Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@calmyourritas still no baby!! How are you and your little miss doing?!?

Due date today and I've got a hospital appointment. Not entirely sure what it's for? Guessing to schedule inductions etc just in case?? 🧐 Doubt they'd give me a sweep at 40 weeks?

Had a few tightenings in the middle of the night, but nothing consistent so I'll assume braxton hicks. Wasn't worth waking my hubby up for anyway. I've tried everything from sex to Aquanatal to spicy food to warm baths and bouncing on a ball. They've dropped significantly more over night so 🤞🏻
We are all good thankyou… she is 4 weeks old today I can’t believe it! Where has the time gone?!

I had a sweep at my hospital (consultant) appointment which was at 40+2 so they may give you a sweep today! They also booked my induction in for 40+10 on that day too but I didn’t need it in the end. Keep us updated!!! ❤

Just woke up and tested positive for covid, I’m due to go on holiday in 12 days 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 do I need to let the midwife know? x
I had covid at about 23 weeks pregnant, I rang the midwife and she wasn’t bothered and said to ring PAU. I rang them and they were like erm okay? I wasn’t high risk so they said just rest lots, drink water, keep on eye on movements, etc.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had a child with chickenpox while pregnant. I’ve had chickenpox before so I should be immune but feel a bit worried.
You’re fine if you’ve had them. I was near a child with chicken pox earlier on in my pregnancy but I’ve never had them so had to go for blood tests to determine if I needed a vaccine but turns out I’m immune 💪🏼 😂

We are all good thankyou… she is 4 weeks old today I can’t believe it! Where has the time gone?!

I had a sweep at my hospital (consultant) appointment which was at 40+2 so they may give you a sweep today! They also booked my induction in for 40+10 on that day too but I didn’t need it in the end. Keep us updated!!! ❤

I had covid at about 23 weeks pregnant, I rang the midwife and she wasn’t bothered and said to ring PAU. I rang them and they were like erm okay? I wasn’t high risk so they said just rest lots, drink water, keep on eye on movements, etc.
I was the same! They said they’d only be worried if you had different pointers (it wasn’t your first pregnancy and you maybe had issues in previous pregnancies, high BP, diabetes, family history of blood clots, and age and general health come into play too). Otherwise exactly as said above, lots of rest and just keep an eye on movements

Those of you that have said you don’t want to go back to work after baby. Do you think you ever will? I’d love to not go back and we don’t really need the money as my OH earns 3 times what I do. I’d love to just be a SAHM and focus on having a happy, stress free life but mostly conscious of judgement from others more than anything.

Maybe I’d want to go back part time when they’re old enough for school but that’s a long career break

Reactions: 2
even though I enjoyed my maternity and can’t wait again I did want to go back to work. It’s stressful don’t get me wrong but having a coffee in peace and having adult conversation was needed 😂

Reactions: 5
I took a year off for my first baby and will do the same when the second one comes. I really enjoyed having the year off but as others have said, I liked getting back to work and having adult conversations again. Plus I think my son has really benefited from going to childcare, he’s become more socially confident, I think its good for both of us even though its expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Those of you that have said you don’t want to go back to work after baby. Do you think you ever will? I’d love to not go back and we don’t really need the money as my OH earns 3 times what I do. I’d love to just be a SAHM and focus on having a happy, stress free life but mostly conscious of judgement from others more than anything.

Maybe I’d want to go back part time when they’re old enough for school but that’s a long career break
I never went back after my second.
And I have had quite a bit of judgement.
Not even for just not working.
We're lucky that as my partner works nights, he earns enough to cover the bills without me working.
The biggest judgement I've faced is people presume because you're not working that you must be on benefits. That isn't the case at all. But everyone presumes so. I have zero judgement for anyone that is. I've had a few call me lazy because I don't work. But that's it 🤷🏻‍♀️ it's ridiculous really.
Once my youngest gets her free hours at 3, I'll go back to work then just so we've got a bit extra money.

