Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. The dishwasher was the cause of my first sickness (dirty dishes from the Chinese the night before) I don’t think I’ll be having another Chinese anytime soon. I am just hoping once the sickness eases the excitement I had at the beginning returns.
It is so hard to feel excited when you feel so horrendous all the time. With my 3rd baby it was my first case of really bad sickness, and I remember I was about 24 weeks before I felt any excitement at all, because of just feeling so rubbish all the time.

If your sickness keeps up, make sure you don’t just keep suffering. Talk to your GP and they can prescribe you medication if that’s what you would like x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is so random but has any one had or know anyone that their gender scan has been wrong? I had one at 16
Weeks am 20 weeks on Sunday and got my scan then so I’m intrigued to see if it’s still a boy 😂😂😂. I had my girl 4 years ago and they were right both times then but I’ve seen online sometimes they are wrong. Just wondered if anyone had a personal experience

Omg same I had it with last pregnancy too. So heavy all the time even weeing hurts

Yess. 😂 My first I was told at my 20 week scan, it was a girl. Told at every single growth scan its a girl until my 36 week growth scan they said oh.. A girl? Pretty sure it's a boy. And I now have an 8 year old boy 😂

It is very very very rare they get it wrong the other way around though

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Has anyone had a smear test whilst pregnant? I've had a letter today to say I'm overdue (first I've heard) and should contact them as soon as possible. I've read mixed things. Wondering if better to go now than after!

Has anyone had a smear test whilst pregnant? I've had a letter today to say I'm overdue (first I've heard) and should contact them as soon as possible. I've read mixed things. Wondering if better to go now than after!
You can't have them whilst pregnant. You have to wait until 12 weeks after

Reactions: 5
Can't get it done because your cervix is shut, you need to get it after the baby's born (I'm sure it's 3 months after), I got mine saying it's overdue but my GP said just call after your babys born and they'll book you in! X

Can't get it done because your cervix is shut, you need to get it after the baby's born (I'm sure it's 3 months after), I got mine saying it's overdue but my GP said just call after your babys born and they'll book you in! X
Thank you both. I wasn't sure but I will call to confirm I will be waiting. One website said it was ok whilst another recommended not to x

I am 8 weeks with my first pregnancy. The constant sick feeling and intense sense of smell is really getting me down. I never realised how bad pretty much everything smells. Just thinking about the bin in the morning can start sickness.
Oh god, the smells! I always thought they exaggerates in films but I was genuinely not able to go in the kitchen for the first 12 weeks and still can't even look at a bin or the dishwasher! I also had phantom smells that really got under my nose but I couldn't work out what it was. Am 19 weeks and still get it some days! My partner thinks I'm mental searching and sniffing for something that smells like 'mouldy cucumber' or a 'burnt tea' 🤣

Reactions: 5
Hi there, not pregnant but 39 yrs and want to start trying. Came off Cerezette 3 months ago and still no period. I’ve read a mixture of responses on other sites where people got pregnant within a month/ didn’t have a period for a year etc... Has anyone else previously been on Cerezette? How long did it take to get pregnant after coming off?

Definitely not while pregnant. Mine is overdue, due to Covid, and my consultant reminded me at an appointment I need to wait 3 months after birth and then get it done ASAP.

Reactions: 2
Thank you! Must remember to not only read the top option on Google!
Im so surprised to see that! I think with my first baby I was also due a smear when pregnant and they made a big thing of reminding me to get it done after birth. That’s really interesting to see such different advice.

Struggling so much with work, unreasonable workloads, ton of last minute deadlines, understaffed, working with morons, crap boss who hasn’t acknowledged me since telling him I’m pregnant apart from having a go at me when I’m overwhelmed, and just a tit ton of stress.

I’ve cried hysterically every day for the last few days. I’m now 30 weeks, planning on working until 39 weeks as don’t want to use much maternity leave before baby is born.

Trying to put things in perspective, I work in media so it’s really not life or death, but good god you wouldn’t think so the way people react. Sorry just wanted a moan. 😬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Im so surprised to see that! I think with my first baby I was also due a smear when pregnant and they made a big thing of reminding me to get it done after birth. That’s really interesting to see such different advice.
Yeah I think I'd rather avoid if possible, especially as people with actual experience have been advised to not have it

Reactions: 1
Yeah I think I'd rather avoid if possible, especially as people with actual experience have been advised to not have it
I’ve never been given a reason as to why it’s not advised, but I imagine part of it is infection risk, partly to do with cervical changes during pregnancy as well, but perhaps someone with more knowledge would know more detail!

