Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any tips for back pain? Really struggling with lower back pain and right hip for the last week. Trying to avoid my GP because he’s a pain in the bum
I’d defo recommend speaking to your midwife about a physio referral but to answer your question I’ve been using a hot water bottle on my lower back, ice pack on hip for 20 mins, going for a bath which is my fav pain reliever and also you’ve got the option to take paracetamol - hope it eases up soon, nothing worse 😘 x

Reactions: 2
Anyone have any tips for when you are choosing not to breastfeed? Any devices I need to get to help stop my supply, ease pain, etc? All help appreciated 😀
Something cold to soothe them on day 3 & 4, cabbage leaves work but they stink. Avoid putting your boobs under hot running water in the shower, keep your bra on as much as you can and basically ignore them until your supply does away. It’s not that bad 👍🏼

• Heart
My milk never came in last time, possibly due to becoming ill after the birth but I'm concerned it might not come in this time either 🙈 maybe my boobies are broken 😂

Has anyone looked into or ever used a baby carrier before? I’ll potentially have to be getting the bus a few weeks after I’ve given birth to pick my daughter up from school and I think a baby carrier might be easier than getting on the bus with a pram.
My only concern is keeping him warm, it’ll be October when he’s born, will he be able to wear a pram suit in a baby carrier?
Another question is where do you start? There’s so many different kinds and there’s a massive range in prices. Surely one that is £20 won’t be as good as the ones that are £130 but I couldn’t tell you the difference 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Has anyone looked into or ever used a baby carrier before? I’ll potentially have to be getting the bus a few weeks after I’ve given birth to pick my daughter up from school and I think a baby carrier might be easier than getting on the bus with a pram.
My only concern is keeping him warm, it’ll be October when he’s born, will he be able to wear a pram suit in a baby carrier?
Another question is where do you start? There’s so many different kinds and there’s a massive range in prices. Surely one that is £20 won’t be as good as the ones that are £130 but I couldn’t tell you the difference 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hi, your baby will definitely be warm enough in a carrier. You will have plenty of body heat to keep them warm. Pram suit might actually be too warm depending on weather. I put my son in several lighter layers rather than one bigger suit.

The most important thing with carriers is that they promote healthy hip placement. This website is really useful as it lists out products that are deemed hip healthy. Its from the USA but most of the products are available in the UK.

You might be surprised but not all the expensive carriers are hip healthy.

Other important aspect is make sure it fits probably for you and your baby. The baby should be worn high enough up that you can kiss his/her head. And try to keep head titled to one side if possible so they can breath easily.

Loved my baby carrier. So handy for longer walks / uphill walks where a pram wouldn’t cut it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Haven't had my baby yet but family members invested in a good one and my niece absolutely hated every second of it, they never got to use it. They tried her at various ages and she never took it. They have advised me to trial theirs before purchasing one of my own.

• Heart
Bit of a random question for those who’ve already had a baby. Did their movement patterns in the womb match movements (and wake patterns) after they were born?

LittlestBluebird is super active in the afternoons and not active at night — she sleeps to sleep when I sleep and “play” in the afternoon.

I loved baby wearing! You can find local sling libraries that can advise you and will help you with getting the fit right and how to baby wear safely. You can then trial it at home for two weeks and if you’re happy with it I think you then purchase a new one from them. Pram suits are not advised for carriers as they don’t allow safe hip placement. There are websites that can help you with how to dress baby while carrying but it’s really just lots of layers and maybe a little snood to keep the chill off their neck.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Last time I had a close caboo carrier. I found it easier than the long wraps, but it carried in a similar way. It was comfy to wear and washed well.

I think the best thing you can do is see if there's a sling library in your area. That way you can try different ones and you're not committed if you don't like them. They can also advise you on using them correctly to keep baby's hips healthy, and carrying safely.

• Heart
Bit of a random question for those who’ve already had a baby. Did their movement patterns in the womb match movements (and wake patterns) after they were born?

LittlestBluebird is super active in the afternoons and not active at night — she sleeps to sleep when I sleep and “play” in the afternoon.
Not at all.
My second was active constantly. Day and night.
But she was an amazing sleeper.
My movements for my 3rd were so much less. She'd only move a little in the morning, a bit in the evening and that was it.
Yet she hates sleep 😂

Not at all.
My second was active constantly. Day and night.
But she was an amazing sleeper.
My movements for my 3rd were so much less. She'd only move a little in the morning, a bit in the evening and that was it.
Yet she hates sleep 😂
Okay! Thanks! I was (am) kind of hoping she sticks to the same schedule once she’s here 🤣 though I do doubt it. My husband and me are terrible sleepers so it’d be nice if she kept up with her sleeping through the night schedule once she’s here and we didn’t impart our terrible sleep on her

Can anyone signpost me to some clear information about buying prams? I’m a bit confused as it seems what you need from birth to 6m and then 6m and beyond is different and I’m wondering if it’s just the carrier part that is different (as in allows baby to lie flat) rather than the whole frame? And is the carrier part used as a separate car seat?

If so, is it worth buying second hand given you only use for 6m or are they cheap enough for it not to matter?

Also, apologies if this has been provided before (and I’d be happy to contribute to a Wiki of useful resources to direct others towards) but does anyone know of a good list of essential equipment needed for your first baby. I feel pretty clueless and don’t want to be directed into buying things we don’t need or won’t use.

Thanks all x

Can anyone signpost me to some clear information about buying prams? I’m a bit confused as it seems what you need from birth to 6m and then 6m and beyond is different and I’m wondering if it’s just the carrier part that is different (as in allows baby to lie flat) rather than the whole frame? And is the carrier part used as a separate car seat?

If so, is it worth buying second hand given you only use for 6m or are they cheap enough for it not to matter?

Also, apologies if this has been provided before (and I’d be happy to contribute to a Wiki of useful resources to direct others towards) but does anyone know of a good list of essential equipment needed for your first baby. I feel pretty clueless and don’t want to be directed into buying things we don’t need or won’t use.

Thanks all x
I’m pretty clueless myself to be honest 🤣 but I got a 3 in 1, it came with the normal base where you lie them flat, a second base which is front facing (or back facing to you) for when they get older and a car seat which can be attached to the pram as a third optional seat, for quick journeys I imagine

also to add Amazon have a baby wish list all ready made which is quite good.It’s already done into categories for you and you can add things from Amazon or tick them If you have bought elsewhere

Attachments

Thanks all x
We currently have a pram that came with 3 compartments - the car seat, carry cot and another seat which can be used from 6 months plus, both forward and rear facing. When I'm doing short 20min trips I put baby in the car seat attachment and longer errands, walks etc. he goes in the carrycot as he's just 8 weeks. Here is mine for reference: Cosatto Giggle Quad Premium Travel System Bundle - Charcoal Mister Fox – UK Baby Centre (discountbabyequip.co.uk)

He is my 3rd baby and this is a list of equipment we've used;

- steriliser and bottles (tomee tippee sterliser set on Amazon is £70 I think)
- baby bouncer
- pram
- moses basket for downstairs
- next to me
- play mat
- baby bath seat

Hope that helps x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.