Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a little update for everyone who replied to my previous messages about my employers reluctance to treat me fairly regarding the guidelines about working from 28 weeks onwards. Today they have finally emailed me after I sent them quite a firmly worded letter (I found a template online) and have agreed I can stay safe at home and continue to be paid until my maternity leave starts 8 weeks today. 28 weeks tomorrow and I can now relax and not stress about money in my last trimester. I also had a growth scan today (I’m over 40 so have serial growth scans every 4 weeks from today onwards) baby girl is growing perfectly and has an estimated weight today of 2lb 7oz 💓💓💓 going to bed a very happy Mama tonight x
Wonderful news on both counts ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just a little update for everyone who replied to my previous messages about my employers reluctance to treat me fairly regarding the guidelines about working from 28 weeks onwards. Today they have finally emailed me after I sent them quite a firmly worded letter (I found a template online) and have agreed I can stay safe at home and continue to be paid until my maternity leave starts 8 weeks today. 28 weeks tomorrow and I can now relax and not stress about money in my last trimester. I also had a growth scan today (I’m over 40 so have serial growth scans every 4 weeks from today onwards) baby girl is growing perfectly and has an estimated weight today of 2lb 7oz 💓💓💓 going to bed a very happy Mama tonight x
That’s fantastic news congratulations. I hope you get lots of rest and keep cooking that baby 👍🏻

• Heart
Just found this thread. Currently 7 weeks after a miscarriage last august, have one little boy already and that pregnancy seemed like a breeze in comparison to this. I’m extremely bloated never hungry only eating small meals because I know I have to. Did anyone else have this? Did it continue straight through the pregnancy or did it ease up any bit? It’s so uncomfortable with the bloat and drinking loads of water, peppermint tea and had some prune juice as well

I just expressed my first colostrum! 0.5ml woohoo 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That’s excellent news! You shouldn’t have had to push so hard in the first place but glad they finally got it sorted out for you. You can relax now! X

Just found this thread. Currently 7 weeks after a miscarriage last august, have one little boy already and that pregnancy seemed like a breeze in comparison to this. I’m extremely bloated never hungry only eating small meals because I know I have to. Did anyone else have this? Did it continue straight through the pregnancy or did it ease up any bit? It’s so uncomfortable with the bloat and drinking loads of water, peppermint tea and had some prune juice as well
I’ve been very bloated too, I’m 8 weeks and I can look like I’ve got an actual bump some points/angles, but it’s all just bloat. I’m not eating much either. No advice really just sympathy as I know how uncomfortable it is! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage too x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just expressed my first colostrum! 0.5ml woohoo 🥳
Fabulous job!

Congratulations! The bloat shouldn’t linger for too long. I think in the past I’ve read that it’s to do with hormones slowing down digestion? Maybe I’ve made that up though 🙈 either way mine never lasts long x

Just booked my gender scan for 23rd March. We were gonna wait for 20 week scan but I decided I couldn’t wait 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just booked my gender scan for 23rd March. We were gonna wait for 20 week scan but I decided I couldn’t wait 🙈
Yay that's exciting @Kitt ! How many weeks will you be then?

I had my phone booking appt with the midwife yesterday. Decided on which hospital to proceed with and feel excited about it. Have my blood test next Friday am and am waiting for a letter to book my 12 week scan for the week after i hope.

Ive been watching random old youtube videos about pregnancy. Had you ladies heard of something called a harmony test? I think its something you pay £££s for privately and it tests for various things. Apparently these youtube girls who wete having these tests were about to find out the gender of their babies at 12 weeks!! Seems so early. I thought the earliest was 16 weeks (privately). Ive never heard of a harmony test! (not that i think id book one anywya for £4-500!!)

Reactions: 3
Yay that's exciting @Kitt !

I had my phone booking appt with thr midwife yesterday. Decided on which hospital to proceed with and feel excited about it. Have my blood test next Friday am and am waiting for a letter to book my 12 week scan.

Ive been watching random old youtube videos about pregnancy. Had you ladies heard of something called a harmony test? I think its something you pay £££s for privately and it tests for various things. Apparently these youtube girls who wete having these tests were about to find out the gender of their babies at 12 weeks!! Seems so early. I thought the earliest was 16 weeks (privately). Ive never heard of a harmony test! (not that i think id book one anywya for £4-500!!)
You can also do a blood test called sneekpeak from 8 weeks which is alot cheaper than the harmony test as it just checks the gender, not sure how it works but I always see it advertised

Reactions: 1
I saw the Sneak Peek one on Facebook recently, I think someone further back on this thread mentioned having it and it wasn’t accurate.

It’s a blood test, so you send it off and if there’s testosterone present they say you’re expecting a boy (because as women we wouldn’t normally have any present) - I think that’s the jist of it anyway, from what I read on the Facebook comments.

