Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Wophie just caught up a bit and congratulations to you as well. Also sending you lots of solidarity. Please feel free to DM me if you need to chat x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi guys, sorry I’m not at all caught up
I’m the thread. It’s been a crazy few hours, but baby boy TreeTrunks was born by Caesarean section under general anaesthetic at 7:30pm on 27/8, 12 weeks and 2 days early weighing just under 2lbs. He’s in NICU and doing well. A little jaundiced but otherwise good. 🙂 He’s on tubes to eat and breathe but that me all normal for his gestation. So I’m trying to keep positive. I got to see him for the first time this morning when they wheeled my bed to NICU. He is tiny but absolutely perfect 💙 he got here safely so that’s one of the biggest hurdles down. I’m ok just recovering from the section, and lost a fair bit of blood apparently, also all the morphine just making me feel like a space cadet.

I’m hoping by later today I’ll be able to walk up and see him on my own. Xx
Congratulations! Glad he’s here safe and wishing yoI a speedy recovery 💗

• Heart
I’m the thread. It’s been a crazy few hours, but baby boy TreeTrunks was born by Caesarean section under general anaesthetic at 7:30pm on 27/8, 12 weeks and 2 days early weighing just under 2lbs. He’s in NICU and doing well. A little jaundiced but otherwise good. 🙂 He’s on tubes to eat and breathe but that me all normal for his gestation. So I’m trying to keep positive. I got to see him for the first time this morning when they wheeled my bed to NICU. He is tiny but absolutely perfect 💙 he got here safely so that’s one of the biggest hurdles down. I’m ok just recovering from the section, and lost a fair bit of blood apparently, also all the morphine just making me feel like a space cadet.

Congratulations my lovely ❤❤❤❤

• Heart
@TreeTrunksApplePie - glad to hear he arrived safely and hope you’ll feel better soon so you can spend more time with him. All these babies arriving is making me quite emotional! Good luck to @Blue1989 for your induction later. Hope all is well with you @Wophie x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@TreeTrunksApplePie - glad to hear he arrived safely and hope you’ll feel better soon so you can spend more time with him. All these babies arriving is making me quite emotional! Good luck to @Blue1989 for your induction later. Hope all is well with you @Wophie x
Same for me! I dreamed I was breastfeeding my baby last night and I was a bit sad to wake up and find it's not true! Although I expect the real life experience is likely to be a bit more painful 😅

Oh you've just knocked some sense into me! I have spent the last couple of weeks moaning about various things but this is going to be my last pregnancy too so I should really be trying to enjoy it and soak up every minute 🥰
It’s hard though isn’t it. I’ve never been sick at all with my last 2, this one I’m suffering with a combination of something reflux-y/nausea and sickness 🙈 whilst running around after 2 others! But yes, definitely trying to make the most as it does make me emotional to think this is it!

I just teared up reading this! 🥹 Congratulations! I’m so glad to hear you are both doing well! Lots of love to you both and wishing you a speedy recovery! ❤ Science and medicine is truly truly amazing! xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Oh congratulations, so pleased he arrived safely and you’re both doing ok. Long may it continue ❤ Hope you get to spend lots of time with him xx

• Heart
I have an inner ear infection and I’m using ear drops, if so painfu
So I was right, baby Wophie was born today at 15:15 weighing 7lbs 4oz via vaginal delivery. 16 hour labour and managed on just gas and air until 9cm dialated.

I spent from 11pm yesterday until 5am today at home with cramps until they turned into regular contractions. Got told to come into triage and as we don't drive we'd be allowed to then stay in regardless of how progressed I was. I was only 2cm and spent 3 hours labouring in triage on a trace due to his heart rate dropping during a vaginal examination which wasn't fun. I think because I spent that time being active the trace wasn't picking up my contractions well, as an absolute witch of a midwife that just started shift told me to go home on the bus as I was in early labour and not in enough pain, and refused to even examine me?!
I just loitered in the hospital grounds until I got to the point I was squatting and mooing in maternity reception so took myself back into triage after only and hour and voila I'm 4cm! Moved to CLU where I progressed to 9cm in about 2 hours (so a big 🖕🏻 to the mean midwife from triage) where I laboured on all fours with gas and air and finally got my epidural at 9cm. Two hours later I pushed out beautiful baby boy out in 15 minutes.