Oh god this sounds horrible, you poor thing! Hope you can get some physio, I think they’re still open at the moment right? Will your work pay for any work station adjustments you need....?
Thank you for your reply I’m ok I work at he if I want things like chair etc then I could order off the internet and they just pay for it I work for a really big company which is reassuring. I went out today had a bit of a walk and pushed through the initial pain and felt a bit better I think I am going to have to force myself to get up and move more. Just be careful if you think you have something like this definitely ring the doctor the physio is open and I have had a referral letter already wonder if it will actually work xx

I’ve had to undo my jeans because my tummy gets so big in the afternoons! How embarrassing. Luckily got a big jumper on so it covers it but my jeans are undone at work lol. Ordered maternity jeans earlier thank god lol
I have started to get bigger now I can’t wear jeans mainly just stretchy things how cute you will have to do a review of the maternity jeans I am intrigued x

Hi there, not pregnant but 39 yrs and want to start trying. Came off Cerezette 3 months ago and still no period. I’ve read a mixture of responses on other sites where people got pregnant within a month/ didn’t have a period for a year etc... Has anyone else previously been on Cerezette? How long did it take to get pregnant after coming off?
Hey I am
Not an expert on coming off the pill as I haven’t taken it since I was around 23 and it took me a long time to conceive however I did have very irregular periods I think if you don’t get one soon I would contact your doctor to get a second opinion as this could need investigation or may need additional drugs to help you ovulate depending on their response. I only have this information as I was due to start fertility treatment and this is what I heard from friends/ doctor. I do think three moments isn’t that long but also I wouldn’t wait around as it might mither you even more xx

Last edited:
Hey I am
Not an expert on coming off the pill as I haven’t taken it since I was around 23 and it took me a long time to conceive however I did have very irregular periods I think if you don’t get one soon I would contact your doctor to get a second opinion as this could need investigation or may need additional drugs to help you ovulate depending on their response. I only have this information as I was due to start fertility treatment and this is what I heard from friends/ doctor. I do think three moments isn’t that long but also I wouldn’t wait around as it might mither you even more xx
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I know I probably sound very impatient but obvs time isn’t on my side and the Cerazette was my medication for endometriosis. I will sit tight and wait!

Last edited:
Hey I am
Thank you! I know I probably sound very impatient but obvs time isn’t on my side and the Cerazette was my medication for endometriosis. I will sit tight and wait!
[/QUOTE]
I have pcos and potentially endo I really know how horrible it is genuinely. I didn’t take the pill because it really messed with me and I decided to not take it once I learnt more about pcos. Give it more time it took me a long time to conceive and I am 30 definitely see your doctor especially if it is weighing on your mental health. I waited too long to investigate so glad I started the process as it actually stopped me stressing because I was hopeful I would get help and answers. Maybe try taking folic acid or proceve vitamins and I wish you the best of luck I’m sure all the ladies in here do too xx

Reactions: 4
I started another thread for this a few days ago but actually it’s probably better to ask on here!

I mentioned before that my job was at risk of redundancy - I applied for an internal secondment in another department, and then was told my current job is secure (yay!). I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do about the new job, but I’ve now passed the first stage and have been invited to an interview next week.

I really don’t know what to do... if I wasn’t pregnant I’d 100% want to do it. But part of me is wondering if it’s a bit much to take on a new job at the moment - the past few weeks have been tough with sickness/tiredness and I’m wondering how I’ll feel as the months pass. The new job is a higher workload than my current job and so I don’t know if I’ll regret it when I could just stay in my current job and chill out! But I’m also looking at it from a career progression side, in that this might be more of a long term role for when I’m back from mat leave.

I know ultimately I have to make the decision but just wondering if anyone has any advice? I haven’t told family/friends yet so I’ve just been mulling it over myself for the past week!

I started another thread for this a few days ago but actually it’s probably better to ask on here!

I mentioned before that my job was at risk of redundancy - I applied for an internal secondment in another department, and then was told my current job is secure (yay!). I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do about the new job, but I’ve now passed the first stage and have been invited to an interview next week.

I really don’t know what to do... if I wasn’t pregnant I’d 100% want to do it. But part of me is wondering if it’s a bit much to take on a new job at the moment - the past few weeks have been tough with sickness/tiredness and I’m wondering how I’ll feel as the months pass. The new job is a higher workload than my current job and so I don’t know if I’ll regret it when I could just stay in my current job and chill out! But I’m also looking at it from a career progression side, in that this might be more of a long term role for when I’m back from mat leave.

I know ultimately I have to make the decision but just wondering if anyone has any advice? I haven’t told family/friends yet so I’ve just been mulling it over myself for the past week!
Sorry it’s me who responds first but I am wide awake tonight 🤪 my advice is do you actually want the job yes or no? Will it fulfil you in the way you want satisfaction money enjoyment etc? I think if they are considering you they think you can do it which says to me you are ready for a step up also what do you have to lose if you don’t get it your job is safe and you can chill. If you do get it think how good it will feel. I am comfy in my job I cba to try and climb at the moment I know I am going to have to side step to go up. The only thing I would think is that if it’s a secondment depending how long for they will then also need to replace you once you go on may leave end your old job will be taken by someone else potentially x

I’m 35+5 and I cried today because soon I won’t be pregnant anymore.
for someone that never even thought about kids before this surprise pregnancy I can’t believe how much I’ve enjoyed the pregnancy despite it being complicated and having GD.
I have also loved this special time with my partner just the two of us. Of course I don’t want to be pregnant forever but I wish I could hold on to this for a little longer x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.