Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who else is crying at the drop of the hat? 😂 I’m a fairly emotional person but even I can recognise that these breakdowns I am having must be down to hormones!

Off the back of my last post we have decided to set up some stuff for the baby anyway and it’s really not that big of a deal to move a cosleeper for a day while the carpet gets done… 🙃 it actually helps to talk things through with your significant other apparently

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Eeek !!! Our private scan is tomorrow, so nervous/scared/excited! Really hope everything is okay in there !!

We will be 9 weeks tomorrow and from their website it sounds like it will be a transvaginal scan? When booking the appointment I’m sure I read something about needing a half full bladder or something but I honestly can’t remember or find it now! Does anyone know?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Eeek !!! Our private scan is tomorrow, so nervous/scared/excited! Really hope everything is okay in there !!

We will be 9 weeks tomorrow and from their website it sounds like it will be a transvaginal scan? When booking the appointment I’m sure I read something about needing a half full bladder or something but I honestly can’t remember or find it now! Does anyone know?
It's not usually transvaginal at 9 weeks but just be prepared just incase 😊
They attempted a normal ultrasound when I was 6 weeks but because I was earlier than that, it ended up being TV.
But usually 9 weeks, they go straight for normal

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It's not usually transvaginal at 9 weeks but just be prepared just incase 😊
They attempted a normal ultrasound when I was 6 weeks but because I was earlier than that, it ended up being TV.
But usually 9 weeks, they go straight for normal
I had a scan at 10 weeks, they tried external first but couldn't see anything so did TV

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@anything at all I had an emergency scan at 7 weeks. Was told to empty my bladder when I got there because the receptionist said 💯 it’ll be TV. Smears are actively painful for me and when I told the sonographer she said we could try an external first. With an empty bladder and at 7 weeks, I had a really clear scan, I think they can work with you x

• Heart

I had an external at 8 weeks and 10 weeks - varies person to person & where you go 🤗 I’m positive the sonographer would rather do external if they can but go prepared for both. Wishing you all the best❤

• Heart

I’m sure you’ll be happy with whatever gives you the clearest picture particularly if you’re paying for it. I’m not sure if you’ve had another scan ahead of this one but it may be you’re not as far along as you imagine which may make it harder with an external scan.

I believe TV is better for earlier scans and you’ll need an empty bladder for them - when I had emergency scans at the EPAU they want you to completely empty your bladder.

• Heart

I had 3 trans vaginal scans before 12 weeks, 2 private 1 NHS. Don’t worry about how full/not full your bladder is. The nurse usually directs you to the toilet to empty your bladder before they take you in for the scan 😊

• Heart
I had 3 trans vaginal scans before 12 weeks, 2 private 1 NHS. Don’t worry about how full/not full your bladder is. The nurse usually directs you to the toilet to empty your bladder before they take you in for the scan 😊
TV scan with a full bladder is no joke, the first time I had one I went to the loo but it was really warm and I was nervous so constantly drinking water so it filled up again by the time we got started 😅 and all the moving around they had to do to check my ovaries etc was a bit yikes

Who else is crying at the drop of the hat? 😂 I’m a fairly emotional person but even I can recognise that these breakdowns I am having must be down to hormones!

Off the back of my last post we have decided to set up some stuff for the baby anyway and it’s really not that big of a deal to move a cosleeper for a day while the carpet gets done… 🙃 it actually helps to talk things through with your significant other apparently
Oh I wish mine had the same mentality... I've literally made spaces for everything yet he still won't get things down from the loft 😢

Haven't been on here much, babies take up all of your attention and time.. who knew 😅. But just got a bit emotional that I started in the TTC thread, then this one where I looked forward to moving down all the weeks each new thread and on the next one I'll have to click that she's here. I feel like the first 12 weeks of pregnancy lasted 5 years and since then it's been 2 days and now I almost have a 3 week old!
This probably makes no sense, I'm tired, emotional and rambling 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Haven't been on here much, babies take up all of your attention and time.. who knew 😅. But just got a bit emotional that I started in the TTC thread, then this one where I looked forward to moving down all the weeks each new thread and on the next one I'll have to click that she's here. I feel like the first 12 weeks of pregnancy lasted 5 years and since then it's been 2 days and now I almost have a 3 week old!
This probably makes no sense, I'm tired, emotional and rambling 😂
I feel you on this! I feel like I've blinked and my youngest is now 3 months, it's crazy. May or may not persuade knobwaffle to cancel his snip appt as I need another newborn to fulfil me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel you on this! I feel like I've blinked and my youngest is now 3 months, it's crazy. May or may not persuade knobwaffle to cancel his snip appt as I need another newborn to fulfil me :ROFLMAO:
I've said since TTC that we'd only have one and it was a rubbish pregnancy and horrendous birth so I'd be mad to do it again but I already want to! Don't want KW anywhere near me tho 🙅🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
thanks for the reassurance on my tests everyone, midwife texted today and said apart from a UTI everything looks perfect. Bit surprised about the UTI though as I have had a couple before (not for a while fortunately) which were total agony, and I feel completely fine in that regard at the moment. Is this a pregnancy thing?

Reactions: 3
thanks for the reassurance on my tests everyone, midwife texted today and said apart from a UTI everything looks perfect. Bit surprised about the UTI though as I have had a couple before (not for a while fortunately) which were total agony, and I feel completely fine in that regard at the moment. Is this a pregnancy thing?
Yes! It’s called a stealth UTI, I had one too at my first appointment and they’re really common in pregnancy. I had the same reaction as you 😂 “but I feel fine!”

It happens quite a lot in pregnancy.
I had 3 this time with zero symptoms 😂

Had my first growth scan this morning which went well, he’s tracking against the 50th percentile and my placenta seems to be working just as it should too. Feels very reassuring to have these extra scans. He’s not currently head down, he’s lying across my tummy which explains why the movements have been a little random. Sonographer said there’s plenty of time for him to move.

Hope everyone else having scans soon have positive outcomes x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Had my dating scan earlier, baby was in awkward position so lots of star jumps and squats needed which was fun in the heat! But all looking good so far, due date 20th Jan 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.