In my opinion, I don't see why I would work and pay someone else to look after my children if I don't need to. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I will also add though that I personally found it less stressful working and being a parent than being a sahm 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
In a fortunate position that my partner earns enough to cover all bills etc comfortably so I don't need to go back... However I'm not sure how I feel about not having my own money so may go back a few days a week, or wait until they're in school. Hard to know what to do, my husband works away a lot so isn't an option to help out with childcare at all if they are sick etc so really it's all on me

In a fortunate position that my partner earns enough to cover all bills etc comfortably so I don't need to go back... However I'm not sure how I feel about not having my own money so may go back a few days a week, or wait until they're in school. Hard to know what to do, my husband works away a lot so isn't an option to help out with childcare at all if they are sick etc so really it's all on me
This is one thing I struggle with quite a bit.
Whilst my partner doesn't work away, he works nights.
So is obviously working during the night and sleeping during the day. And then wakes up after the youngest goes to bed.

This may be a silly question but do you change a babygrow every night before bed? Just trying to figure out how many I need

This may be a silly question but do you change a babygrow every night before bed? Just trying to figure out how many I need
I usually change them every morning tbh.
I know a lot of people change morning and evening though.

I’m not sure anyone should be overly judgmental about someone else’s decisions re: length of maternity leave or whether they go back to work. I do think that people should be able to afford the children they choose to have though, and not rely on benefits because they’ve decided not to work. If you can afford to look after your children and pay your bills without working (and not claiming benefits) then more power to you!

I’m the main breadwinner in my house so I’ll have to go back to work after 6 months or so (give or take the leave I’ll have left to tag on the end). I’d have preferred 9-12 months but as the longest time I ever had off work in one go was 3 weeks at the end of 2007, the concept of 6 months blows my mind.

To be honest, I think I’d be bored rigid being a SAHM particularly as I find no enjoyment in cleaning. I also have more career aspirations and want to end up with a healthy pension for retirement. Everyone is different though, and it may feel very different when baby arrives and I’m on countdown to returning back to work.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure anyone should be overly judgmental about someone else’s decisions re: length of maternity leave or whether they go back to work. I do think that people should be able to afford the children they choose to have though, and not rely on benefits because they’ve decided not to work. If you can afford to look after your children and pay your bills without working (and not claiming benefits) then more power to you!

I’m the main breadwinner in my house so I’ll have to go back to work after 6 months or so (give or take the leave I’ll have left to tag on the end). I’d have preferred 9-12 months but as the longest time I ever had off work in one go was 3 weeks at the end of 2007, the concept of 6 months blows my mind.

To be honest, I think I’d be bored rigid being a SAHM particularly as I find no enjoyment in cleaning. I also have more career aspirations and want to end up with a healthy pension for retirement. Everyone is different though, and it may feel very different when baby arrives and I’m on countdown to returning back to work.
I don't think anyone should be judged. Whether they're on benefits or not. It doesn't affect anyone else so it doesn't matter imo.
Situations change.
You can have a good paying jobs, fall pregnant and suddenly lose that job and end up on benefits.
The people that judge don't know everyone's exact situation.
Nobody should be judging at all.
Just because you claim benefits, doesn't mean you choose not to work.
Majority of people on benefits either work and claim too or are, unable to work.

They should be able to have children too

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't think anyone should be judged. Whether they're on benefits or not. It doesn't affect anyone else so it doesn't matter imo.
Situations change.
You can have a good paying jobs, fall pregnant and suddenly lose that job and end up on benefits.
The people that judge don't know everyone's exact situation.
Nobody should be judging at all.
Just because you claim benefits, doesn't mean you choose not to work.
Majority of people on benefits either work and claim too or are, unable to work.

They should be able to have children too
Yes, situations change and we all need the security net that benefits provide should we find ourselves in that position. Also if someone’s job doesn’t pay enough that benefits are needing additionally that’s completely understandable.

