Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wanted to come on and spread some positivity after my moans at the weekend about feeling like shite.

Today I finished work a little early (a novelty for me as I’m normally one of the last out the door!), had a little nap and then powered through. I’ve managed to get stuff done that I have been putting off for WEEKS - put clean washing away, hoovered the bedroom, cleaned the bathroom, tidied dressing table, etc etc. All small things but feel so much better now they’re done and I didn’t force myself to do it on the weekend.

So those who are having a crap day or feel tit… take the time to rest when you can and don’t push yourself! Stuff will get done it may just take a bit more time than normal 🥰🥰

Now I am just sat debating whether to have McDonalds or KFC for dinner 🤔
Get both 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Sooo I’ve got my first scan tomorrow I think I’ll be 8 weeks it’s a private scan I couldn’t wait an extra month lol but now I’m feeling really anxious about it 😩 hoping everything will go well. Just wondering at what scan you can find out sex I know it’s far too early just now just wondering when the typical time is?

Sooo I’ve got my first scan tomorrow I think I’ll be 8 weeks it’s a private scan I couldn’t wait an extra month lol but now I’m feeling really anxious about it 😩 hoping everything will go well. Just wondering at what scan you can find out sex I know it’s far too early just now just wondering when the typical time is?
Alsoooo it says I’ll be offered an optional transvaginal scan has anyone had this?/is it worth it?

Reactions: 2

Alsoooo it says I’ll be offered an optional transvaginal scan has anyone had this?/is it worth it?
Privately they say from about 16 weeks onwards. I did the nub theory from my 12 week scan (it's not always accurate and more just for fun) and they said it was a girl and confirmed at 16 weeks privately 😊

I've had loads of transvaginal and if your early on you're more likely to see a clearer image than abdominal I think! From about 10 weeks onwards I had abdominal ones but all the ones before that were transvaginal

First timer here! Been lurking a long time so thought I’d finally join in. I’m 5 weeks. Finally sinking in that I’m actually pregnant! Not really experiencing anything other than the odd mild pain in my stomach and I’m so bloated I look several months pregnant already 😅 I’ve heard the bloat goes so I’m looking forward to that! 🙏🏼 Just extremely grateful for this little blessing! We’ve booked in for an early scan at 8 weeks! x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
5w5d and feeling quite faint and having dizzy spells. Checked my blood pressure and it was normal. Is this just another pregnancy symptom? I don’t remember having this with my first pregnancy apart from once in second trimester.

5w5d and feeling quite faint and having dizzy spells. Checked my blood pressure and it was normal. Is this just another pregnancy symptom? I don’t remember having this with my first pregnancy apart from once in second trimester.
ive felt faint and had dizzy spells from early on with this pregnancy something I’ve not experienced with my previous pregnancies. I spoke with my mw about it and she said it’s normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy ❤❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
16+4 tomorrow and going for a gender scan! I’m so excited! Nub theory said boy so I can’t wait to see if they’re correct or not

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I'm the same! I'm 8+4 and going for my first scan tomorrow. I'm so nervous about going to it because I'm terrified something bad will happen. Hopefully some of the stress and anxiety will lift after tomorrow. Best of luck with your scan!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ive felt faint and had dizzy spells from early on with this pregnancy something I’ve not experienced with my previous pregnancies. I spoke with my mw about it and she said it’s normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy ❤❤.
Thank you! That saves me asking my own midwife about it 😂

We found out the sex of our baby at just before 17 weeks privately, reconfirmed at our 20 week scan & another private scan at 28 weeks.

I had an early scan at 6+5 and they did it abdominally and the scan was clear enough to see the heartbeat. I’ve luckily never had a transvaginal scan in pregnancy, had them for investigations and they’ve been fine in the past if you have to have one.

