Pregnancy #34 Sponsored by trying to shave ya bits without cutting off a lip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I did with my first and I liked it but some of it is a bit crunchy. I thought it was helpful for the prelabour part. I really liked the Another Mother antenatal course. It really went into detail about what to expect in birth and had a lot of information on interventions. I wanted a water birth in the birthing centre but had to have a highly medicalised birth which ended with forceps and an episiotomy. Not a lot was explained to me in the hospital but I felt confident about the choices being made and accepting what had to happen as I understood it from that course.
Yeah I think crunchy is a good word to describe parts of it, I did also feel like it was pushing a pain relief free birth and could maybe make you feel guilty if you did end up using it? Which obviously shouldn’t be the case at all

Reactions: 2
Well ladies I’m on a no food ban now as of 6pm this evening can only have sips of water 🥲. I am beyond nervous and terrified for tomorrow just hope everything goes ok🤞🏻.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Well ladies I’m on a no food ban now as of 6pm this evening can only have sips of water 🥲. I am beyond nervous and terrified for tomorrow just hope everything goes ok🤞🏻.
Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you ❤❤❤❤ I am super jealous… hope I’m not too far behind you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Good luck! My C Section was the most wonderful experience and 3 weeks later I’m healing nicely 😊 I’m sure it will be exactly the same for you! X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Good luck! We’ll see you in the new baby thread soon 💃🏼 👶🏼. Hope all goes well 🤞

• Heart
Awake for the second time now. Awesome. I start getting anxiety around 5 thinking there’s no point in going back asleep, may as well get up etc etc. so not long to wait 🥹 I slept for 2 nights in a row last weekend and thought I made a break through. Silly me

• Heart
Hi all, sorry to interrupt the thread. I found out I was pregnant last night and I am so, so overwhelmed. I feel ridiculous but don't even know where to begin? My last period was in March however I'm on the pill (so it's even more of a shock). Clearblue says 2-3 weeks though (which when adjusting, dates back to when I should have had my period in April) so I'm either 5 or 9 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️

i'm going to get some follic acid tomorrow but I'm genuinely too overwhelmed to ring the GP

it's 4am I'm awake because the morning sickness has really kicked in and I need to be up for work at 6.30 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all, sorry to interrupt the thread. I found out I was pregnant last night and I am so, so overwhelmed. I feel ridiculous but don't even know where to begin? My last period was in March however I'm on the pill (so it's even more of a shock). Clearblue says 2-3 weeks though (which when adjusting, dates back to when I should have had my period in April) so I'm either 5 or 9 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️

i'm going to get some follic acid tomorrow but I'm genuinely too overwhelmed to ring the GP

it's 4am I'm awake because the morning sickness has really kicked in and I need to be up for work at 6.30 🙈
First of all congrats. When you get over the shock you will realise it’s great news!!
When I was 5 weeks (by dates) my clear blue said 2-3 weeks. You could book in for an early scan. At 6 weeks I could see a heart beat

• Heart
First of all congrats. When you get over the shock you will realise it’s great news!!
When I was 5 weeks (by dates) my clear blue said 2-3 weeks. You could book in for an early scan. At 6 weeks I could see a heart beat
Thank you - yeah I'm just confused as the NHS dating scan says 9 weeks and I've also had symptoms for about 3 weeks so feels a bit early if I'm only 5? I think we're going to try and book a scan for tomorrow. I feel like my head has exploded!!

Thank you - yeah I'm just confused as the NHS dating scan says 9 weeks and I've also had symptoms for about 3 weeks so feels a bit early if I'm only 5? I think we're going to try and book a scan for tomorrow. I feel like my head has exploded!!
My baby is planned and I felt the exact same way, trust me. I had so many stages of oh no what have I done. I’m 16 weeks now and only starting to come around to the idea now! Completely normal. And this group is great, your in good company here!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey everyone! I’ve just discovered this thread!
I’m 12 weeks (ish) I have my first ever scan today (not going to lie, I’m so nervous)
I’m terrified of needles and when I had my bloods taken at my first midwife appointment my blood sugar came back as higher than normal.
I have my 12 week scan today (could be 11 or could be 13 weeks) and next week I have a glucose test, which I’m very worried about, has anyone had diabetes during pregnancy, how did it go? I’m sorry if this has previously been mentioned. Any advise would be massively appreciated!
Hi, welcome!
I was diagnosed with GD at 25 or 26 weeks because I tested 1/10 too high. For context, I’m in the Netherlands and their threshold number is 7.8. I’ve been only diet controlled and, honestly, for me it is not that bad at all. I started testing 4x a day and every day and moved to testing 2x a week. Every body is different though so find what works for you. I also find the testing to be deeply interesting and don’t mind it. I’ve always wondered what food does to the body so it’s interesting to see how different foods affect me.

I personally take the diagnosis very seriously as it concerns my health but more importantly the health of my baby. I’m very strict wi try my carb and sugar intake and have transitioned away from things like oat milk in favor of no sugar, no carb alternatives like coconut milk, or cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, and only whole wheat pasta, rice, or bread.

here I was given a dietician and a diabetes nurse and they’ve been very helpful. The diet is pretty strict in the Netherlands regarding carb intake etc so I’m not sure how it is where you are.
I hope this helps as that you don’t feel too overwhelmed.

Morning ladies.... been up since 4am unable to sleep!
I'm 30 weeks with twins and still think "what the crikey have I done" about 20 times a day (especially when my 3 year old is moaning that his strawberries are too salty 🙄)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Congratulations! It’s a totally normal feeling to feel overwhelmed, I’ve known nearly two weeks I’m pregnant with my second and I still sort of feel overwhelmed! Don’t worry if you don’t want to ring up straight away, wait a day or 2 till you calm down and feel ready. I also recommend an early reassurance scan, they can help you find out roughly how far along you are! I think the overwhelmed feeling never really goes away, sometimes I look at my first born who is 2 and I think omg I’m a mum can’t believe it 😂 but in an overwhelmed/happy kind of way. Congrats what you’re feeling is normal x

• Heart

I think your first port of call is registering with the midwives. If you're not sure of your dates then they will probably book you in for a scan at the hospital to work it out. This happened for my cousin because she has PCOS and doesn't have regular periods.

If you book a private scan and you are only 5 weeks then you won't see much and you'll be out of pocket.

• Heart
Good luck! Thinking of you today x

Hi everyone, I’m 36+6 and have woken up being sick have pain in my stomach (not sure if it’s trapped wind?) and a headache. Could this be the start of labour? I’m not sure what to do?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.