Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering as there are a few people due soon or just had babies if someone could start a newborn baby advice thread? I am too new a member to be able to make a thread I think!

Reactions: 9
Anyone else close to maternity leave and wish they’d finished work sooner?!

First baby, I was very cocky that I’d be able to work up to 40 weeks (I’m working from home so it’s not physically taxing)

due to some pregnancy complications baby will now be coming from 37-39 weeks so I opted to start Mat leave at 37 weeks.

I’m 35 weeks now and I’m knackered! I wish I had finished earlier. It’s the mental stuff more than anything - mentally juggling work and work handover with baby stuff. And I’m shattered. Think it doesn’t help that I’ve mentally already checked out of my work because I’m having a year off woooo.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was wondering as there are a few people due soon or just had babies if someone could start a newborn baby advice thread? I am too new a member to be able to make a thread I think!
That is a great idea! I don’t have thread starting privileges either but definitely a good idea

Reactions: 3

First baby, I was very cocky that I’d be able to work up to 40 weeks (I’m working from home so it’s not physically taxing)

due to some pregnancy complications baby will now be coming from 37-39 weeks so I opted to start Mat leave at 37 weeks.

I’m 35 weeks now and I’m knackered! I wish I had finished earlier. It’s the mental stuff more than anything - mentally juggling work and work handover with baby stuff. And I’m shattered. Think it doesn’t help that I’ve mentally already checked out of my work because I’m having a year off woooo.
I don't work this time around but with my last baby I started mat leave at 29 weeks because I knew I wasn't returning 😂
I did need it though as I was standing on my feet for 10-12 hours straight and was constantly getting dizzy spells and passing out!

My first baby, I didn't leave until 35 weeks and even though it wasn't so much standing, I was so exhausted

Reactions: 2

Is there any way you can start maternity now? Or get signed off sick for the next two weeks? It’s hard going at the end x

Reactions: 1

I’ve been told by my midwife that I should be a home from 28 weeks due to Covid. It is government guidelines. Have you looked into that?

I’ve been told by my midwife that I should be a home from 28 weeks due to Covid. It is government guidelines. Have you looked into that?
Yeah that’s a suggestion to employers but I already work from home so they’re already doing their bit, I’m just fed up 😬

I feel like I’m checking out already and I’m only 13 weeks! I am also super tired I thought the tiredness was meant to get better x

I can start one for you and tag you in the first comment so you see it x

Yes I am bloody exhausted today, I could actually go to bed right now. 😔 where is this second trimester energy at?
Have you guys bought any new clothes or baby stuff yet? I just spent £100 on new bras as I could barely breathe in the one I was wearing yesterday!
I need new bras but not really sure where to go with sizing? I don’t want to buy a load and then grow out of them again in a few weeks time!

Yes I am bloody exhausted today, I could actually go to bed right now. 😔 where is this second trimester energy at?
Have you guys bought any new clothes or baby stuff yet? I just spent £100 on new bras as I could barely breathe in the one I was wearing yesterday!
I bought some ribbed grey flares and a bodysuit from Im the style they were only 24 for both and they look really nice and I think they will grow with me I bought my normal size other than that I wear leggings and over sized hoodies which I usually wear. Bras are really hard I just bought these really unattractive bras which look like sports bras but they are comfy and give me enough support. What kind of bras did you buy? I can’t stand wires unless I need the umph when I am dressed to go out x

no baby stuff yet but me and my fiancé looked at loads of prams last night and carriers and he’s looking at getting a new car. Have you bought any? I can’t help looking at the clothes in every super market I go to hahax

I need new bras but not really sure where to go with sizing? I don’t want to buy a load and then grow out of them again in a few weeks time!
I know, it’s an expensive risk! I literally have one left which is slightly comfortable so I’ve ordered the same style in a band size up and another one in a band/cup size up and will just return what doesn’t work. I hate underwired and padded bras, wish I could just wear the cheap M&S bralettes but they aren’t supportive enough. I also measured myself using the boob or bust calculator which has an option to include if you’re pregnant and it’ll advise you on sizing!