Just a moan for myself I took the dog for a walk today and curb walked as much as possible and I’ve butchered my calf instead, still no movement from this baby though 😫😫

Reactions: 3
I'm the same! I'm 8+4 and going for my first scan tomorrow. I'm so nervous about going to it because I'm terrified something bad will happen. Hopefully some of the stress and anxiety will lift after tomorrow. Best of luck with your scan!
Same to you! X

Hi - well my baby boy was born via c section on 14th March. Unfortunately I contracted covid whilst at the hospital 2 days prior for my pre op blood tests (only place I’ve been for weeks and was self isolating ready for the section!). I was discharged within an hour of the positive result, and less than 24 hours after c section. This week has been pretty brutal. I’ve been very poorly with covid, recovering from the birth, trying to bf and have had my 3.5 yr old at home.
I haven’t been seen by anyone since left the hospital - nobody has checked the wound, uterus size, nobody checked Bp (pre eclampsia in first pregnancy and was borderine during delivery and afterward with this baby). No access to any breast feeding support - not even virtual. It’s been so hard, desperately trying to feed but I’ve had such a fever and been struggling to keep fluids down….we’d been topping up with formula and trying to pump but finding time to do all that with a toddler too while the whole house has covid has just been relentless.

i had to fight to get them to come and visit my son for his 5 day checks. I had to stand in the garden while they did his heel prick and hearing test and weight. He lost 7.8% of birth weight and the cut off was 8%- she said they should visit every 2 days to support and monitor Bht won’t because I’m positive. It’s been ridiculous. I cannot believe that 2 years into this pandemic that it is acceptable to provide no aftercare to a woman and baby after birth. It feels like a slap in the face for all the covid positive people I’ve worked withthroughout this pandemic.

my baby boy is perfect and I am totally smitten. Finally getting over the worst of covid and enjoying having a baby again….and just bloody angry at the lack of support and care!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Hi - well my baby boy was born via c section on 14th March. Unfortunately I contracted covid whilst at the hospital 2 days prior for my pre op blood tests (only place I’ve been for weeks and was self isolating ready for the section!). I was discharged within an hour of the positive result, and less than 24 hours after c section. This week has been pretty brutal. I’ve been very poorly with covid, recovering from the birth, trying to bf and have had my 3.5 yr old at home.
I haven’t been seen by anyone since left the hospital - nobody has checked the wound, uterus size, nobody checked Bp (pre eclampsia in first pregnancy and was borderine during delivery and afterward with this baby). No access to any breast feeding support - not even virtual. It’s been so hard, desperately trying to feed but I’ve had such a fever and been struggling to keep fluids down….we’d been topping up with formula and trying to pump but finding time to do all that with a toddler too while the whole house has covid has just been relentless.

i had to fight to get them to come and visit my son for his 5 day checks. I had to stand in the garden while they did his heel prick and hearing test and weight. He lost 7.8% of birth weight and the cut off was 8%- she said they should visit every 2 days to support and monitor Bht won’t because I’m positive. It’s been ridiculous. I cannot believe that 2 years into this pandemic that it is acceptable to provide no aftercare to a woman and baby after birth. It feels like a slap in the face for all the covid positive people I’ve worked withthroughout this pandemic.

my baby boy is perfect and I am totally smitten. Finally getting over the worst of covid and enjoying having a baby again….and just bloody angry at the lack of support and care!!!
Congratulations!!! But what an absolute tit show. It is just beyond comprehension that they would potentially let a new mum and baby slip through the cracks because of covid. Shame on your health trust, it’s disgusting behaviour. Sorry it’s been such a rough few weeks x

Reactions: 9

I had to have a transvaginal because they couldn't see very well, especially as I was 5 days earlier than I thought I was 😊

Congratulations on your little one's arrival. ❤ The way you've been treated is horrendous though, I'm lost for words. How have they not got this tit sorted out 2 years in?! Really hope you're on the mend Covid-wise soon.