I had my phone booking appt with the midwife yesterday. Decided on which hospital to proceed with and feel excited about it. Have my blood test next Friday am and am waiting for a letter to book my 12 week scan for the week after i hope.

I know someone who had Harmony as they couldn’t do Down’s syndrome screening on the 12 week scan (couldn’t get correct measurements). She got it on NHS as a result but I think it was a covid thing to reduce repeat scan appointments.

I know I’m so excited :) I’ll be just over 17 weeks then. I’m glad things are moving along for you too. Starts feeling real when all the appointments start happening doesn’t it?

I saw the Sneak Peek one on Facebook recently, I think someone further back on this thread mentioned having it and it wasn’t accurate.

It’s a blood test, so you send it off and if there’s testosterone present they say you’re expecting a boy (because as women we wouldn’t normally have any present) - I think that’s the jist of it anyway, from what I read on the Facebook comments.
Yeah I've read many things about Sneak Peak not being accurate.

I believe Harmony is a lot more accurate! And more in depth

I'm not sure if anyone remembers my post from aboit 2 weeks ago about the government guidelines changing for pregnant workers 28w & more etc, my works still not addressed it or gave a proper official answer so my managers advice was to go off sick (pregnancy related so can't be held against me), had to get a sick line from the gp but my managers asked me to get the reason amended on it. Does anyone know if GPs will do this simply and easily for me?

I know someone who had Harmony as they couldn’t do Down’s syndrome screening on the 12 week scan (couldn’t get correct measurements). She got it on NHS as a result but I think it was a covid thing to reduce repeat scan appointments.
I couldn't have the screenings due to baby's position but I just had a blood test that was compared with the measurements they could take and it was all sent off. Only checked for Downs though, not the other ones

So so tired at the moment. I wake up twice in the night for a wee every night. The second one is always around 3:30-4:30am and I’m wide awake at that point for over an hour or more. Happens every single night and I’m really feeling the affects at work the next day. I feel so tit right now, just need a nap but I’m at work til 4.

• Sad
So so tired at the moment. I wake up twice in the night for a wee every night. The second one is always around 3:30-4:30am and I’m wide awake at that point for over an hour or more. Happens every single night and I’m really feeling the affects at work the next day. I feel so tit right now, just need a nap but I’m at work til 4.
That is a pain you’re at work until 4 but hopefully you will feel better once you get home and put your feet up. My tiredness is slowly diminishing how is your sickness? I also keep waking up really early and have to go the toilet a lot. Don’t know if you saw but the doctor I saw yesterday said I have SPD so I’ve ordered a pregnancy pillow have you bought one yet? Xx

I heard the harmony test is more for looking at other things rather than gender however although it does tell you I believe. I don’t think the early blood tests are that accurate from what I have read for gender or early scans can be inaccurate. How was your booking call don’t you think some of the questions are so random like are you blood related to the father 🤣 do you want to find out the gender? My fiancé wants to find out so I told him he can be told end he can try and not tell me x

Last edited:
That is a pain you’re at work until 4 but hopefully you will feel better once you get home and put your feet up. My tiredness is slowly diminishing how is your sickness? I also keep waking up really early and have to go the toilet a lot. Don’t know if you saw but the doctor I saw yesterday said I have SPD so I’ve ordered a pregnancy pillow have you bought one yet? Xx
Sickness is much much better. Feel nauseous if my stomachs empty but much better in general. Still not 100% back to normal with food yet though. Ah no I’m sorry you have that. Must be painful? I haven’t bought one yet, I will do but I’m going to wait til we move house in a few weeks and then get one.

Sickness is much much better. Feel nauseous if my stomachs empty but much better in general. Still not 100% back to normal with food yet though. Ah no I’m sorry you have that. Must be painful? I haven’t bought one yet, I will do but I’m going to wait til we move house in a few weeks and then get one.
I think we are feeling the same with the nausea it is much better than it was but I still have this weird thing where I just don’t fancy eating sometimes and makes me feel 🤢
The pain was really bad yesterday so I rang the doctors I’ve got to have physio it is a very odd pain it’s like my pelvic bone is bruised and I struggle to walk up the stairs. I will be fine though just happy my screening test came back. It was hard to get a pillow because all the reviews on Amazon were so hit and miss. Also very exciting about your gender scan I bet you can’t wait xx

I'm not sure if anyone remembers my post from aboit 2 weeks ago about the government guidelines changing for pregnant workers 28w & more etc, my works still not addressed it or gave a proper official answer so my managers advice was to go off sick (pregnancy related so can't be held against me), had to get a sick line from the gp but my managers asked me to get the reason amended on it. Does anyone know if GPs will do this simply and easily for me?
I’m not sure on this, I think it would depend what the reason is that’s on it now and what they want you to get it changed to?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.