I bought some ribbed grey flares and a bodysuit from Im the style they were only 24 for both and they look really nice and I think they will grow with me I bought my normal size other than that I wear leggings and over sized hoodies which I usually wear. Bras are really hard I just bought these really unattractive bras which look like sports bras but they are comfy and give me enough support. What kind of bras did you buy? I can’t stand wires unless I need the umph when I am dressed to go out x

no baby stuff yet but me and my fiancé looked at loads of prams last night and carriers and he’s looking at getting a new car. Have you bought any? I can’t help looking at the clothes in every super market I go to hahax
I think just going to try get away with wearing leggings and baggy t shirts and jumpers for as long as possible, I’m not going anywhere haha. Very glad I don’t need to buy a new work wardrobe or anything like that! I did go to Bravissimo for the bras though as cba with stupid M&S sizing and I know they fit. They’re so expensive though! We’ve looked at ‘travel systems’ and vaguely know what we want, but I don’t feel ready to buy anything yet - maybe after 20 weeks? Anything we do buy will just end up surrounding me in my ‘home office’ so going to try avoid existing in a sea of boxes for as long as I can! Have you chosen a pram yet or any idea what you want?

Im tired, but most likely its just because im feeling hungry 😊 its early but i really want dinner!!

I bought a pair of jeggings and 2 pairs of leggings in a size up from my normal size as my jeans are either skinny fit or have a hole in and i wanted new options. So comfy 😁 figure i can hopefully wear them postpartum too.

I saw some nursing bras and tops on h and m which look pretty good. Im still okay in my current bras at the mo (10 weeks +2 ), but will probably look for some sports type bras later on.

@StrawberryCream i think a newborn thread sounds great. Good idea 😊

Reactions: 1
I’m 17 weeks today and finally know what people mean to have ‘popped’. Was lying in the bath last night and couldn’t believe how my stomach seems to have grown over night.

I’m 37 and this is first baby after a long battle with infertility and miscarriage so I’ve waited a long time to have a bump 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Im tired, but most likely its just because im feeling hungry 😊 its early but i really want dinner!!

I bought a pair of jeggings and 2 pairs of leggings in a size up from my normal size as my jeans are either fitted or have a hole in and i wanted new options. So comfy 😁 figure i can hopefully wear them postpartum too.

I saw some nursing bras and tops on h and m which look pretty good. Im still okay in my current bras at the mo (10 weeks +2 ), but will probably look for some sports type bras later on.

@StrawberryCream i think a newborn thread sounds great. Good idea 😊
I follow Dani Dyer on insta and she put up a few posts about how good the H&M nursing bras are, I’ve been looking at them too.

I haven’t worn “proper” bras for ages now, the joys of working from home 😂 I got some soft triangle ones from ASOS the other day and they’re ok for now but not much coverage so I think I’m going to get some more appropriate ones haha

I follow Dani Dyer on insta and she put up a few posts about how good the H&M nursing bras are, I’ve been looking at them too.

I haven’t worn “proper” bras for ages now, the joys of working from home 😂 I got some soft triangle ones from ASOS the other day and they’re ok for now but not much coverage so I think I’m going to get some more appropriate ones haha
Talking of H&M, I have their maternity jeans. Got them October/November time and they have been amazing. Still in them at 31 weeks, no sign of ripping. Hoping they will last me to the end!

Reactions: 5
Talking of H&M, I have their maternity jeans. Got them October/November time and they have been amazing. Still in them at 31 weeks, no sign of ripping. Hoping they will last me to the end!
Ooh I might have a look at those. I don’t have enough of a bump yet for maternity jeans but my usual jeans are starting to get a bit tight!

I’ve seen some lovely baby clothes on H&M too, really reasonably priced

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.