But the money that goes into the pot for people to draw down from for different things is being limited, so it does affect others if people claim benefits for multiple children without paying anything in themselves. For example: if you’re over 40 you are not eligible for free IVF on the NHS yet you’re still expected to pay taxes that go towards benefits for people who choose not to work but continue to have children they can’t afford to support financially by virtue of the fact they can conceive. I don’t think that’s right.

Apologies for going off topic. I just feel very strongly that people with challenged fertility should be supported along with pregnant women in general and there are so many cut backs now it feels there isn’t adequate support. Plus it shouldn’t be a postcode lottery as to whether you have access to treatment, scans or a face-to-face appointment!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Midwife tried to give me a sweep but she said she'd class it as a failed sweep. I can't help but feel devastated. 😭 There was a lot of blood though which she said was normal but it's still happening now. They won't book me in for an induction until 10 days after due date but since they only do 1 induction a day, I have to wait until 13 days past due date.....

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Midwife tried to give me a sweep but she said she'd class it as a failed sweep. I can't help but feel devastated. 😭 There was a lot of blood though which she said was normal but it's still happening now. They won't book me in for an induction until 10 days after due date but since they only do 1 induction a day, I have to wait until 13 days past due date.....
Fingers crossed things get moving before then 🤞🏻Do you know why it was classed as failed?

Yes, situations change and we all need the security net that benefits provide should we find ourselves in that position. Also if someone’s job doesn’t pay enough that benefits are needing additionally that’s completely understandable.

But the money that goes into the pot for people to draw down from for different things is being limited, so it does affect others if people claim benefits for multiple children without paying anything in themselves. For example: if you’re over 40 you are not eligible for free IVF on the NHS yet you’re still expected to pay taxes that go towards benefits for people who choose not to work but continue to have children they can’t afford to support financially by virtue of the fact they can conceive. I don’t think that’s right.

Apologies for going off topic. I just feel very strongly that people with challenged fertility should be supported along with pregnant women in general and there are so many cut backs now it feels there isn’t adequate support. Plus it shouldn’t be a postcode lottery as to whether you have access to treatment, scans or a face-to-face appointment!
I agree with the IVF comment and fertility comment. But I also think there are lots of other areas too that need more funding maaaany areas. The list could go on forever. Blaming people on benefits isn't going to solve that though. This 10% of people not working suddenly getting a job also wouldn't give more funding to these issues either.

It isn't as simple as people just choosing not to work either.
The amount not working and on benefits is very minimal.
You can't just sit there and say you don't want to work and still claim benefits. You have meetings to attend, proof of applying for jobs up to 40 miles away. Not allowed to turn down jobs. Constant meetings.
You can't just say you don't want to work and that's it.

As I said before.
I just don't think anyone has a right to judge anyone. That was my point.
Nobody knows what goes on at all unless you're right in that situation yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I bled for 3 days after my sweeps.
I had 3 attempted sweeps this time.
All failed attempts.
I was gutted because I was having a bunch of cramps daily so I thought I'd at least be somewhere!
They also told me before sweeps that it'd most likely be possible anyway because your cervix doesn't fully close after previous kids.
Apparently.
Mine was shut tight and she was my 3rd 😂

haven’t read any other replies but I’m a SAHM with my first and some days it can get me down but other days I remind myself one day they’ll all be in school and then I can get back into a career I will actually enjoy hopefully. My husband runs his own business and he does pay me a wage through his company, he does very well and we do live comfortably but I will also point out we don’t get any benefits.

I’ve never felt judged from any other mums I’ve met, I think people I used to work with who don’t have kids might judge me but tbh their opinion is irrelevant to me, my office were very funny about the hours I went back on after my maternity and we were literally only just coming out of the winter lockdown when I was due to go back so I told them to ram it 🤷🏻‍♀️

my plan now is to have second baby then go back studying next September whilst I can and I know in 5 years time when they’re growing up super fast I won’t regret it!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.