Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been for another private reassurance scan today… I had such a negative feeling and that it was definitely going to be bad news.. I’ve been feeling a bit better in myself and with the nausea so I’d convinced myself this was the end of the road.

Anyway, bean has had a growth spurt and isn’t measuring as behind now - currently measuring 8+6 (compared to 5+6 exactly 2 weeks ago) which has made me feel better and actually looks more like a baby! Heart beat still flickering away strongly… “12 week” scan in just over 2 weeks! ❤
Please try to settle yourself, i know it isn't easy but stress is bad too.. if you have ever any pains, bleeding you can go to the hospital for a scan.. I paid for alot of private scans at the start like you but there is no need when we have the NHS x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can anyone help me please? I’m confusing myself which is pissing me right off 😂
Sleeping - what does a newborn sleep in (obvs their sleep suit vest etc) Obviously safe sleeping etc blankets are a no. I’ve been bought some cute sleeping bags 0-6 months but I worry that he could slip down inside it? I’m trying to google what to use but getting myself all confused! We have a tutti bambini next2me, baby’s due in December so I really want to make sure he’s safe and warm in the crib. Any suggestions would be really helpful ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sleeping - what does a newborn sleep in (obvs their sleep suit vest etc) Obviously safe sleeping etc blankets are a no. I’ve been bought some cute sleeping bags 0-6 months but I worry that he could slip down inside it? I’m trying to google what to use but getting myself all confused! We have a tutti bambini next2me, baby’s due in December so I really want to make sure he’s safe and warm in the crib. Any suggestions would be really helpful ❤
Im sure I read somewhere here grobags are for when they are a bit older (around 6 weeks?!) I could be wrong. Swaddle blankets are good.
Keep baby at the bottom of the cot, feet touching, so he can’t make his way down also x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We use the love to dream swaddle and she loves it. If your using sleeping bags you just need to make sure the neck opening isn't too wide

• Heart
I did a free course with the baby academy. They didn’t recommend the bags til after 6 weeks.
I’m going sleep safe blankets and baby at the bottom of the next to me, arms out blanket tucked in 🙂
Really recommend the baby academy courses if you get time to do them

• Heart
You can get newborn sleeping bags, the gro company definitely do some (they are sleep bag/swaddle hybrids) which are teeny compared to a 0-6 sleeping bag. I’m sure other brands do them too

• Heart
Im pretty sure I’ve said it before, but with my first, my exs mum, dad and younger brother (think he was about 14 at the time) we’re waiting outside the delivery suite. Someone let her come in, while my legs were still in the stirrups after being stitched after a full episiotomy 🙃
God this gives me second hand rage so I can only imagine how you felt!

Reactions: 2
God this gives me second hand rage so I can only imagine how you felt!
I was so drugged up, it took days to realise. I’ve also blocked it out over the 12 years! There’s a photo of her and my daughter where my bare legs are in the background!
My mum is just as bad. Because she works in the hospital, she thinks she has every right to be first in the room to meet the baby 🙄

• Heart
How far along was everyone before they started showing?
I’ve put on weight the and a lot heavier than the first time I was pregnant. I didn’t show until about 20 weeks the first time & now sure of already having a belly will hide it or make it more obvious ?

I’ve put on weight the and a lot heavier than the first time I was pregnant. I didn’t show until about 20 weeks the first time & now sure of already having a belly will hide it or make it more obvious ?
About 26 weeks. 😊

I got these to use for the first few weeks, I've got some sleeping bags but they look massive so will save them for a while.
Amazon product

Will probs get the love to dream ones in between using these and sleeping bags proper, but I'm saving that as something to ask for as people have been asking recently about gift ideas and all I have left to get are small bits and bobs but ones that need to be specific to be compatible with the other things we have, or pricey things that I've pre-chosen but don't want to get yet in case we're fine without (and would be too cheeky to ask for anyway).

• Heart
Most of the sleep bags have a weight of 8 or 9lbs. They should say on the label.
Ive been able to use them straight away with my first two but this time I couldn't.
But until then, you can use a cellular blanket that's tucked in at the bottom or a swaddle 😊

• Heart
First time I properly started showing at about 24-26 weeks. This time much earlier, I think it's just becoming obvious to people other than my immediate family now, so about 18 weeks.

I'll use a blanket tucked in safely, sleeping bags will add up when unnecessary.. a room thermometer is also a good idea

I’ve been for another private reassurance scan today… I had such a negative feeling and that it was definitely going to be bad news.. I’ve been feeling a bit better in myself and with the nausea so I’d convinced myself this was the end of the road.

Anyway, bean has had a growth spurt and isn’t measuring as behind now - currently measuring 8+6 (compared to 5+6 exactly 2 weeks ago) which has made me feel better and actually looks more like a baby! Heart beat still flickering away strongly… “12 week” scan in just over 2 weeks! ❤
I felt similar to you in first trimester and found the extra scans to be helpful in managing anxiety. It obviously doesn't change any outcomes - what will be will be - but I found it helpful to break up the uncertainty into more manageable chunks.

So glad the bean is thriving and you're feeling a little better. Long may it last! 💕

• Heart
I am on the struggle bus today. Basically I can’t sleep for more than 30 minutes on my left side without hip pain, it literally feels like I’ve been sleeping on pebbles or something 😭 then I waddled up to the GP for a blood test and omg the ligament pain in my stomach, I had to keep stopping because it felt like stitch.
By the time I got home, my stomach and hips were so painful and stiff I could cry.
Also struggling with movement anxiety. Haven’t felt any of her usual wiggling around the sides or bottom of my bump, but I can feel kicking right at the top under my boobs but it’s much harder to feel unless I sit with my hands there and concentrate. Trying to reassure myself that it’s a combination of baby moving position and having a high anterior placenta.

Anyway, sorry I feel like I keep coming here and just dumping my brain and going again 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
We used these swaddle blankets at the beginning. They were good but I hated having to get him into the swaddle without waking him up and he generally always woke up with an arm that had escaped 🤦‍♀️

Sleeping bags are perfect just as long as their head can’t fit through the hole. Tried blankets the first day we came home and it made me too anxious!

I am on the struggle bus today. Basically I can’t sleep for more than 30 minutes on my left side without hip pain, it literally feels like I’ve been sleeping on pebbles or something 😭 then I waddled up to the GP for a blood test and omg the ligament pain in my stomach, I had to keep stopping because it felt like stitch.
By the time I got home, my stomach and hips were so painful and stiff I could cry.
Also struggling with movement anxiety. Haven’t felt any of her usual wiggling around the sides or bottom of my bump, but I can feel kicking right at the top under my boobs but it’s much harder to feel unless I sit with my hands there and concentrate. Trying to reassure myself that it’s a combination of baby moving position and having a high anterior placenta.

Anyway, sorry I feel like I keep coming here and just dumping my brain and going again 😂
Sorry you’re feeling so rubbish. I ended up at the hospital being monitored lots of times as I couldn’t feel baby move. Might be worth giving them a ring just to reassure you x

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry you’re feeling so rubbish. I ended up at the hospital being monitored lots of times as I couldn’t feel baby move. Might be worth giving them a ring just to reassure you x

Thanks. I will call triage this afternoon if I’m really worried - like I said, I have definitely felt movement but just in a different place so I’m going to sit and chill for a bit and see if it continues ☺

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.