Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lexle

Well I’m just waiting to be discharged from hospital. Spent my evening here hooked up to a drip after having severe dehydration and ketones. Ended up collapsing after having an anti sickness injection and they also think I need antibiotics for a water infection too 😩 Can’t wait to be home and in my own bed!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
So i just got my first scan letter. Its not for another 3 weeks! Ill be 13+5. Seems like ages away but at least baby should be a good size and i think id like to book a private scan at 16 or 17 weeks, so wont be long to wait for that one😁

Also, i looked up nct classes last night as my friend was recommending them. I know i talked about them on here before and wasnt convinced. Turns out the classes take place over 17 hours across 4 sessions. First 2 are 10-4, third session is on breastfeeding and fourth session is a meet up once babies are born. I like to book it, but was hoping to after my 12 week scan. May see if i can provisionally hold a place. Maybe.. Sounds like it would be useful and then also some of the free baby workshops you lovely ladies have recommended.
Ill basically take all the help and knowledge 😊

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Holy moly, I’m having a big whack of braxton hicks 😬😬😬 (my husband calls them branston pickles 🙄) So blooming uncomfortable.

• Heart

Ilando

VIP Member
If anyone’s partner is questioning their eating habits then this should make you feel better.

After months of sickness and massive weight loss, I’m now feeling a lot better.

So far today in between cereal and a sandwich, I’ve eaten a family sized bag of salt and vinegar quavers and accidentally eaten 3 kitkats 😆🤦‍♀️

My consultant is monitoring my weight after losing 2.5 stone in the first trimester. Don’t think he’s going to be so concerned when I see him next month. He’ll probably wonder how or earth I could have regained it so quickly!

• Haha
  • Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Currently on antenatal ward, worst nights sleep going thanks to lady next to me snoring all night long.
35 week and waters went yesterday, due to be induced today. Hope baby will be ok, that’s my major concern.
Good luck, hope you and baby are well.

Seriously how have all you guys coped through pregnancy. Only being in my 6th week all I’ve done is be sick, or felt really sick all day long, need to nap, got emotional, had cramping, had spotting, feared for mc, had high blood pressure. And its only the 6th week. 🙃

• Heart

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Why do I think I can still do anything at 35 weeks preg? Just been for a walk which was going to be 4 miles... 3 miles in and I had to get my husband to go home and get the car 🙄 my bump was sooo tight it felt like a stitch! Think the poor guy thought I was going into labour 😂 I’ve come home, had tea and cake and feel much better now. Still lots of tightening but I’m sure it’s just braxton hicks

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Been feeling wee flutters in my belly especially when I lie down at night, could be baby ,could be wind...who even knows at this stage 😂

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
So my midwife was referring me for a growth scan after my appointment yesterday but never contacted me with the details, so called the hospital today to be told I have a scan in 3 hours! Went to it and the sonographer was so horrible 😩 she made me feel so guilty for going and kept questioning why I was referred and how there was "clearly no issues with the growth" and saying I've wasted my time going etc. Ugh

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
I received my NHS email with my first midwife appointment which is next week over the phone, 😀. Yay glad to get the ball rolling.

• Heart

Nursty

VIP Member
Blood tests are this Friday and im waiting to get a letter with a date for my 12 week scan. Very much excited. 😁

Anyone elses partners taking an interest in what you eat?😝

So far today i have eaten:

Brekkie- cereal with fruit and a decaf tea
Snacks- pear, kiwi, apple
Lunch- lettuce, cucumber, some over chips and an oven breaded chicken. Two drinks and a decaff tea. Tiny bit of chocolate.

Got judged for eating 'freezer food' 🙈🙊🙉

Having couscous for dinner. Gimme a break! Haha
You're doing well! He'd be shocked at my current diet 🤣
Im 11+1. So far today I've managed a crumpet, a nice biscuit and a slice of toast.
Yesterday I had a crumpet, a McDonald's cheeseburger and a slice of toast.
Crumpets and toast are my daily staples and not much else stays down. When I do fancy something it's usually a cheeseburger 😂
About 4 days ago I was having a particularly good day and I had 4 strawberries! Vision of health over here 🙈

Reactions: 7

Kitt

VIP Member
How annoying are some women who’ve had babies a long while ago so aren’t in the know about current health recommendations? My mom is doing my head in.

