Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby Dunn arrived today after a difficult few days which I'll not expand on because I hated reading negative birth experiences when pregnant!
We're both safe and healthy and she's absolutely perfect.
💕💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Baby Dunn arrived today after a difficult few days which I'll not expand on because I hated reading negative birth experiences when pregnant!
We're both safe and healthy and she's absolutely perfect.
💕💕💕
Congratulations 🎉 so happy you’re both safe and well ❤❤

Reactions: 1
My legs have started cramping specifically in my calves is there anything I can do to help this?😩
I also started getting this recently! In the middle of the night as well. I started doing this exercise I found online standing on my toes then rocking back onto my heels about 10-20 times morning and evening a few days ago and it hasn’t happened for the past 3 nights now so it seems to be helping x

Reactions: 3
I’m so short of breath today - feel like there is no room left for my lungs in my small frame. My ribs are gonna have to expand faster or something because at this point my lungs are a mere inconvenience, feel like I’m being stood on 😂 only 21 weeks to go 😅

I’m not taking any vitamins or prenatals they made me sick so stopped em but I feel guilty 😩
I’m lactose intolerant so they put me on extra calcium and it’s helped. My husband accidentally bought a magnesium/calcium combination supplement so that explains why I have the magnesium 🤣

Maybe talk to your doctor about finding a vitamin that doesn’t make you feel sick? Mine wanted me on prenatals 3+ months before we started trying and it took me a few bottles to find one that suited my body.

I’m not taking any vitamins or prenatals they made me sick so stopped em but I feel guilty 😩
I swapped to a vitamin liquid as the tablets were making me sick too and found a bug difference. But I'm not great at taking them to be honest and at 22 weeks the important stage of getting folic acid into you has long passed. Don't feel guilty. Way I look at it is there are loads of nutrients in the food we eat and a few years ago people had no supplements and the babies were healthy! 😁

I take them individually rather than a pre natal because the iron just makes me feel sick and my constipation worse. I take vitC, vitD and calcium and magnesium

Reactions: 2
I swapped to a vitamin liquid as the tablets were making me sick too and found a bug difference. But I'm not great at taking them to be honest and at 22 weeks the important stage of getting folic acid into you has long passed. Don't feel guilty. Way I look at it is there are loads of nutrients in the food we eat and a few years ago people had no supplements and the babies were healthy! 😁
I’ve been told that a high dose of vitamin D is important although that may be because of my age. You can get vitamin D drops that are flavourless you can either drop it on the back of your hand and lick it off or put in a drink. Easily available from pharmacies, Boots, Holland & Barrett.

I do agree that a rounded diet should negate the need for pregnancy vitamins although certainly in the first trimester a lot of people seem to eat quite a limited diet because of sickness.

Has anyone been sent for a glucose tolerance test? How long did it take?
My midwife told me up to 3 hours!! What do they do that takes 3 hours?!

Has anyone been sent for a glucose tolerance test? How long did it take?
My midwife told me up to 3 hours!! What do they do that takes 3 hours?!
Are you in the UK?

If so, you fast, go in, go have your blood taken. Then drink a drink. Then you have to sit and wait for 2 hours. Then you go back in and have another blood test

First trimester insomnia AND sickness is back with a vengeance :/ 31 weeks tomorrow and I’ve not been able to sleep the last few nights and I’ve felt sooo nauseous

• Heart
Does anyone else have really bad gas? I’m convinced that’s what’s making me sick! TMI but when I’m sick sometimes nothing comes up and it’s just the loudest longest burps 🤢🤢🤢 I have bubbling in my sternum constantly and it just feels gross

I’ve just had my 38 weeks appt and they’re sending me for a growth scan! They’ve said it’s dropped on the chart when they measured my bump - how can it drop?! 😩
I know I’ll get to see him but still a bit of a scare isn’t it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just had my 38 weeks appt and they’re sending me for a growth scan! They’ve said it’s dropped on the chart when they measured my bump - how can it drop?! 😩
I know I’ll get to see him but still a bit of a scare isn’t it
I had a “drop” at 32 weeks. Went from 85th percentile at 30 weeks to 60th percentile at 32 weeks as well as too little amniotic fluid.

Then a follow up at 34 and the conclusion was that the technician at 30 measured too big (baby’s belly) and 32 week technician measured baby’s belly too small. She’s definitely on the big side so it was quite the scare for those few weeks. There’s a lot of human error I’m learning in estimating the size. Easier said that done, but try not to worry and, like you said, on the plus side you get to see your baby.

Good luck! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.