I have to stay in tonight and unfortunately baby boy has been taken down to NICU intensive care as his oxygen levels aren't great and has suspected infection. He's stable and doing well, but I'm devistated as this is exactly what happened with my daughter 3 years ago so I really blame my body. I'm up on the postnatal ward alone hoping to get some sleep and will go see him first thing in the morning, but my heart breaks not having him by my side
Congratulations 🥰 Sending loads of love to you and your baby boy ❤

Ohhhh!!! Congratulations ☺☺ I hope you are doing okay? and your baby boy ❤

Well today is the day ladies. Induction at 7pm.
So exciting! Goodluck 🥰🥰

Does anyone else read from the last page on the thread and just go back to read? I do it all the time but it literally makes no sense 😂

I am 20 weeks today! halfway there ☺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hi everyone, I’ve not been on here since my last post, I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies to my gender disappointment worries xx

Scan went well apart from baby not changing position so we have to go back this week, but absolutely delighted she is a girl 💖 I know I would have loved a boy just the same but I’d be lying if said I wasn’t smiling like a Cheshire Cat ever since! Balled my eyes out! X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi everyone,
First time posting on this thread. Found out a week ago that I’m around 5 weeks pregnant, nearly 6 now. I’m over the moon but I’m so anxious just incase something goes wrong and it’s crippling me. I got sent home from work today because I was spotting and couldn’t stop crying my eyes out and having a panic attack thinking the worst has happened. Is spotting/bleeding normal? Online it says it can be normal but I’m just driving myself insane. I called the early pregnancy unit and the lady told me to wait a week and take another pregnancy test which just increased my anxiety by about 100x. I feel terrified and alone and have no idea where to turn. I’m mid 20s so not many of my friends can relate at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi everyone,
First time posting on this thread. Found out a week ago that I’m around 5 weeks pregnant, nearly 6 now. I’m over the moon but I’m so anxious just incase something goes wrong and it’s crippling me. I got sent home from work today because I was spotting and couldn’t stop crying my eyes out and having a panic attack thinking the worst has happened. Is spotting/bleeding normal? Online it says it can be normal but I’m just driving myself insane. I called the early pregnancy unit and the lady told me to wait a week and take another pregnancy test which just increased my anxiety by about 100x. I feel terrified and alone and have no idea where to turn. I’m mid 20s so not many of my friends can relate at the moment.
Didn't want to read and run... Big hugs to you. It's a scary place to be when it's so early, such a big range of emotions to navigate.

Please don't think the worst, spotting can be completely normal at this stage, I spotted on and off between 5 and 10 weeks and everything is fine.

Unfortunately at this stage health professionals are very matter of fact which isn't reassuring but at the same time unfortunately not much can be done if things do go wrong.

Keep posting on here if it helps. I found support by posting on a few different forums and apps and found others at the same stage.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone,
I think if you go back through every single one of the pregnancy threads, you will find spotting and bleeding mentioned on them all, which shows how common it is.
There's no way of telling if it's normal or not. However, I've had 4 pregnancies and had spotting in every single one between 4/5 and 8ish weeks
I've had a scan with 2 of them and it was confirmed it was leftover blood from implantation along with the foetus burying deeper into your lining.
There are many other reasons too.

The main thing to look out for is pain and bright red blood. Especially if it gets heavier.

When I had a miscarriage, my pregnancy test was positive for almost 6 weeks after.
So telling you to take one in a week is a little unhelpful. And it did give me false hope when I was going through mine!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Well my vomiting spell last night was clearly a fluke thank god as I’ve just devoured a big roast chicken and gammon dinner and apple crumble and custard 🐷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.