Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really missing a drink as well, I’ve had no secco but it gave me heartburn. The kopparbergs and old mout ciders are lovely, we’ve got a family party in a few weeks so I’ve got some in for that. I can not believe alcohol free Gordon’s gin is £15!!! Who the hell is paying that, it’s about £2 cheaper that alcoholic!!!

I’m going on holiday soon and I know I’ll be gutted watching people drink a cocktail or an ice cold wine with dinner but it is what it is, I’ll make up for it.. probably Christmas 2023 🤣🤣

in other news I’m off for a massage today I can’t wait. My back is in bits

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone have a recommendation for baby apps? I'm still getting updates from my pregnancy apps and reminded me I should move onto the next step!

I got an AF aperol aperitif thin
Yes please to the wine recommendations and yes - I’m treating myself to flavoured tonics and ready made mocktails etc!
Beers- Lucky Saint AF lager (can order direct from the brewery but Sainsbury's also has it), Beavertown Lazer Crush IPA
Wines- Sainsbury's own brand AF white wine white label with blue crest, McGuigan Zero Sauvignon Blanc. We have some rosé Nozeco in the fridge but haven't tried it yet, husband wasn't a fan of the white Nozeco
Other- Martini AF aperitif, I like this because it's not sweet, it's more bitter and herby. I think it would do a good aperol spritz substitute with some AF sparkling wine although not tried it yet, I've only had it with sparkling water. Husband also likes the seedlip and tonic tins with ice and lime if he's in a g&t mood

Also looking for some advice. Still got this headache/migraine sitting above my right eye, normally I would take paracetamol and ibuprofen and try to sleep it off but paracetamol alone isn't really helping. I read that they can get worse in early pregnancy 😭 does anyone have any suggestions?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got an AF aperol aperitif thin

Beers- Lucky Saint AF lager (can order direct from the brewery but Sainsbury's also has it), Beavertown Lazer Crush IPA
Wines- Sainsbury's own brand AF white wine white label with blue crest, McGuigan Zero Sauvignon Blanc. We have some rosé Nozeco in the fridge but haven't tried it yet, husband wasn't a fan of the white Nozeco
Other- Martini AF aperitif, I like this because it's not sweet, it's more bitter and herby. I think it would do a good aperol spritz substitute with some AF sparkling wine although not tried it yet, I've only had it with sparkling water. Husband also likes the seedlip and tonic tins with ice and lime if he's in a g&t mood

Also looking for some advice. Still got this headache/migraine sitting above my right eye, normally I would take paracetamol and ibuprofen and try to sleep it off but paracetamol alone isn't really helping. I read that they can get worse in early pregnancy 😭 does anyone have any suggestions?
I get really awful tension headaches in this early pregnancy and paracetamol doesn’t shift them either. I’m taking magnesium as that helped with my migraines that I had in my first pregnancy. They’re not really helping the tension headaches but if yours are more like cluster headaches they could help. Just check you’re not on any medication that is contraindicated (some kidney medications for example).

I get really awful tension headaches in this early pregnancy and paracetamol doesn’t shift them either. I’m taking magnesium as that helped with my migraines that I had in my first pregnancy. They’re not really helping the tension headaches but if yours are more like cluster headaches they could help. Just check you’re not on any medication that is contraindicated (some kidney medications for example).
Thanks, I'll look into it. I went to the pharmacy earlier and asked for some advice, they said safest to stick to paracetamol and make sure I'm hydrated and eating enough. Which wasn't super helpful as I feel like I've been eating constantly for the last 2 days trying to stave it off! Including 2 middle of the night snacks.

How many of us here are due this month? 🤞🙋🏼‍♀️

Me! Due on the 14th but I’m definitely having the baby this month cause it’s bang in the middle so 🤣🤣!

I had a few mild period like cramps this morning but they stopped and I’ve also had a 💩 three times today and everyday this week which isn’t normal for me so I’m hoping he’s ready to make an appearance 😂

Reactions: 5
Every day this week I've woken up with a headache on the right side towards the base of my skull. It hurts to cough, sneeze or bend. Most of the week, it's worn off by lunchtime but Friday and yesterday it was constant. Today it's also on the right side of my forehead. I'm about a week clear of Covid and have read that tension headaches can be a related symptom. I'm 19+3 today. I don't want to ring the midwife and be a nuisance when it might just be something normal but it has been almost a full week now so I probably should just call I suppose.

@PunkRocker that is exactly how my tension headaches are. Always the right side of my neck then travels up to my temples then skull. I have a neck pillow with lavender in that you microwave and that helps sometimes. I’m trying to do some stretches and neck rolls throughout the day and take paracetamol when I feel it start but once it sets in nothing helps but sleep.
If you are worried then call the midwife that’s what they’re there for. Hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@PunkRocker that is exactly how my tension headaches are. Always the right side of my neck then travels up to my temples then skull. I have a neck pillow with lavender in that you microwave and that helps sometimes. I’m trying to do some stretches and neck rolls throughout the day and take paracetamol when I feel it start but once it sets in nothing helps but sleep.
If you are worried then call the midwife that’s what they’re there for. Hope you feel better soon.
I'm sure I've got one of those pillows somewhere, I'll have a rummage, thanks! Paracetamol doesn't really agree with me but I think I'll have to try today. It feels a bit more throbbing, rather than just with movement.
I will ring now, as you say that's what they're there for.

