Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very TMI so I am sorry 😂

Over the last few days I’ve been going for a 💩 everyday and normally I don’t do that.. 😂
I googled it and it said it means labour is close by? Has this happened to anyone before 🤣🤣?
It can be. But not always.
How far are you?
Googling will tell you that everything is a sign of Labour 😂

Ive found that most people start going more from around 38 weeks.
I always have too. But I've always gone over with mine. It's meant nothing

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It can be. But not always.
How far are you?
Googling will tell you that everything is a sign of Labour 😂

Ive found that most people start going more from around 38 weeks.
I always have too. But I've always gone over with mine. It's meant nothing
I’ll be 38 weeks tomorrow exactly, maybe I’m just getting so fed up it’s partly wishful thinking 🤣!!Googling when your wide awake at 4am maybe isn’t the best idea but I do it anyway 😅

Reactions: 4
Very TMI so I am sorry 😂

Over the last few days I’ve been going for a 💩 everyday and normally I don’t do that.. 😂
I googled it and it said it means labour is close by? Has this happened to anyone before 🤣🤣?
This happened to me about 37 weeks... Couldn't stop shitting, but then 38ish weeks it stopped and bowel movements went back to normal. Then I ended up with fluey/cold symptoms but that's clearing now too. No labour yet at 39+5😭😭😭Aquanatal tomorrow... Going to bounce this baby out!!!!

Reactions: 3
I’m pretty sure my midwife said she would do a sweep tomorrow when I see her. I’m so nervous about this 😬

Does anyone have any advice on how to make it less awkward? Any experiences you could share would help me I’m sure!

I’m pretty sure my midwife said she would do a sweep tomorrow when I see her. I’m so nervous about this 😬

Does anyone have any advice on how to make it less awkward? Any experiences you could share would help me I’m sure!
They're not awkward at all 😊
The midwives are very professional and it doesn't feel awkward ☺

They usually ask you to get your bottom half undressed, get up on the bed and put the sheet over you and then you call them in 😊

Reactions: 2
Okay so I’ve just painted my table with this ( I had my jumper over my face) and now I’m worried that I could’ve done damage to the baby. I had a look on the instructions on Amazon and it doesn’t say anything about using it whilst pregnant. Has anyone painted with a really strong paint and babies been okay?

Attachments

Okay so I’ve just painted my table with this ( I had my jumper over my face) and now I’m worried that I could’ve done damage to the baby. I had a look on the instructions on Amazon and it doesn’t say anything about using it whilst pregnant. Has anyone painted with a really strong paint and babies been okay?
Either way, just painting once won't harm your baby.

The issues are when it's used frequently and inhaled frequently. So if you were a painter and decorator for example.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me ✋ I've had severe asthma since being a small child. I'm on a fair whack of medication for it to keep it under control and I'm also under a respiratory consultant and respiratory nurse. They have told me being pregnant can either make your asthma worse (as in your case), make your asthma better to the point it doesn't effect you or have no change to your asthma. However if it's any consolation, from the leaflets they gave me, apparently there's a hormone that kicks in while you are in labour to ensure you don't have an asthma attack while giving birth- I thought that was pretty cool!

The time of year probably isn't helping you if you find pollen etc a trigger either. I'd recommend making an appointment to see your GP nurse and just ask for an asthma review if you can? She might check your peak flows and make a plan for you from there. I know you probably don't want to use inhalers after such a long time but I'd rather have a reliever on hand just in case lovely.
Thank you, that’s all so helpful. That’s really good to know re: labour. That’s a scary thought otherwise. I have a couple of inhalers now (brown and blue) because I ended up going to the walk in centre when the cough came back a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed after checking my chest it was the asthma returning. Will book a GP appointment though for a proper asthma review just to make sure all covered. I took something called montelukast years ago which really helped. I might ask for that again if safe in pregnancy. So fed up of wheezing and coughing at the slightest bit of physical exertion or walking past a smoker x

Cautiously posting here .. I’m 6 weeks pregnant today after basically over 9 years of infertility (1mc, 2 failed ivf rounds) and have no children

The first time round I was under the Welsh nhs and they were very quick to get my appointments booked, I believe I had both of them around the 6w mark? - even though sadly mc’d before 7 weeks.

