Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey ladies, has anyone suffered with spd during pregnancy? Or sudden groin pain where it literally hurts to walk? X
i experienced it with my first, it hurt a little but often but hurt afterwords for a few weeks too… then with my second, i had occasional but excruciating pains.

Thank you! ❤❤

Baby William arrived at 2.05am this morning by a water birth weighing exactly 7lbs
He’s beautiful and perfect in every way… I’m so in love ❤🥰
Congrats! I also had my little one this morning at 1:20am!
Ended up with a section because I was not coping with the pain and the heat and my labour just wasn’t progressing. He has been rushed straight to a different hospital for an operation though so I’ve unfortunately been separated from him since 5am. The time I did spend with him was amazing though 🤍
we managed to give birth on one of the hottest days so far so well done you!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Ended up with a section because I was not coping with the pain and the heat and my labour just wasn’t progressing. He has been rushed straight to a different hospital for an operation though so I’ve unfortunately been separated from him since 5am. The time I did spend with him was amazing though 🤍
Congratulations and sending lots of love to you ❤❤❤ Being separated from your newborn is hell on earth I hope you are together soon xxxxx

Reactions: 2
Congratulations! Hope you are reunited very quickly x

Hi girlies, I posted about a month ago after I suffered a misscarriage. Found out a few days ago I’m pregnant again. Very excited but nervous x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Congratulations 🤍🤍🤍 hope you’re reunited soon xxx

Reactions: 1
12 week scan went well! All the worrying was for nothing again but the relief when you see everything is fine is lovely x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Have my 12 week scan tomorrow I’m so excited, can’t wait to see the difference since the private one we had at 9 weeks!

Btw I’m actually still so so shattered all the time, I know it varies but I thought at this point I would have started feeling a bit more normal. I was on holiday from work last week and all I did was sleep. Back 1 day yesterday and had a day off today, was up at 9 back to bed at 12 and napped until half 1. Up again for a bit and napped again 3-6 😱 I know it is normal but I’m worried I’m just getting lazy now but I just can’t help it I feel exhausted all the time!
Totally normal I think I'm asleep more than I'm awake! Get all the sleep in now while you can! Xx

Morning everyone. Does anyone have any book recommendations for partners/dads to be? My other half wants to do some reading up but doesn’t know where to start x

Hi looking some advice, have bad neck and upper back pain. I think from our toddler sleeping in our bed. I see I can’t use heat patches or deep heat gel. Anything else I can use instead?

P
Morning everyone. Does anyone have any book recommendations for partners/dads to be? My other half wants to do some reading up but doesn’t know where to start x
What does he want to read up on? General baby care or more about baby development/parenting? There’s a few apps specifically for dads.
I really like Janet Lansbury’s book Elevating Childcare. It’s very easy to read, short chapters but has practical advice about treating there baby as their own person. Something I think some dads can struggle with at first.

Hi looking some advice, have bad neck and upper back pain. I think from our toddler sleeping in our bed. I see I can’t use heat patches or deep heat gel. Anything else I can use instead?
Can you use a heated pillow? I use one that you put in the microwave and that really helps as I really suffer with this too. Also doing neck and shoulder rolls throughout the day to release the tension helps.

Reactions: 3
For anyone that wants to buy a play mat.
I've wanted this one with all 3 kids but always refused to pay £80 for it 😂

Typical now I don't need one, it's half the price! 😂

So I thought I'd share for anyone else

Attachments

Reactions: 5
P

What does he want to read up on? General baby care or more about baby development/parenting? There’s a few apps specifically for dads.
I really like Janet Lansbury’s book Elevating Childcare. It’s very easy to read, short chapters but has practical advice about treating there baby as their own person. Something I think some dads can struggle with at first.
i think he’s more interested in the general baby care, he’s asking about it we’ll learn things like first aid at NCT, but also just stuff aimed at dads will be useful. I’ve heard a few recs for that Janet Lansbury book so will check it out. What are the dad apps? I haven’t seen any.

i think he’s more interested in the general baby care, he’s asking about it we’ll learn things like first aid at NCT, but also just stuff aimed at dads will be useful. I’ve heard a few recs for that Janet Lansbury book so will check it out. What are the dad apps? I haven’t seen any.
My partner used the Superdad app. But there are lots if you Google.
I’m not sure NCT do first aid as I didn’t use them, but st. johns have an infant first aid app which is useful.
Before covid we went to a mamas and papas “open day” they had someone from St. John’s doing demonstrations on how to do cpr etc on an infant. Not sure if they still do those. You could book a course for infant first aid I think it’s only half a day.

Red Cross have an app for infants that show you what to do in instances such as choking, baby CPR lots of helpful information on there

You can organise your own Baby first aid training with your NCT group via St Johns, that often works quite nicely as they run with ~5 or so per group

quick question - when did people tell their parents they were expecting? Last time I told my mum really early because I thought I needed to know about family history (didn’t get asked one question). But this time I don’t Know when I should tell them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.