I said I’m gonna get a pregnancy pillow cause i keep waking up on my back. My mom said ‘what’s wrong with that?’ I explained. She said ‘sorry but I must’ve slept on my back loads when pregnant.’ Ok good for you but I’m sure lots of women also did and weren’t so lucky.

I also explained about baby needing to lie flat when sleeping so needing a flat pushchair and she was snooty about that. I’m gonna have to be strict on her when baby is born to make sure she’s following what I say should be done not what she thinks she knows best. I’m just glad my husband doesn’t see his parents so I don’t have MIL putting her 2 cents in as well. 🙄

Kitt

VIP Member
Oof had a bit of a down / hormonal weekend. Think the sickness returning has knocked me back a bit but also for some reason, Zoella’s announcement that she’s pregnant has cause me some aggro.

Firstly she’s able to know at 12 weeks that she’s having a girl. Now for this I can admit it’s pure jealousy. We’re finding out what we’re having on 23rd March and I’m just desperate to know at this point so I just got stroppy about that lol

Then in her thread everyone was saying how she’s had good timing cause her baby is due in September cause babies born in September do better in school. All I’ve ever heard when I tell people my baby is due august 30th is ‘oh you best hope baby is late, august babies don’t do well in school!’ And all this shit. It’s not like I can control when baby decides to arrive!

Also in her new video, Zoe is annoyingly sucking a sweet the whole time and food noises wind me up.Someone said it was for sickness, I said she could’ve managed without for the time she was filming that clip. And someone said you mustn’t know what it’s like to be pregnant and sick then!! Oooh the cheek. If only she knew.

so yeah I needed that rant. Basically I’m just a moany bitch but everything’s got to me this weekend!

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
What’s annoying and worrying about some symptoms like spotting and cramping is that it’s considered normal but also a potential symptom of mc. So everything could be fine or the worst could be happening. Always best to check just for peace of mind.

Just spoke to work and I’m going back in on Monday. They’re like ‘are you sure?’ And being super nice. I’m just a bit fed up of sitting at home feeling useless and now I’ve seen baby is good and measuring past 12 weeks I just want to get on with it and keep going. (Will regret this when alarm goes off on Monday!)

Tui

VIP Member
I have never once had anyone discuss labour and birth or anything like that with me, over 4 pregnancies. No chat at all about it.
I just think it’s piss poor. They wonder why so many women have negative birth experiences yet many will be totally unprepared for labour and birth and what to expect because some midwives do fuck all to help them. I paid for NCT classes but they were a couple of hundred quid, due to COVID (and presumably a lack of resources/desire to provide anything virtually) there is no free NHS equivalent in Greater Manchester right now that I am aware of and I’ve been looked after by two different community midwifery teams due to moving house. I’ve bought numerous books and paid for the PBC digital pack. I’m fortunate to have the money for all of these things but not every mum does and it makes me so fucking mad that some midwives seem to put zero effort in. I feel so let down as I try really hard to help patients understand and feel in control and that they have choices and yet none of that courtesy is being extended to me now I need it.

• Heart

Tui

VIP Member
If my midwife appointments were over the telephone there would literally be no point. All they care about is urine, BP and ask me about movements. I'm 37 weeks on Friday and they haven't discussed labour/birth with me yet, never mind feeding and postnatal care. Their consultation style is dire.

• Sad
  • Wow

Sw4

VIP Member
I’m just using normal body butter / body creams for my skin at the moment. Just finished my Soap and Glory body butter this morning. Do you think that sort of thing will do the job or should I invest in some burts bees or something similar made for pregnant tummies?
From what I've read, you can't really prevent stretch marks from occurring. I'm adding a few drops of bio oil onto my normal body butters and so far haven't got any stretch marks but I do have tons on my bum from puberty growth spurts...so I am expecting them to develop at some point.

I feel disgusting drinking full fat coke at 7.30am but it's the only thing that helps the sickness!! 18 weeks on Saturday and still being sick the joys!!!!!

• Sad

Tui

VIP Member
I’m quite excited about restrictions lifting but that’s because I’m nearly at the end. Really want to be able to see my friends and introduce my baby to them after he arrives next month. However if I was earlier on in pregnancy I would find all of this very worrying as I’d feel quite torn