Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did any of you experience painful cramping early on? Think I’m about 6+4 and getting what feels like “period pain” most days, it’s so bad just now it’s woken me up. This is my fourth pregnancy but never had a good outcome, and I didn’t have this with the rest. Trying to be optimistic and hoping this is a good sign that this one is the one that will be ok, but I’m also on progesterone so worried it’s my body trying to push something out but the progesterone is masking it. Got a scan on Thursday but terrified it’ll be bad news like all the previous pregnancies.
Yes me too. Mr Slips was away for a weekend and I was left at home with Google. Convinced myself something was going wrong. All was ok. Went to A&E which is very unlike me (I think I’m harder than I am). Maybe a call to the midwives for some reassurance might help? I honestly don’t think the pain went away until week 12/14

Reactions: 4
Hi all,
I’m due to go to my next scan and MIL is insisting she joins us for the scan. I said probably wasn’t doable as covid restrictions are still in place (always my go to excuse). But MIL explains that work friend went with her daughter and partner just last week🙄 it’s causing issues with my boyfriend as I obviously don’t want her to come as it’s an experience I feel we should share as a couple but the main reason is we want the gender to be a surprise but MIL wants to know if she’s getting the girl she’s always wanted (my boyfriend has an identical twin brother). She keeps joking that she’ll ask and keep it a secret from us which I wouldn’t put past her! But need thoughts? Am I being too sensitive over this?
Definitely not too sensitive. Sounds like you’ve tried telling her no already and she’s found ways to try and negotiate with you. I think you need to be kind but firm and stick to your guns or this could be a recurring problem for you. Good luck!

Reactions: 4
Thanks to everyone who replied to me last night, yeah tbh I had two cans of coke and a donut so they were prob on a sugar high🤣🥴 feel like I’ve got a hangover this morning. Roll on maternity leave

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Baby was breech but I think she’s moved. My belly button has turned to an outie and there are like bumps in my bump when I move to suggest she’s there. She’s moving but not as much as she usually has. Like she’s kicking away but just not to the same extent and I’ve pains in different places (under my left rib). I don’t know whether to wait and see if her movements go back to how they were or if I should be concerned. She’s been breech since 16 weeks and I’ve an anterior placenta so it’s so hard to know 😑

Reactions: 2
Baby was breech but I think she’s moved. My belly button has turned to an outie and there are like bumps in my bump when I move to suggest she’s there. She’s moving but not as much as she usually has. Like she’s kicking away but just not to the same extent and I’ve pains in different places (under my left rib). I don’t know whether to wait and see if her movements go back to how they were or if I should be concerned. She’s been breech since 16 weeks and I’ve an anterior placenta so it’s so hard to know 😑
It may be just because she’s moved position so some movements are muffled by the placenta but if you’re concerned ring triage. That’s what they’re there for even if you do feel silly x

• Heart
Hi all,
I’m due to go to my next scan and MIL is insisting she joins us for the scan. I said probably wasn’t doable as covid restrictions are still in place (always my go to excuse). But MIL explains that work friend went with her daughter and partner just last week🙄 it’s causing issues with my boyfriend as I obviously don’t want her to come as it’s an experience I feel we should share as a couple but the main reason is we want the gender to be a surprise but MIL wants to know if she’s getting the girl she’s always wanted (my boyfriend has an identical twin brother). She keeps joking that she’ll ask and keep it a secret from us which I wouldn’t put past her! But need thoughts? Am I being too sensitive over this?
The girl she’s always wanted?! May I recommend a restraining order? 👀😂

I know each trust Is different, it’s still one person only with where I am so you could try and explain that to her, maybe try “I’ll speak to them at the scan and explain you want to be involved and see what they can do” cos then you look like you’re on her side & can blame the covid rules! xx

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How long after self referring to maternity services did you hear back? I did the online form at the weekend and wondering when to start worrying that it got lost in the ether!

I don’t suppose anyone here had Covid early in their pregnancy? I’m just under 6 weeks and my partner and I have caught it 😞 worried it could cause a miscarriage this early…

• Heart
How long after self referring to maternity services did you hear back? I did the online form at the weekend and wondering when to start worrying that it got lost in the ether!
I was told to ring them as well to make the first appointment, I didn’t hear back for like 3 week until the hospital told me I needed to ring as well x

Hi all,
Oh lord this is waaaaay too invasive!! I'd put a stop to it for the simple reason of thinking ahead. If she is this intruding now what will she be like when baby is actually here. You need to set boundaries now before baby comes when it'll potentially end in a row! 🙈I'm in Ireland and other halves (in my hosp anyway) are only allowed to the initial scan and the anomaly scan. Last time I was there they were asking anyone that wasn't pregnant to leave.

