Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning hope everyone is OK, not posted on here in a while @Kitt hope all goes well today.

I'm 19+2 today and the last few days it's felt like my bump has started to pop... Its gone from feeling like I've just put on a few pounds to more of a taut, firmer bump. At the same time my hips and lower back suddenly feel like they've aged 30 years and are so, so achey, it also feels like I'm getting vague period cramps here and there and my lower stomach is a bit tender 😐. Is it normal for all this to happen so suddenly? I'm normally a side sleeper anyway so my sleep positions have not really changed as I know that can be a factor. I'm just thinking if I'm this achey now how am I going to cope in 3rd trimester! I'm usually normal weight and fairly active (work out around 3 times a week plus walks).

Also a bit anxious as I've felt no movement yet (although I don't know if I have an anterior placenta, will ask at my 20 week scan next week).

Reactions: 3
Morning all, feeling very sick this morning after not feeling sick yesterday so hoping that’s a good sign.

I’m wondering if I maybe have a kidney infection? I’m going to ask today. I used to be prone to them and I’m wondering if dehydration may have caused one and is causing this horrible lower back ache.
Hope you scan goes well today Kit xx

Morning hope everyone is OK, not posted on here in a while @Kitt hope all goes well today.

I'm 19+2 today and the last few days it's felt like my bump has started to pop... Its gone from feeling like I've just put on a few pounds to more of a taut, firmer bump. At the same time my hips and lower back suddenly feel like they've aged 30 years and are so, so achey, it also feels like I'm getting vague period cramps here and there and my lower stomach is a bit tender 😐. Is it normal for all this to happen so suddenly? I'm normally a side sleeper anyway so my sleep positions have not really changed as I know that can be a factor. I'm just thinking if I'm this achey now how am I going to cope in 3rd trimester! I'm usually normal weight and fairly active (work out around 3 times a week plus walks).

Also a bit anxious as I've felt no movement yet (although I don't know if I have an anterior placenta, will ask at my 20 week scan next week).
I think it’s all pretty normal, Iv had backache from around 20 weeks too and it was around the same time my bump started to be really noticeable, it will be stretching pains and the baby getting bigger. I always notice my bump gets bigger after a few days of cramp and pains

Reactions: 1

I didn’t feel any movement until I was 20 weeks, completely normal. I’m 25 weeks now and she doesn’t stop!

• Heart

That all sounds fairly normal to me. I think some weeks there is more growth and so you feel those aches and pains much more, but then they die down again for a few weeks

I have said this week (I’m 30wks) I am definitely moving to a bungalow for old age! Some days I stand at the bottom of the stairs and just think “I cannot climb all that way!” So I don’t want to be like that permanently in 40yrs!

With movement, lots of people don’t feel anything until after 20 weeks 😊

Just to let you know, ergobabyuk have a giveaway on their insta! Worth a shot hey xx

Reactions: 4

I'm 33 weeks now and my hips are awful.
Before they'd just ache and hurt if I laid on that side for too long, then I'd turn over and the other side would start to hurt so roll back over again 😂
But now... By the time the other one is hurting, the other one hasn't stopped hurting yet.
And they just ache all day from my hip down the sides of my legs! 😑

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm 33 weeks now and my hips are awful.
Before they'd just ache and hurt if I laid on that side for too long, then I'd turn over and the other side would start to hurt so roll back over again 😂
But now... By the time the other one is hurting, the other one hasn't stopped hurting yet.
And they just ache all day from my hip down the sides of my legs! 😑
I hear you! Mine are exactly the same. 27 weeks Saturday and I’m like an old lady getting out of bed first thing til they come around a bit!

All these aches and pains will be worth it ladies when we have our little ones here 😍😍
Absolutely. Best feeling in the world 🥰 I’m literally counting down the days until she’s in my arms and the thought of seeing my partner hold his first child, his baby girl for the first time honest to god melts my heart ♥ I could cry now thinking about it. Even at the moment when he just feels her kick in my belly it makes me well up. He’s been an amazing step dad to my son and to watch him become a daddy is the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Absolutely. Best feeling in the world 🥰 I’m literally counting down the days until she’s in my arms and the thought of seeing my partner hold his first child, his baby girl for the first time honest to god melts my heart ♥ I could cry now thinking about it. Even at the moment when he just feels her kick in my belly it makes me well up. He’s been an amazing step dad to my son and to watch him become a daddy is the best.
Ahhh that's really sweet! Such a lovely thing to hear ♥ my husband really struggled when our son was born but he's so good with him now he's a toddler, hoping he's okay this time.round now he's used to what a massive change its going to be xx

Ahhh that's really sweet! Such a lovely thing to hear ♥ my husband really struggled when our son was born but he's so good with him now he's a toddler, hoping he's okay this time.round now he's used to what a massive change its going to be xx
Ohhhh me and my husband nearly broke up when our son was born. He really struggled. Worked away and home weekends so I was very much set in my ways which wouldn't have helped. A year on and he finally spoke to me about it and he had PND amongst other things. He is amazing now but I hope its the same when baby 2 is here 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Reactions: 2
I was convinced this was gonna happen to me 🙈

When I was waiting for my 20 week scan I overheard a lady telling someone that she’d been told girl at a private scan, but then had just been told it was a boy at the nhs one.
I’ve booked a private scan for today will keep you updated 😂

Reactions: 2
Ohhhh me and my husband nearly broke up when our son was born. He really struggled. Worked away and home weekends so I was very much set in my ways which wouldn't have helped. A year on and he finally spoke to me about it and he had PND amongst other things. He is amazing now but I hope its the same when baby 2 is here 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Ahhh we were the same, I told him I thought he has PND and to go to the drs for help but he wouldn't, he would really struggle and randomly cry,
It's hard isn't it, I never heard of men having PND before getting pregnant everything is always based on the woman/child I do think there should be more awareness and groups for men as it must be hard especially if the woman is breastfeeding 🙈 my husband would just break down and cry it was awful, fingers crossed for both of us this time will be different for our partners🤞🤞🤞xx

• Sad
Did you ladies gain much weight in your first trimester? I’ve put on 2kg and my doctor commented on it this morning 😭 Is that too much? My diet has been pretty poor because of nausea and food aversions but I’m just panicking about the weight gain now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.