Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just had my 38 weeks appt and they’re sending me for a growth scan! They’ve said it’s dropped on the chart when they measured my bump - how can it drop?! 😩
I know I’ll get to see him but still a bit of a scare isn’t it
Easier said than done saying not to worry.

By dropping it just means your bump hasn't grown as much as they expect. Not that it's got smaller.

But so far, I don't know anyone that has had to go for a growth scan based on fundal height and there actually be an issue 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Quick question about measuring the bump and tracking baby’s growth - when did this start for you all? I was 26 weeks yesterday and haven’t been measured yet. I’ve got an actual face-to-face midwife appointment in 2 weeks time so perhaps I’ll be measured then.

Also when is the glucose test routinely done? I’ve been told I should have it but not heard any more. Is it done at the hospital?

Reactions: 1
Quick question about measuring the bump and tracking baby’s growth - when did this start for you all? I was 26 weeks yesterday and haven’t been measured yet. I’ve got an actual face-to-face midwife appointment in 2 weeks time so perhaps I’ll be measured then.

Also when is the glucose test routinely done? I’ve been told I should have it but not heard any more. Is it done at the hospital?
Both 28 weeks 😊

I didn’t find this thread until fairly late in my pregnancy but I’m 39 weeks today and I’m feeling so much more excited rather than nervous about the upcoming birth and that’s mainly down to you guys on here.
It’s so reassuring to see everyone’s experiences and realise my questions aren’t stupid and other people have thought or dealt with the same issues.
It’s probably my hormones making me all emotional but I guess I just wanted to say thank you 😃🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m still testing positive for COVID 😁 so had my 38 week appointment via phone today. OB is not at all worried about my cough for my c section next week and was like “this is perfect timing!” She also wasn’t worried about getting COVID this late & close to my c section date. I am in NL so maybe the approach is a little different, but they’ve been pretty relaxed about having COVID during pregnancy now.

I was hoping to see LittlestBluebird one last time today but they weren’t going to do a scan again, apparently. So basically we’re just waiting until next Thursday! It feels super weird.

My husband, who missed the birthing classes I took alone since he was away for work, is now going alone to the one I schedule for us. He’s getting a private birthing class without his pregnant partner present 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else have really bad gas? I’m convinced that’s what’s making me sick! TMI but when I’m sick sometimes nothing comes up and it’s just the loudest longest burps 🤢🤢🤢 I have bubbling in my sternum constantly and it just feels gross
Same, 8weeks here and the gassiness is just insane. I have heard about people going to hospital because they thought something was wrong and it just being gas, and I thought it was nonsense but now I understand!! I will never judge anyone again!

Does anyone else have really bad gas? I’m convinced that’s what’s making me sick! TMI but when I’m sick sometimes nothing comes up and it’s just the loudest longest burps 🤢🤢🤢 I have bubbling in my sternum constantly and it just feels gross
How far along are you? I had the worst gas first trimester and a few weeks into the second, I was in so much pain, felt like I could be popped like a balloon & often felt an inability to burp too. I’ve actually just realised I’ve not had it in a while!

Ahhh thank you! Just on my way to the appt now, I know it will all be fine busy still you can’t but worry can you! 😅 especially this late on!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How far along are you? I had the worst gas first trimester and a few weeks into the second, I was in so much pain, felt like I could be popped like a balloon & often felt an inability to burp too. I’ve actually just realised I’ve not had it in a while!
10+ 3 oh I hope it goes soon because it’s awful! 🥴

Everything was fine! He’s 6lbs 8oz with some hair according the scan 😂! Bloody long day back and forth on buses but all good 😊

they said his heads right down so probably why he dropped down on the chart

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Congratulations @Daisydunn15 and @Thecolourrainbow ❤❤❤

how are things going @fishsticks?

I’ve just had my 38 weeks appt and they’re sending me for a growth scan! They’ve said it’s dropped on the chart when they measured my bump - how can it drop?! 😩
I know I’ll get to see him but still a bit of a scare isn’t it
I had the same thing happen, I was sent for growth scans a few times as they kept saying my bump wasn’t big enough! Especially as she became engaged. But then when she measured baby inside she was just all curled up and cosy!

• Heart
Do I need to let the hosp know I’m positive? I can’t cope with being put on hold again today
I didn't, i mentioned i had, had it at my midwife booking appointment but again i was not sick with it, if i had been really unwell with covid i would have probably rang 111 for advice.

10+ 3 oh I hope it goes soon because it’s awful! 🥴
Fingers crossed that it shifts for you soon 🤞🏼 I wish I could suggest something for instant relief, I tried sipping hot water, making sure I wasn’t consuming anything that would make it worse and smaller portions more often x

How long is everyone planning on taking for maternity leave? I’m in a good place work wise and considering only taking 3 months and going back 2 days a week BUT don’t want to regret it. I had 10 months leave with my eldest and was climbing the walls by the end of it and ended up leaving my job not long after returning as everything was different and I suffered mentally from being at home on my own with a baby for so long, like I’d forgotten how to be me!

How long is everyone planning on taking for maternity leave? I’m in a good place work wise and considering only taking 3 months and going back 2 days a week BUT don’t want to regret it. I had 10 months leave with my eldest and was climbing the walls by the end of it and ended up leaving my job not long after returning as everything was different and I suffered mentally from being at home on my own with a baby for so long, like I’d forgotten how to be me!
I can’t say for certain but I am absolutely taking minimum 8 months. My job pays for 6 then between AL iv built up and other leave like parents leave I am going to stay off as long as I can.

Reactions: 4
6 weeks I’ll go back to training ( I’m a pt & fitness instructor) I’ll probably go back to work at 10 weeks one to one clients and I’ll probably leave it a bit longer to instruct classes at possibly 14 weeks. How I’ll juggle that With breastfeeding I don’t know but I’ll make it work!x

Reactions: 2
I’m a work from home mortgage adviser so I’m going to take 2/3 months off, no clients nothing then I’ll ease my way back in just doing what I can when I can. My fiancé is based at home too and we have plenty of child care options so we’ll make it work one way or another! I don’t think I’d cope mentally downing tools completely for a prolonged amount of time, the industry is depressing enough atm without a dread of going back after a period of time off 😅 x

I’ll likely be 6 months. I only get full pay for 6 weeks then SMP and just bought a new build…need to work to pay the bills. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Full leave, don’t think I’ll go back to my old place to be honest. I’ve been there years but it’s just not doable - it’s a good bus ride and walk there and I don’t drive. My mam would look after him but she lives a decent bus ride away too plus she’s got a chronic illness, she lives next door to a nursery which is ideal for her to pick up/drop off but my OHs ex works there 🤣🤣

providing we’re okay with money, which we should be, I’m not 100% sure I’ll be in a rush until he’s a year old but we’ll soon see

ideally would be nice to find something near my mams house, even if it’s just the coop lands or something part time (I’m office based atm) but it’s all very stressful

Reactions: 7
I'm a teacher so am taking the full teaching year up until summer holidays so will be returning to work in the following school year. To be honest I wouldn't get childcare in Ireland before the baby turns 1 (even at that it's proving very difficult already and the child isn't even born yet)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.