Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll be taking a full year, but don’t think I’ll be going back afterwards as I hate my job and being on minimum wage won’t be enough to cover childcare costs unfortunately

Reactions: 6
I plan to take the full year then either not return or return 2-3 days a week, I don't earn enough to justify the cost of childcare full time and I don't like my job. I'm eleven weeks tomorrow and can't wait to leave :censored:

Reactions: 6
How long is everyone planning on taking for maternity leave? I’m in a good place work wise and considering only taking 3 months and going back 2 days a week BUT don’t want to regret it. I had 10 months leave with my eldest and was climbing the walls by the end of it and ended up leaving my job not long after returning as everything was different and I suffered mentally from being at home on my own with a baby for so long, like I’d forgotten how to be me!
I’m taking 12 months, I did with my first. I’m so lucky I get full pay for 24 weeks then SMP up until 39 weeks then for the remainder of the time I’ve got savings to use. It will be a struggle and we will be making sacrifices but it’s time I’ll never get back. I know everyone’s different but I work full time and always have and I can’t wait for a year away from work 😂

Reactions: 7
Can we just talk about how disgusting the cost of childcare is!!! Looking at about £800 a month for 4 days a week 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Can we just talk about how disgusting the cost of childcare is!!! Looking at about £800 a month for 4 days a week 🤢
Yeah it’s shocking, worse when you have a September kid as well like me, don’t get the 30 free hours till the January and just missed the school cut off 😂 and I’m having another autumn baby

Reactions: 2
I think I've caught symptoms from this thread lol after not having any for weeks I've got terrible trapped wind again :cry:

Reactions: 3
Yeah it’s shocking, worse when you have a September kid as well like me, don’t get the 30 free hours till the January and just missed the school cut off 😂 and I’m having another autumn baby
I've got twins on the way plus a toddler! It's flipping expensive

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So expensive and severe lack of availability where I am, even over a year in advance! Stressful having to sort it out before baby even arrives

Reactions: 1
Anyone else have awful belly button stretching from an old piercing. I had it with my first pregnancy but don’t remember it being so painful. I have a scar/stretch mark that’s at least a cm wide and it feels like it’s stretching more now. I don’t care about the stretch mark it’s just so sore 😩

@calmyourritas still no baby!! How are you and your little miss doing?!?

Due date today and I've got a hospital appointment. Not entirely sure what it's for? Guessing to schedule inductions etc just in case?? 🧐 Doubt they'd give me a sweep at 40 weeks?

Had a few tightenings in the middle of the night, but nothing consistent so I'll assume braxton hicks. Wasn't worth waking my hubby up for anyway. I've tried everything from sex to Aquanatal to spicy food to warm baths and bouncing on a ball. They've dropped significantly more over night so 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anyone else have awful belly button stretching from an old piercing. I had it with my first pregnancy but don’t remember it being so painful. I have a scar/stretch mark that’s at least a cm wide and it feels like it’s stretching more now. I don’t care about the stretch mark it’s just so sore 😩
Me!!! I’m dreading it again. I just used to cover it in bio oil

Due date today and I've got a hospital appointment. Not entirely sure what it's for? Guessing to schedule inductions etc just in case?? 🧐 Doubt they'd give me a sweep at 40 weeks?

Had a few tightenings in the middle of the night, but nothing consistent so I'll assume braxton hicks. Wasn't worth waking my hubby up for anyway. I've tried everything from sex to Aquanatal to spicy food to warm baths and bouncing on a ball. They've dropped significantly more over night so 🤞🏻
Not sure what your hospital appointment will be unless you're under a consultant. In which case it's just a normal consultant appointment.

They will probably offer you a sweep though 😊
They usually offer them from 40 weeks.

Mine don't book inductions until nessasary.
They wait until 10 days over to even consider haha

My MW told me yesterday at my next appt (40 weeks) they will be offering me a sweep if he isn’t here so it’s quite possible they will

How long is everyone planning on taking for maternity leave? I’m in a good place work wise and considering only taking 3 months and going back 2 days a week BUT don’t want to regret it. I had 10 months leave with my eldest and was climbing the walls by the end of it and ended up leaving my job not long after returning as everything was different and I suffered mentally from being at home on my own with a baby for so long, like I’d forgotten how to be me!
Lol. I’m 19+4 and my maternity leave has already started 😅 I got made redundant from my job in tech got a solicitor and they’ve had to cough up for my next few months loss of earnings. And all my enhanced maternity pay. (Take note ladies, no company can just lay off a pregnant woman, or at least not without being extremely careful, which most companies aren’t) Just going to enjoy it until he’s a year old I think. I’ve been working for 16 years in a high pressure area and even always had a part time job in school. I’m really looking forward to some time off. Part of me thinks I would hate to go back.

However let’s see how I feel in a few months 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just woke up and tested positive for covid, I’m due to go on holiday in 12 days 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 do I need to let the midwife know? x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.