Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Midwife tried to give me a sweep but she said she'd class it as a failed sweep. I can't help but feel devastated. 😭 There was a lot of blood though which she said was normal but it's still happening now. They won't book me in for an induction until 10 days after due date but since they only do 1 induction a day, I have to wait until 13 days past due date.....
I had a sweep yesterday at 39 weeks. Midwife said I was sort of half open half shut. But she said it wasn’t looking good in terms of him being here soon (she said it in a nice way, she wasn’t being horrible!). I bled quite a bit but that stopped last night.
I have another booked in for next week the day after my due date. So hopefully that is more successful!
My midwife did say though that sweeps are quite subjective because it depends on how each midwife personally feels the cervix is. Some may think it’s former than others etc.

Reactions: 2
Those of you that have said you don’t want to go back to work after baby. Do you think you ever will? I’d love to not go back and we don’t really need the money as my OH earns 3 times what I do. I’d love to just be a SAHM and focus on having a happy, stress free life but mostly conscious of judgement from others more than anything.

Maybe I’d want to go back part time when they’re old enough for school but that’s a long career break
duck what other people think! The day their opinions pay your bills is the day you should care what they think! You do what makes you happy 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ugh currently on holiday at 23 weeks pregnant and I’m struggling so much in the Portugal heat 🫠😩 never thought I’d be on holiday desperate to come home but I genuinely can’t wait now. I’ve been ill then my son has been ill and we have my MIL and SIL with us who have pissed me right off 🙃 I feel really dizzy today and can’t shift it every time I move the room spins 😩 the thought of having to go to a Portugal hospital for any reason is terrifying me, I just really want to go home 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Those of you that have said you don’t want to go back to work after baby. Do you think you ever will? I’d love to not go back and we don’t really need the money as my OH earns 3 times what I do. I’d love to just be a SAHM and focus on having a happy, stress free life but mostly conscious of judgement from others more than anything.

Maybe I’d want to go back part time when they’re old enough for school but that’s a long career break
I quit my job when I was 6 weeks pregnant, I worked for the NHS and the mental/physical strain of it was far too much for me to deal with even previous to falling pregnant. I faced so much judgement from people for leaving my job, even some family members who said they didn’t think my husband should support me when I left my own job. I pick up bank shifts now, as and when suits me, if I even want to and I have to be honest I’m past giving a shite what anybody thinks of it. We have savings that I contributed to, my husband worked hard to get to where he is and it was actually his idea for me to leave when I did. We work as a team and I just think our financial situation is of no concern to others. My plan is to carry on working bank shifts after baby is born, stick at that for a while and then consider where I see myself going career wise.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve tried ringing my midwife and the assessment unit, neither picked up 🤦🏼‍♀️ Is it normal to be throwing up violently, even tiny bits of water?

How far are you?
Could it just be a normal stomach bug? ❤
19+2. I tested positive this morning and since then I literally can’t keep even a sip of water or an ice cube down, I’m throwing up more than I was with the Hyperemesis 🤦🏼‍♀️ Xx

• Heart
I've been offered a sweep but am unsure whether or not to take it. Any advice?
Personally for me, (I've had 9 over 3 pregnancies) they've never worked. And if I were to have another child. I probably wouldn't bother.

There's been a bunch of studies done that basically states they only work if you were already about to go into labour naturally in the next couple of days.
That's if they can even do one. Out of my 9, 4 were failed sweeps that couldn't be done.

Reactions: 1
It worked for me with my first, it’s not a comfortable procedure but very quick and could just give things a little nudge but I would also do your research to try and decide whether or not you’d be comfortable with it.

If I was offered one again this time round I’d definitely go for it!

19+2. I tested positive this morning and since then I literally can’t keep even a sip of water or an ice cube down, I’m throwing up more than I was with the Hyperemesis 🤦🏼‍♀️ Xx
I'd maybe keep trying the assessment unit.
If you can't get through, maybe give 111 a call if you're worried

I'd maybe keep trying the assessment unit.
If you can't get through, maybe give 111 a call if you're worried
Second calling 111. You should be able to speak to a nurse or doctor pretty quickly for advice via that route.

I had 3 - one at 40+2, another at 40+6 and one at 41+2. The first two did absolutely nothing, the third I had after I’d started having a few mild contractions but I’m convinced that is what ramped them up and set me off into full blown labour - within an hour I was having proper contractions every 5 minutes and I gave birth 10 hours after the sweep ☺ so I’ll say thanks to that doctor who saved me from being induced! Of course you might argue that would have happened that quickly anyway, but who knows 🤷‍♀️ I was so over being pregnant by the point of being offered I would have tried anything!

Yeah the research for them seems fairly unknown if they work or if things would've happened then anyway... Seems to be more cons than pros for them. 🙈 They are offering it to me for 39 weeks

I’ve been having all kinds of very mild twinges and shooting pains from my foof going up my body today. When is it too soon to start eating hot curries and all the other old wife tales 🤣🤣? I know these twinges don’t mean anything really but I wanna start trying now 😂

Yeah the research for them seems fairly unknown if they work or if things would've happened then anyway... Seems to be more cons than pros for them. 🙈 They are offering it to me for 39 weeks
I had one yesterday at 39 weeks. I didn’t expect it to work, but I found it useful knowing more about how my cervix was doing. Even if it fails, least you know it means your body isn’t there yet. I found it uncomfortable but not painful and it didn’t last long 😊

Second calling 111. You should be able to speak to a nurse or doctor pretty quickly for advice via that route.
I’m waiting for a doctor to ring me back, currently lay on the bathroom floor with a sick bowl struggling badly 😩 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is a bit off topic based off the thread’s recent conversation but hoping you can help… is anyone else missing alcohol? I don’t mean crying out for it, but I’m on holiday, visiting pubs. My partner is drinking (obvs, because he can) and I can’t do my usual trick of reaching for a sip, and I’m really missing a glass of wine of an evening.

Two things to note - far less of a problem at home than on hols and also, this is a very wanted, but still a surprise (basically just ahead of schedule but something we’d spoken about) pregnancy so I’m not as prepared for giving up booze, and to be perfectly honest, seafood 😭 as I would hope to be.

Any advice / reassurance would be appreciated

Reactions: 3
This is a bit off topic based off the thread’s recent conversation but hoping you can help… is anyone else missing alcohol? I don’t mean crying out for it, but I’m on holiday, visiting pubs. My partner is drinking (obvs, because he can) and I can’t do my usual trick of reaching for a sip, and I’m really missing a glass of wine of an evening.

Two things to note - far less of a problem at home than on hols and also, this is a very wanted, but still a surprise (basically just ahead of schedule but something we’d spoken about) pregnancy so I’m not as prepared for giving up booze, and to be perfectly honest, seafood 😭 as I would hope to be.

I do miss the odd one yeh. I find the no alcohol alternatives great. I have had one glass of wine on 4 different special occasions during the pregnancy 😕

Can you get the alcohol free versions?
I find Kopparberg ect doesn't taste any different

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.