Congratulations!!! But what an absolute tit show. It is just beyond comprehension that they would potentially let a new mum and baby slip through the cracks because of covid. Shame on your health trust, it’s disgusting behaviour. Sorry it’s been such a rough few weeks x
It’s my fault …In pregnancy i had joked I’d love a mini lockdown in March so that we didn’t get any visitors. I did get that I guess 😂

i am going to make a big complaint.On day 4 my scar was looking a bit grim but they still refused to see me or even to look at a picture if I sent them. They directed me back to the ward who told me I was under the community midwives (and were very friendly and helpful and tried to push the community midwives to do more tonhelp). Community midwife called me back and said I should go to A&e as they couldn’t see me. I can’t drive as just had a section. I have no childcare because the entire house has covid…and they want covid positive patients sitting in a&e for a wound check?!

least the positive result came after baby was born as if it was before my husband Wouldn’t have been allowed in for the birth.Baby O is just perfect and super chilled, and his big brother is amazing. I am so blown away by love. I didn’t really get that rush of love the first time and struggled in the newborn days with anxiety and PTSD….so it just feels amazing to be doing it now and feeling the things I had wished I’d felt. Just trying to savourevery moment especially now I’m feeling more human!

even found myself suggesting a third baby earlier and my husband genuinely looked like he wanted to kill me.

I had a transvaginal scan with first baby at 8 wks - they tried abdominal first but couldn’t see anything as I had a tilted uterus. The pictures from the transvaginal were amazing and so clear. Was a tiny 1.5cm little foetus.

I had another scan at 8 wks with my second baby. They didn’t do TV this time as could as could see him….but the images weren’t as clear for us. If I had the choice I would go for TV scan. I didn’t find it they uncomfortable, and the pictures were so much better!!

there Are theories about gender at early scans - ramzi theory is one about placenta position. There are groups on Fb you can join and post pics and they will predict for you. It’s a bit of fun. They predicted boy for me for second baby and nub theory (12 wks) they predicted girl however he is definitely a boy!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s my fault …In pregnancy i had joked I’d love a mini lockdown in March so that we didn’t get any visitors. I did get that I guess 😂

i am going to make a big complaint.On day 4 my scar was looking a bit grim but they still refused to see me or even to look at a picture if I sent them. They directed me back to the ward who told me I was under the community midwives (and were very friendly and helpful and tried to push the community midwives to do more tonhelp). Community midwife called me back and said I should go to A&e as they couldn’t see me. I can’t drive as just had a section. I have no childcare because the entire house has covid…and they want covid positive patients sitting in a&e for a wound check?!

least the positive result came after baby was born as if it was before my husband Wouldn’t have been allowed in for the birth.Baby O is just perfect and super chilled, and his big brother is amazing. I am so blown away by love. I didn’t really get that rush of love the first time and struggled in the newborn days with anxiety and PTSD….so it just feels amazing to be doing it now and feeling the things I had wished I’d felt. Just trying to savourevery moment especially now I’m feeling more human!

even found myself suggesting a third baby earlier and my husband genuinely looked like he wanted to kill me.

I had a transvaginal scan with first baby at 8 wks - they tried abdominal first but couldn’t see anything as I had a tilted uterus. The pictures from the transvaginal were amazing and so clear. Was a tiny 1.5cm little foetus.

I had another scan at 8 wks with my second baby. They didn’t do TV this time as could as could see him….but the images weren’t as clear for us. If I had the choice I would go for TV scan. I didn’t find it they uncomfortable, and the pictures were so much better!!

there Are theories about gender at early scans - ramzi theory is one about placenta position. There are groups on Fb you can join and post pics and they will predict for you. It’s a bit of fun. They predicted boy for me for second baby and nub theory (12 wks) they predicted girl however he is definitely a boy!
Congrats on your bubba!

That is so infuriating that you have been treated that way, definitely complain. It’s disgusting that 2 years on they haven’t sorted out a way to treat people for other symptoms while covid positive

This is ridiculous! My partner tested positive 1 week after my csection my midwives still came out to see me despite me having symptoms too (though I stayed neg) even the HV came out to see us AND I was allowed into NICU if I wanted so long as I stayed in isolation.
It's absolutely ludicrous that all support is cut because your positive 😡

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.