Reactions: 8
I don’t suppose anyone here had Covid early in their pregnancy? I’m just under 6 weeks and my partner and I have caught it 😞 worried it could cause a miscarriage this early…
My friend had it at 8 weeks and the maternity unit weren't concerned. She is 30 weeks now 😊
I didn't have it early, it was around 19 weeks instead, but everything with baby was fine. As I was in the second trimester they gave me additional scans to check blood flow but all was fine. They only do this as once the placenta has formed it can cause issues with nutrients/oxygen etc. That's why I was told anyway!! I think the placenta takes over at around 12 weeks, so everything should be okay. If you're concerned though, definitely call your midwifery unit.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My friend had it in the first trimester and she was totally fine. From my reading it’s more dangerous after 28 weeks onwards, especially if you haven’t been vaccinated. Hope you’re feeling ok and not too poorly.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone else stressing about having any clothes and what to take in the hospital bag 🤯🤯??

How many vests do I need, sleepsuits??
Plus he will be here in the next 4 weeks so it will be warm, what do I need 😭😭🤯

Anyone else stressing about having any clothes and what to take in the hospital bag 🤯🤯??

How many vests do I need, sleepsuits??
Plus he will be here in the next 4 weeks so it will be warm, what do I need 😭😭🤯
We get a book here with a list. It says 6 vests, 6 baby gros, 1 hat because their temp drops when they are born, 2 cellular blankets.. MlThe general rule of thumb is 1 extra layer to what u are wearing

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We live on a farm and my father in law rang me to help them as there was two sick calves. I headed out thinking nothing of it and helped move the calves, he then told me he thinks one has meningitis.( He doesn't know I'm pregnant yet as I'm only 9 weeks). Normally I'd think nothing of being out with sick animals but because I'm already anxious, I'm now wondering if I should have been near the animal with meningitis. Talk about overthinking 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Cautiously posting here .. I’m 6 weeks pregnant today after basically over 9 years of infertility (1mc, 2 failed ivf rounds) and have no children

The first time round I was under the Welsh nhs and they were very quick to get my appointments booked, I believe I had both of them around the 6w mark? - even though sadly mc’d before 7 weeks.

We moved to England 2 years ago and I know they both run a bit differently. I’ve just done the self refer thing this morning and booked my first 2 appointments over the phone, but I realised they’re not until 8w for a telephone app and then 9ws for bloods etc
Is it normal to have no support until then? Or those appointments at that time ?

I know it’s only early pregnancy but with my history I guess it’s just a slightly worry about not having the support there if anything I’m unsure of is happening as my GP is crap!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was told to ring them as well to make the first appointment, I didn’t hear back for like 3 week until the hospital told me I needed to ring as well x
Thanks I might ring them next week if I don't hear anything. I did the online form as I thought it might be easier but now wish I'd emailed it so I have a record it actually went! 🤦‍♀️

We get a book here with a list. It says 6 vests, 6 baby gros, 1 hat because their temp drops when they are born, 2 cellular blankets.. MlThe general rule of thumb is 1 extra layer to what u are wearing
apparently the hat is v important, my SIL almost wasn't allowed to go home because they didn't have a knitted hat for the baby, only a cotton one (in May!)

I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea, bouncing/circling on a ball, walking and just generally staying active. Curry tonight. I've nested so much I have nothing left to nest. 😬 Due date is Friday. Come on, little bean. Time for your entrance into the world please.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had Covid at 9 weeks and was worried but there is no evidence that it causes miscarriage and the midwives/GP were not concerned. I was fully vaccinated and boosted which helped with my piece of mind. My symptoms were relatively mild - tiredness (but I was knackered already in first trimester) and cough (annoying because of tiny pregnancy bladder!)

As someone else has stated it is seen as more serious closer to birth, particularly in those unvaccinated.

If you have any existing respiratory issues you might want to buy an oximeter which tracks your oxygen - they have them for £20 in Boots and cheaper on Amazon - if this drops too low it would be a trigger to seek medical help.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.