Reactions: 1
So we have found out, we are joining the girl crew! And it’s made everything even more real and exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Still no baby. Lost some more of my mucus plug though I think. Had period like pains yday evening and overnight but nothing this morning. 🤷🏼‍♀️Genuinely don't know what signs I'm looking for anymore. The Internet is a minefield and midwives have unfortunately not been much help. I have another sweep tomorrow so maybe that will help.

I've had such a good pregnancy which I'm so thankful for, but my body has had enough now. I'm exhausted, sore, not really sleeping, struggling to eat. Feeling pretty meh.

I've been offered a sweep but am unsure whether or not to take it. Any advice?
I wouldn't have one before 40 weeks personally as they're only effective if your cervix has started to dilate already. I was told sperm is most effective!!

I was asked if I'd like my cervix to be checked which I said yes to purely out of curiosity. This was at 40 weeks and it had started to dilate but nothing to write home about. Whilst she was there she asked if I wanted a sweep and I was like well you're already 2 fingers deep so crack on. Not the most comfortable of experiences, but I didn't find it overly painful. I did bleed quite a bit after which stopped Saturday morning. Unfortunately she said it was classed as a failed sweep as she couldn't get the angle quite right which happens often. Everyone's cervix is positioned slightly differently!

I have another one booked for Monday so we shall see.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m another one that keeps getting headaches in pregnancy 😩 They are really minor though but I keep getting them constantly. I’ve always suffered from them tho pre pregnancy. I’m 20 +1.

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow and I’m so anxious and worried! What’s the chances of there something being wrong?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone else finding it an absolute chore to put socks on?? And then when I finally get them on they are too tight. I literally have one pair of shoes that fit! It’s a good job I don’t leave the house much now. Baby is due Thursday and I can’t wait to (hopefully) get my normal feet back 😃🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
TMI, but lost I think most of my mucus plug this morning. C-section is scheduled for this Thursday so I do hope she flips around and I start labor before then. I’m 38+4 today.

We went into the city center this morning for some shopping and a fun last weekend together adventure and I’m pooped. Finally out of quarantine from COVID and this is the most I’ve done in over a week and I’m ready to 💤.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So I’m 19+6 with my first baby and have an anterior uterus and a little bit of extra tummy fat so wasn’t expecting to feel movement just yet, but the past few days I’ve been getting what I’m pretty sure is little kick feelings but I’ve been kind of writing it off as probably something else as too early, but yesterday and especially today I’m getting this weird churning, flickering feeling quite low down which is making me feel a bit sick. Is that the baby moving? It’s not a feeling I remember having before, but I’m not totally sure what it’s supposed to feel like. Maybe I could describe it as constant repetitive flutters. It’s the bit below my belly button where the baby is.

Reactions: 4
So I’m 19+6 with my first baby and have an anterior uterus and a little bit of extra tummy fat so wasn’t expecting to feel movement just yet, but the past few days I’ve been getting what I’m pretty sure is little kick feelings but I’ve been kind of writing it off as probably something else as too early, but yesterday and especially today I’m getting this weird churning, flickering feeling quite low down which is making me feel a bit sick. Is that the baby moving? It’s not a feeling I remember having before, but I’m not totally sure what it’s supposed to feel like. Maybe I could describe it as constant repetitive flutters. It’s the bit below my belly button where the baby is.
I’m plus sized with an anterior placenta and that sounds exactly like the movements I’ve been having! It’s so strange for the first week or two of it I didn’t have a clue what was going on but now I know it’s herself having a bit of a wiggle! I’ve always had an ice pop in the evening but within minutes of having one now she moves around so much, the cold clearly wakes her up. I’m looking forward to proper kicks that my husband can feel because he’s definitely feeling a bit left out of it all.

I’m plus sized with an anterior placenta and that sounds exactly like the movements I’ve been having! It’s so strange for the first week or two of it I didn’t have a clue what was going on but now I know it’s herself having a bit of a wiggle! I’ve always had an ice pop in the evening but within minutes of having one now she moves around so much, the cold clearly wakes her up. I’m looking forward to proper kicks that my husband can feel because he’s definitely feeling a bit left out of it all.
Haha! Mine has been saying how left out he feels. Will be nice when he can feel it to. I am 75% sure it must be the baby moving now, but I’m just in denial I think as I thought it would take ages. Nice to have the reassurance x

What are people’s thoughts on manicures while pregnant? From what I’ve read it seems like normal polish is better than gel due to having to soak gel nails in acetone for removal…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.