Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got that bit 😂 Sorry should have been more specific - around it? The length of it? I just can’t understand how that could be vaguely telling if they have no measurement to start with.
You are correct 😂
It is hugely outdated and very inaccurate. Any person can see that every single person is a different shape and size and everyone carries differently. But they measure you like everyone is the same. Which is why so many get sent for growth scans anyway!

Reactions: 2
Are you far enough to have your bump measured?
That's usually when it starts 😂
Or a growth scan later on
Oh yah I'm 38 weeks! They tell me my bump measurement and it's recorded on the card I keep but they've never mentioned the word percentile and I've never heard women in Ireland mention it either. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Can’t stop crying today we ended things last night I feel so guilty about getting upset because of baby but I’m so upset and scared 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Can’t stop crying today we ended things last night I feel so guilty about getting upset because of baby but I’m so upset and scared 💔
Oh I wish I could give you a hug ❤ It’s a massive change so it’s completely normal to feel scared! Break ups are the worst. Please look after yourself, maybe to spend some time with your family so your around people xx

So apparently i'm officially under consultant care now for a few things. It's reassuring as I feel they are covering all bases but I'm now on lots of new drugs including daily injections, eep!

So due to a family risk of blood clots i'm now on blood thinning injections. Is anyone else on these? I was quite surprised. I've been told i'll need to inject myself daily until I go into labour. On the bright side one of the things in the whole pregnancy/birth process i've been most scared of was that I might have more chance of having a fatal clot so it eases that anxiety if inconvenient.

My over-efficient placenta can sometimes indicate that I could develop pre-eclampsia at a later stage apparently, though currently my blood pressure is all good. So i'm on a higher dose of aspirin now. Also extra scans to monitor little man's growth, but i'm seeing that as a positive thing as i will get to see him that bit more :)

Also found out from my mum today that the reason she had 2 forcep births, when she was very young and with small babies was because she has a very small pelvic opening which only became apparent during birth... poor woman. I have the same build as her and i'm bricking it now... ! Is it worth just asking for an elective caesarean rather than dealing with that, assuming it's likely i'm the same?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
What you’re feeling is natural , and exasperated by pregnancy hormones no doubt. Write down how you would like your future to look for you and baby and focus on achieving that now moving forward. You have indicated the relationship wasn’t the best , so focus your energy on better things that you know can work. Best of luck xxx

Reactions: 4
When people ask you if baby was planned or not (believe it or not, we’ve had it multiple times, most recently this evening!) what do you say?

When people ask you if baby was planned or not (believe it or not, we’ve had it multiple times, most recently this evening!) what do you say?
It’s such a rude question isn’t it?! I mean I just say yes (cos it was) but I can’t believe anyone would ask!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s such a rude question isn’t it?! I mean I just say yes (cos it was) but I can’t believe anyone would ask!
I mean that’s fair 🤣. My partner and I have been discussing it for a while and we were actually going to start trying in August so just a few months ahead of schedule but I just find it really really odd! Tonight’s nosy Nora got ‘ABSOLUTELY but we didn’t have to wait long 😉🤣

• Haha
I say not exactly planned but wasn't far off the cards anyway. It is such a rude question, and I also got rude commentary because ours wasn't planned. Difference between unplanned and "a mistake" which some people can't see so I've gotten a good few rude comments!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Omg I had so many people ask this!! So nosey!
I just said: We don't plan anything, our lives are planned by the universe 💫 and that seemed to weird them out enough to leave me alone after that 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just say it’s none of your business. I bleeping hate that question it’s so rude and intrusive

So apparently i'm officially under consultant care now for a few things. It's reassuring as I feel they are covering all bases but I'm now on lots of new drugs including daily injections, eep!

So due to a family risk of blood clots i'm now on blood thinning injections. Is anyone else on these? I was quite surprised. I've been told i'll need to inject myself daily until I go into labour. On the bright side one of the things in the whole pregnancy/birth process i've been most scared of was that I might have more chance of having a fatal clot so it eases that anxiety if inconvenient.

My over-efficient placenta can sometimes indicate that I could develop pre-eclampsia at a later stage apparently, though currently my blood pressure is all good. So i'm on a higher dose of aspirin now. Also extra scans to monitor little man's growth, but i'm seeing that as a positive thing as i will get to see him that bit more :)

Also found out from my mum today that the reason she had 2 forcep births, when she was very young and with small babies was because she has a very small pelvic opening which only became apparent during birth... poor woman. I have the same build as her and i'm bricking it now... ! Is it worth just asking for an elective caesarean rather than dealing with that, assuming it's likely i'm the same?
I’m under consultant care and had a forcep birth last time, I’m likely to be having a section this time

• Heart
To be honest I find the whole thing a little strange, even when people ask are you trying.... I'm not a prude about sex whatsoever, very open about it, but just bugs me that's a convo people think is appropriate. Never mind bringing in fertility issues to it! I've found people's commentary tough to be honest. It's really bugged me, I just try not to listen to it.

Reactions: 8
To be honest I find the whole thing a little strange, even when people ask are you trying.... I'm not a prude about sex whatsoever, very open about it, but just bugs me that's a convo people think is appropriate. Never mind bringing in fertility issues to it! I've found people's commentary tough to be honest. It's really bugged me, I just try not to listen to it.
Same here! Plus I didn’t want to tell people we were trying because, then they would assume if I didn’t get pregnant within a certain amount of time; something could potentially be wrong.
When people used to say; ‘do you want kids,’ I used to always answer, ‘yes hopefully one day,’ even though we were already trying!

I noticed a habit of people who got pregnant on their “first try” to be really keen to tell me. This is for no one’s benefit but their own - and tbh is hard to swallow when your journey to motherhood looked quite different.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was at a birthday party not long after my second miscarriage, someone was there with her newborn which was hard enough so I avoided it, came back from the toilet to someone asking when I’ll be giving my mum a grandchild.. “surely it’s your turn soon” people are just tit 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
That it's none of their business 😂 usually.
It's shocking the amount of times you get asked it 😂
And they're usually taken back a bit that I've said that but I hate the question and it gets old.

My uncle asked me on front of people ‘who’s the dad’ baring in mind I was stood next to my husband!!

The same husband who’s just pointed at my ever expanding belly and said ‘what’s that’ to which I replied ‘your daughter!’ 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.