Pregnancy #34 Sponsored by trying to shave ya bits without cutting off a lip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Midwife has booked me in to go for a scan tomorrow to check over a few things. I’ve not had a scan since my 20week one back in January. Feeling so anxious now, it’s going to feel like the longest wait until tomorrow 😭.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had my scan today at 13 weeks, all happy & healthy. My stomach is feeling a little beat up this evening after all the poking and prodding 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Midwife has booked me in to go for a scan tomorrow to check over a few things. I’ve not had a scan since my 20week one back in January. Feeling so anxious now, it’s going to feel like the longest wait until tomorrow 😭.
I had one today as baby dropped below the 50th percentile. Turns out she is actually a chunk who's head has become engaged.

i was super nervous beforehand not knowing what to expect. I hope your scan goes okay!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had one today as baby dropped below the 50th percentile. Turns out she is actually a chunk who's head has become engaged.

i was super nervous beforehand not knowing what to expect. I hope your scan goes okay!
Aw I’m glad all is well, I think these babies just like to keep us on our toes 🤣.
Thank you lovely! X

Reactions: 2
Hey everyone! I’ve just discovered this thread!
I’m 12 weeks (ish) I have my first ever scan today (not going to lie, I’m so nervous)
I’m terrified of needles and when I had my bloods taken at my first midwife appointment my blood sugar came back as higher than normal.
I have my 12 week scan today (could be 11 or could be 13 weeks) and next week I have a glucose test, which I’m very worried about, has anyone had diabetes during pregnancy, how did it go? I’m sorry if this has previously been mentioned. Any advise would be massively appreciated!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Heartburn and reflux are going to be the end of me, it's the straw on the camel's back for me. Six more days until I have my next OB & a GP appointment, which feels like forever at the moment. Finally I am going to speak up at my OB appointment about how I have been feeling mentally - I thought I have been coping fine but I really haven't. Not knowing any tiny little detail about my baby and my test results is making me feel really disconnected and makes me feel like bub is just an alien growing. I've basically just cried for the past two days.
Lastly, having to rely so much on my partner is killing me. I am fiercely independent and not being able to do tasks around the house is extremely frustrating. I'm sick of stores not having items in stock that I want to purchase, forcing me to buy online and then wait 1.5 weeks for parcels to arrive ruining all the fun of shopping. Meaning that nothing in bub's room is done as I don't have everything to even start it, which is stressful because everytime I look at the calendar July is getting closer and closer.

Not to mention I haven't even begun to get concerned about birth, breastfeeding, or the potential for bub's withdrawal from my antidepressants. Ugh.

• Heart
I’ve just done a food shop and it’s absolutely killed me OFF. That’s it now if the baby isn’t here once this food has gone I’m just going to starve because I’m not going again.
We started doing online shopping at the end of my pregnancy because I just couldn't do it!
The putting it on the checkout and bagging was the worst. I was out of breath 😂

• Heart
I'm at work today for the first time since we started telling people. Time to admit that the "I can't lift that because I've got a bad back" excuse I've been using for the past few weeks has been a blatant lie 😬😂😂

And also I can put my manager out of his misery, because he's known for weeks now and had to keep his mouth shut. He'll be very relieved that he's no longer under threat of a painful death 😂

• Heart
Has anyone who's had babies before tried hypnobirthing? I really want to but unsure what to purchase, ive been looking at the £39 positive birth co package, but just wanted to check this is the right option.. any advice?

So yesterday I told a colleague (via VC) I had some good news, which was purely work related and then afterwards he told me that he thought I was going to say I was pregnant (cue my awkward face knowing that I am!!!)
In the office today for the first time in weeks, with a fairly bloated 6 week tummy - spending the day breathing in 😂😂

• Heart
Has anyone who's had babies before tried hypnobirthing? I really want to but unsure what to purchase, ive been looking at the £39 positive birth co package, but just wanted to check this is the right option.. any advice?
Oh I’d also love some advise on this. I completely panicked when in labour with my first and I hardly remember anything. I’d love to try this and at least have something I could rely on to try and calm down a bit 😂

Reactions: 1
I was actually talking about this with a group of mums yday - those who did this course really recommended it. I didn’t do the course with my first but did read the book which was quite a good read. I think I’ll probably do the course this time or something similar!

Reactions: 1
Honestly I didn't rate it, they had an offer on when I did it and I got it for £12, so keep your eye out. They do refund it if you start it and don't like it (I think you have to have done less than 12% of it or something). I know some people who really loved it but it was not for me.

I also bought and have read the book. It was quite a nice easy read. Some of it is a bit wishy washy (not sure if that’s the right word) for me so I’m glad I didn’t pay for the course though.

I've been doing The Birth Uprising online course and really love it. Some of it isn't for me but I've taken a lot from it and it's really massively helped ease my birth anxiety. I also did a virtual pregnancy relaxation class with a hypnobirthing doula which was brilliant, I'm actually debating if I can squeeze a repeat in before baby comes as it was so beneficial.

I feel like my fuse is even shorter than normal today and everything Mr Rita does is driving me MAD

Even when he looks at me it fills me with rage 😂😂😂

• Heart
I read the positive birth book and highly recommend it although it has made me fear the pain relief

Yeah I did with my first and I liked it but some of it is a bit crunchy. I thought it was helpful for the prelabour part. I really liked the Another Mother antenatal course. It really went into detail about what to expect in birth and had a lot of information on interventions. I wanted a water birth in the birthing centre but had to have a highly medicalised birth which ended with forceps and an episiotomy. Not a lot was explained to me in the hospital but I felt confident about the choices being made and accepting what had to happen as I understood it from that course.

I feel like my fuse is even shorter than normal today and everything Mr Rita does is driving me MAD

Even when he looks at me it fills me with rage 😂😂😂
My fuse has been short since I found out I was pregnant. At 34 weeks it's the shortest it's ever been... I've had to apologise to a lot of colleagues lately 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I did the positive birthing course first time round and although I think it may be a bit anti intervention it did help me keep calm and I used the breathing techniques all throughout my ventouse delivery.

I managed to get it this time for the £12 special as a reminder on the breathing techniques but am also going to educate myself on different outcomes incase this baby is as difficult as his brother 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.