Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg can’t believe I’m writing this but need to get it out as in shock! After my miscarriage in May I’ve found out I’m pregnant today 😱 one thing I learnt last time and learnt from this thread is to take it day by day so I am going to try remain positive during this pregnancy and hope for the best 🤞🏻 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 38
thanks for the reassurance on my tests everyone, midwife texted today and said apart from a UTI everything looks perfect. Bit surprised about the UTI though as I have had a couple before (not for a while fortunately) which were total agony, and I feel completely fine in that regard at the moment. Is this a pregnancy thing?
Yep I had a UTI for pretty much the entire 9 months of my pregnancy with zero symptoms 😂 as soon as I finished the antibiotics it would come back so in the end I was on a constant course of them. At the end I thought maybe I always had a UTI but no one had ever checked before lol… I probably would still have one now if they tested my wee 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Omg can’t believe I’m writing this but need to get it out as in shock! After my miscarriage in May I’ve found out I’m pregnant today 😱 one thing I learnt last time and learnt from this thread is to take it day by day so I am going to try remain positive during this pregnancy and hope for the best 🤞🏻 🥺
congratulations!💗

• Heart
Reactions: 2
this makes me happy ❤ I have everything crossed for you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Congratulations ❤ all you can do is try to stay positive and take it day by day. Just remember to be kind to yourself, it's not an easy process.

• Heart
So I’ve been knocked back with housing… I was number 3 on list but because I’m not “homeless” ie in homeless accommodation I’ve been moved back to number 44 which seems a joke when I’m 6 months pregnant? Everyone’s telling me to go homeless but I can’t 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Im so pleased for you! 🥰

So I’ve been knocked back with housing… I was number 3 on list but because I’m not “homeless” ie in homeless accommodation I’ve been moved back to number 44 which seems a joke when I’m 6 months pregnant? Everyone’s telling me to go homeless but I can’t 😭
If you go 'homeless' you will be put into a hostel by the council. And be right near the top of the list. Only takes a few weeks usually.
For as long as you're in the place you're in, you're seen as not needing anywhere so will keep going down places

It may be worthwhile contacting Women's Aid. I know your not in a domestic violence situation, but you have previously mentioned its toxic.
Unfortunately the council will see you as suitably housed, even if you were to declare yourself homeless you would be classed as intentionally homeless as they don't care for the full circumstances of why your homeless unless you have other sectors involved.
Social housing stock is in such short supply they're doing it to everybody Unfortunately
Avoid citizens advice, speak with Shelter & Women's Aid, your local council may also be able to help with a deposit on a private rented accommodation.

Congratulations! 🤍🌈

Guys how hot can you have your bath? I have googled it and it said to not let your temperature get past 37c but I don’t know how hot to have the bath 🤣 I did try putting the bath at 37 and it felt cold!

Guys how hot can you have your bath? I have googled it and it said to not let your temperature get past 37c but I don’t know how hot to have the bath 🤣 I did try putting the bath at 37 and it felt cold!
I have a bath daily and aslong as I’m not lowering myself into it bit by bit then I know it’s not too hot. I drink plenty of cold fluids and if I feel overheated I put cold in immediately or sit up out of the water until I’ve cooled down and add colder water 🤗

I had no idea about this! Not much chance of me having a hot bath in the current weather but maybe I need a bath thermometer now.

What with this and the UTI stuff every day is a school day!

I do wonder how many of these pregnancy rules we get so fixated on are actually true 😂 I have friends who didn’t even know about the whole hot bath thing and have perfectly healthy babies!

Reactions: 6
I do wonder how many of these pregnancy rules we get so fixated on are actually true 😂 I have friends who didn’t even know about the whole hot bath thing and have perfectly healthy babies!
There’s so many things like that, and thinking about it really eases my anxiety.

My Nan was diagnosed pints of Guinness for anaemia when she was pregnant with my dad, and he’s fit as a fiddle and in his 60s now! No one advised women to limit caffeine in the 80s/90s when most of us here were likely born, I was manic about caffeine in my first trimester, but my doctor friend ignored the limits (but just didn’t go mad) and has had 3 healthy pregnancies.

Different countries even have different recommendations. In france they can still eat pate and the cheeses we’re told not to.

I still stick to whatever guidelines the NHS currently gives, but I don’t panic about things I accidentally do anymore.

Reactions: 6
I have my first dinner out with friends on Thursday that I’m a bit apprehensive about it … a big part of our friendship is driven from our love of good food and wine. We are going to dinner at a restaurant where we always order exactly the same thing every time: red wine and steak (served rare) 🤣🤣🤣

I’m going to be rumbled immediately - I got rumbled three times in my first pregnancy - I’ve genuinely no ability to keep things under my hat whatsoever.

anyine else?!

There’s so many things like that, and thinking about it really eases my anxiety.

My Nan was diagnosed pints of Guinness for anaemia when she was pregnant with my dad, and he’s fit as a fiddle and in his 60s now! No one advised women to limit caffeine in the 80s/90s when most of us here were likely born, I was manic about caffeine in my first trimester, but my doctor friend ignored the limits (but just didn’t go mad) and has had 3 healthy pregnancies.

Different countries even have different recommendations. In france they can still eat pate and the cheeses we’re told not to.

I still stick to whatever guidelines the NHS currently gives, but I don’t panic about things I accidentally do anymore.
i have an energy drink a day but as for everything else I do stick to it even though I feel like some is silly I’m like hmmm do I really want to risk it?🤣 currently laid in the bath paranoid that it’s to hot so I keep putting cold water in. Oh how I can’t wait until babys here and I can bloody chill 😂

Basically as long as you're not going bright red and struggling to get in, you're fine 😊
The bath isn't so much of a worry as it drops in temperature and your body isn't at a constant high temp.

Oh amazing news girl I’m made up for you!! Been rooting for you hoping I’d see you back here x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.