eBay as loads of fakes on there, which are not well made.

My personal preferences for slings are a stretchy for when they are little (Moby, Boba, Joy and Joe all do these) and a Tula for bigger kids.
CB15C0E5-BA02-4413-9562-A89EA4B884E2.jpeg
B9CB0A64-A828-4401-B2F3-46A8395F2131.jpeg
844F0657-05D2-482E-BCC7-AB774FCD1563.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They definitely are not all made equally. Many slings are pretty poor, even from well known brands, as they don’t all promote healthy hips. Whichever sling you use must support your baby from knee to knee, rather than have them dangling from the crotch (I’ll add some pictures). It’s also really important that the sling you use supports the baby’s back and neck, without allowing their chin to fall on to their chest as this can constrict breathing.

You should check out if you have a local sling library as they will have lots of great choices to explore and knowledgable people to explain how each sling is used. Different slings suit different people, so it is a really personal choice as to which one you go for. Try to avoid buying off Amazonor eBay as loads of fakes on there, which are not well made.

My personal preferences for slings are a stretchy for when they are little (Moby, Boba, Joy and Joe all do these) and a Tula for bigger kids.View attachment 454557View attachment 454558View attachment 454559
Thank you so much for this 🙂

Thank you so much for this 🙂
No problem 😊 it is one of those things where there are so many choices it can become overwhelming, but knowing what to look out for can certainly make things a bit easier. I know slings aren’t for everyone, but I couldn’t have babies without them! They live in them for the first months!

Reactions: 4
Definitely second finding a sling library as you can try before you buy.
I preferred my close caboo for when baby was tiny and then moved on to a connecta but my husband preferred a Tula.
There's lots of pages on Facebook where you can buy preloved slings and they hold their value very well so you can sell on again.

I’ve always used a Moses basket in my lounge for baby during the day and used to carry that upstairs at night. This time though the Moses basket will be staying in the lounge as we’ve bought one of the bedside next to me cribs because I’ve heard lots of good things about those. Had it last week for £72.99 as an Aldi special buy. Got to love Aldi!
I saw this on special at aldi too it is kind of like the snooze pod isn’t it I nearly bought it because it was over half the price of snuz pod but I thought it was a bad idea buying it yet but it looks identical xx

Hello ladies, just checking in as I’m 8 weeks tomorrow, second pregnancy but first was five years ago so forgot how delightful the first few weeks are. I’m utterly exhausted and constantly nauseous or stuffing my face. I was working full time last time but on furlough this time which I’m so thankful for as not sure how I could function a whole day right now. Grateful that my son is back at nursery as of this week in the afternoons.

I have my first midwife appointment on Monday but meantime is anyone else suffering from horrendous headaches they can’t shift? I feel like my heads going to explode at times. I get hormonal migraines normally but I think all I can take when pregnant is paracetamol?! I wonder if my iron might be low as I’m really cold and can’t stay awake by afternoon?

At least this time I know it’s all totally worth it for the end prize. I just turned 40 so thought my chance for a second had passed me. Looking forward to hearing all your stories and any tips along the way xx
I’m suffering with headaches too! Yesterday I had such a bad one that I ended up going to bed and sleeping for an hour on my lunch break (luckily working from home). I’ve had a couple that have lasted for a couple of days, I haven’t been taking anything but yesterday I gave in and took some paracetamol as it was unbearable.

I have to keep reminding myself it’s all for a good reason too - I’ve had such bad sickness as well so been a bit miserable! Xx

This baby is my first but we’re planning to get a Moses basket for downstairs, and a next to me cot for our bedroom 😊

Will everyone be sorting out their nursery room before baby is born? We moved recently and the spare room which will be the nursery needs to be completely gutted, replastered, redecorated etc. Part of me wants to get it all done before baby is here but part of me thinks they won’t be going in there straight away anyway?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.