Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks I’m torn as I’ve already had a miscarriage before but I’m worried about jinxing things 😂 I think I’m also slightly nervous about people’s options of being pregnant in a pandemic. I’m a very private person so I don’t know what to do for the best. I have a reassurance scan next week and I’ll be 8 weeks so I might tell just my parents then. Just in case. Thanks for everyone’s replies! X

Reactions: 2
I have it too. Also had it with my last child. The pain is so so bad. I found physio last time did nothing but seeing an osteopath has really helped this time round.
@Shoegal17
I am only 13 weeks and it’s already began I can’t believe the pain it almost feels like you’re permanently bruised and I am struggling to walk far. Physio I doubt will do much for me either I’ve had it before for my hip (did nothing) which may have contributed to this. I am really trying not to whinge as I am grateful for even being pregnant but bloody hell it’s painful. Do you find a pregnancy pillow works or anything else eases this?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
@Shoegal17
I am only 13 weeks and it’s already began I can’t believe the pain it almost feels like you’re permanently bruised and I am struggling to walk far. Physio I doubt will do much for me either I’ve had it before for my hip (did nothing) which may have contributed to this. I am really trying not to whinge as I am grateful for even being pregnant but bloody hell it’s painful. Do you find a pregnancy pillow works or anything else eases this?
It really is very painful and I felt like my whole pelvic area was crumbling. While it didn’t instantly go for me it was nothing like the pain after I had my son and few more sessions at the osteopath really helped. I definitely recommend a pregnancy pillow or even just try a normal pillow folded over. Go up and down steps one at a time as in both feet on the step before you take the next step, swing your legs round then raise your body when getting out of bed or from lying on the sofa and just try to keep knees together when moving. I struggled to do any pregnancy yoga or stretching and didn’t wear a belt as my osteopath didn’t recommend one as it can lock your pelvis in the wrong position but do read that many do find comfort for them. The support website had lots of useful info and focus on how good walking will feel one day soon. I cried a lot thinking it would never go away but it has. Rest as much as you can 😘 if I remember any more tips I will post them xx

• Heart
It really is very painful and I felt like my whole pelvic area was crumbling. While it didn’t instantly go for me it was nothing like the pain after I had my son and few more sessions at the osteopath really helped. I definitely recommend a pregnancy pillow or even just try a normal pillow folded over. Go up and down steps one at a time as in both feet on the step before you take the next step, swing your legs round then raise your body when getting out of bed or from lying on the sofa and just try to keep knees together when moving. I struggled to do any pregnancy yoga or stretching and didn’t wear a belt as my osteopath didn’t recommend one as it can lock your pelvis in the wrong position but do read that many do find comfort for them. The support website had lots of useful info and focus on how good walking will feel one day soon. I cried a lot thinking it would never go away but it has. Rest as much as you can 😘 if I remember any more tips I will post them xx
Question... Where abouts do you put the pillow?
Further up between your thighs or knees or?
I've been trying all sorts but can't work out where you're supposed to put it haha

• Haha
Question... Where abouts do you put the pillow?
Further up between your thighs or knees or?
I've been trying all sorts but can't work out where you're supposed to put it haha
If it was the pregnancy long sausage type one I think under your bump then between your knees, if it was just a normal pillow I use it between my thighs folder over when on my side to keep knees together as that keeps the pelvic area in a more comfortable position when sleeping. Although I’m no expert just what worked for me, I’ve attached a pic of a firmer memory type pillow I’ve got for general back / hip pain which helps keep you in a comfortable position. Wouldn’t support a bump but might help in earlier stages x

Attachments

Last edited:
Sorry if that has already been asked but how early did you start showing with second baby?

If it was the pregnancy long sausage type one I think under your bump then between your knees, if it was just a normal pillow I use it between my thighs folder over when on my side to keep knees together as that keeps the pelvic area in a more comfortable position when sleeping. Although I’m no expert just what worked for me, I’ve attached a pic of a firmer memory type pillow I’ve got for general back / hip pain which helps keep you in a comfortable position. Wouldn’t support a bump but might help in earlier stages x
Thank you. I'm 35 weeks. I haven't bought a pregnancy pillow I usually bunch the duvet up to support my bump and then a pillow between my legs.
I'll try between the thighs tonight. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
With my 2nd I had a child in my class ask me at 9 weeks if I was pregnant, so very early!
Oh really?! I am 11 weeks and feel like I am getting a bump. Just really shocked as with my first pregnancy it was much later. You couldn’t really tell even at about 24 weeks if I was wearing loose clothing.

Oh really?! I am 11 weeks and feel like I am getting a bump. Just really shocked as with my first pregnancy it was much later. You couldn’t really tell even at about 24 weeks if I was wearing loose clothing.
Ah I am always very bumpy, even with my first you could clearly tell by about 14 weeks.

For anyone else struggling with sickness, I’ve found that chewing gum has helped a bit with it today!

Reactions: 5
Sorry if that has already been asked but how early did you start showing with second baby?
I was around 15 weeks when my bump started forming but I definitely looked really bloated beforehand 😅

For anyone else struggling with sickness, I’ve found that chewing gum has helped a bit with it today!
Im like a cow with all my chewing! Although I’ve now reached the point where the gum Also makes me feel sick, so I can only chew each piece for about 5 mins 🙈

Im like a cow with all my chewing! Although I’ve now reached the point where the gum Also makes me feel sick, so I can only chew each piece for about 5 mins 🙈
Yeah it does feel like things only work for a little while before your body realises haha. I was eating ginger nut biscuits at the start which really helped but now a few weeks on even the smell of them turns my stomach!

All I’ve managed so far today is a small bowl of Cheerios and a glass of juice I’m forcing down me. I really can’t stomach anything 🤢

All I’ve managed so far today is a small bowl of Cheerios and a glass of juice I’m forcing down me. I really can’t stomach anything 🤢
Cheerios are my go to at the moment!

I pretty much ran round sainsburys doing my food shop this morning as I was convinced I was going to throw up 🤢

Does anyone know if being pregnant is a reason for being exempt from wearing a face mask? I want to be as safe as possible but wearing one makes me feel so stuffy and sick at the moment.

Cheerios are my go to at the moment!

I pretty much ran round sainsburys doing my food shop this morning as I was convinced I was going to throw up 🤢

Does anyone know if being pregnant is a reason for being exempt from wearing a face mask? I want to be as safe as possible but wearing one makes me feel so stuffy and sick at the moment.
same here, I can’t do the shops. Just being around food makes me want to vomit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.