We moved to England 2 years ago and I know they both run a bit differently. I’ve just done the self refer thing this morning and booked my first 2 appointments over the phone, but I realised they’re not until 8w for a telephone app and then 9ws for bloods etc
Is it normal to have no support until then? Or those appointments at that time ?

I know it’s only early pregnancy but with my history I guess it’s just a slightly worry about not having the support there if anything I’m unsure of is happening as my GP is crap!
I just realised as well, when you were with the NHS in Wales, was that when you had the IVF? That will have been why you had a 6 week appointment as that’s normal for IVF rather than which country you were in. A ‘viability scan’ to check for heartbeat and that pregnancy isn’t ectopic. If this baby was conceived naturally you’ll just be waiting until 12 weeks like everyone else.

Personally I think everyone should have the 6 week scan

Either way, just painting once won't harm your baby.

The issues are when it's used frequently and inhaled frequently. So if you were a painter and decorator for example.
@WhatABore just wanted to say you are the best at reassuring and answering questions. Every time I come on here I’ve noticed you’ve helped someone out x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you, that’s all so helpful. That’s really good to know re: labour. That’s a scary thought otherwise. I have a couple of inhalers now (brown and blue) because I ended up going to the walk in centre when the cough came back a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed after checking my chest it was the asthma returning. Will book a GP appointment though for a proper asthma review just to make sure all covered. I took something called montelukast years ago which really helped. I might ask for that again if safe in pregnancy. So fed up of wheezing and coughing at the slightest bit of physical exertion or walking past a smoker x

I just realised as well, when you were with the NHS in Wales, was that when you had the IVF? That will have been why you had a 6 week appointment as that’s normal for IVF rather than which country you were in. A ‘viability scan’ to check for heartbeat and that pregnancy isn’t ectopic. If this baby was conceived naturally you’ll just be waiting until 12 weeks like everyone else.

Personally I think everyone should have the 6 week scan
It was just after failed IVF that we got pregnant naturally, I’m not sure how or why but my drs sorted out the midwife’s appointments quickly, I had had one to confirm the pregnancy and then the booking in one, mc’d at 6+4 just a few days after. This was 4 and a half years ago though.

Gosh I agree, only 6+1 today and I can see the next 6 weeks dragging !!

Found out baby is a boy today! Means I’m totally outnumbered in my own house but I can’t wait 😂💙

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don’t suppose anyone here had Covid early in their pregnancy? I’m just under 6 weeks and my partner and I have caught it 😞 worried it could cause a miscarriage this early…
Yes me, i was 5 weeks pregnant when i caught covid, tested positive for covid on the Monday and found out i was pregnant on the Wednesday. Had a mild case of it, 1 night of fever. I am 34 weeks now with my little girl who is cooking nicely and is kicking me as i type 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did anyone in the first trimester get recurring nose bleeds?! I’ve had so many the past few days, unsure if it’s because I have covid and have a blocked nose or a pregnancy symptom?

Yes me, i was 5 weeks pregnant when i caught covid, tested positive for covid on the Monday and found out i was pregnant on the Wednesday. Had a mild case of it, 1 night of fever. I am 34 weeks now with my little girl who is cooking nicely and is kicking me as i type 😁
Do I need to let the hosp know I’m positive? I can’t cope with being put on hold again today

Did anyone in the first trimester get recurring nose bleeds?! I’ve had so many the past few days, unsure if it’s because I have covid and have a blocked nose or a pregnancy symptom?
I did, my nose still bleeds a bit now and I’m in my second

• Heart
Nose bleeds can be super common during pregnancy because of the increased blood 😊

• Heart
Yes. I asked a question about this a few threads ago, had it with all 4 early pregnancies. Apparently it’s the hormones and nothing to worry about.

• Heart
Do I need to let the hosp know I’m positive? I can’t cope with being put on hold again today
I’d give them a call. They’ll advise you to buy an oximeter to monitor your oxygen levels and ask a few questions as a risk assessment over the phone. Nothing major but best to have it on your record.

I did, my nose still bleeds a bit now and I’m in my second
I rang mine when I had covid at around 20 weeks. Didn't find them very helpful to be honest, they just told me to monitor baby's movements and if something changed to contact them! All good now anyway

My legs have started cramping specifically in my calves is there anything I can do to help this?😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.