Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My head has gone right up my bottom!
I’m 38 weeks, I thought they’d at least let me go to 39!

How’re you feeling?

I had this and it was contaminated (discharge probably). Do you do your sample midstream? As that’s where I went wrong!😂
But they should send the sample off to be cultured whenever leukocytes appear!
Ya so They first found it in the hospital a few weeks ago, sent it off and i heard nothing, 2 days later my doctor checked it and it was fine then I was at the hospital last week (I’m in hospital every fortnight) and they found it again, sent it off to labs and I heard nothing and today my doctor detected it today 😭 no one can seem to tell me what causes it. 🤣

I'm so on and off this thread..........there are only so many hours in a day and I'm struggling to juggle everything! 25 weeks today and I am feeling so uncomfortable and tired the past week, Ialmost feel like i've hit the 3rd trimester early

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ya so They first found it in the hospital a few weeks ago, sent it off and i heard nothing, 2 days later my doctor checked it and it was fine then I was at the hospital last week (I’m in hospital every fortnight) and they found it again, sent it off to labs and I heard nothing and today my doctor detected it today 😭 no one can seem to tell me what causes it. 🤣
That’s so strange, but I had to chase mine too. They said it was inconclusive and this was twice it happened. It’s either contaminated or you have a asymptotic UTI, so make sure you get an answer from them!

Usually if it’s a UTI they are good and get to you straight away.

Did they give you a course of antibiotics or anything or just call to tell you that to worry you?

A little question I've seen some of u on here being prescribed omeprazle? I get heartburn so bad I'm sick constantly I've been drinking ginger and gaviscone like it's irn bru. Just spoke to my doctor and she said she wouldn't prescribe omeprazle to anyone who's pregnant? She's being cheap isn't she or have I misread somewhere?
Omeprazole is perfectly safe during pregnancy (In fact I prescribed it to a patient today as we can’t operate because she’s pregnant). There’s no real evidence that PPI drugs have any detrimental effects on pregnancy/baby and if you’ve tried Gaviscon it really is the next step - plus it’s really cheap to prescribe. I’d push again for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That’s so strange, but I had to chase mine too. They said it was inconclusive and this was twice it happened. It’s either contaminated or you have a asymptotic UTI, so make sure you get an answer from them!

Usually if it’s a UTI they are good and get to you straight away.
I know! It’s really odd! I’m 36 and a half weeks now and I’ve been pissing like a racehorse so many times a day so I’m wondering is that why 😭

Did they give you a course of antibiotics or anything or just call to tell you that to worry you?
No they never called me they test there and then and when it goes off to the lab they never tell me any results.. last week in the hospital they said they won’t give me any antibiotics because I have no symptoms

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I know! It’s really odd! I’m 36 and a half weeks now and I’ve been pissing like a racehorse so many times a day so I’m wondering is that why 😭

No they never called me they test there and then and when it goes off to the lab they never tell me any results.. last week in the hospital they said they won’t give me any antibiotics because I have no symptoms
Maybe pester them for your results but regardless of symptoms if there is an infection and its reoccuring I would imagine antibiotics would be the only thing to clear it up but thats only my thinking

Irrationally overthinking name choices today. Have just seen the published “most popular” names of 2020 and one of mine is on there (wasn’t before). I get worried as we have a pretty common surname so potentially could be someone with same first and last name in their class at school 🤷‍♀️. I know I’m being crazy as no doubt they’ll end up being name as “the twins” anyway ….

Omeprazole is perfectly safe during pregnancy (In fact I prescribed it to a patient today as we can’t operate because she’s pregnant). There’s no real evidence that PPI drugs have any detrimental effects on pregnancy/baby and if you’ve tried Gaviscon it really is the next step - plus it’s really cheap to prescribe. I’d push again for it.
Thank you ❤

My head is going to fall off with the swaddle / blanket / what to wear / temperature conundrum I have rolling around in my head. We are in a warm, well insulated new build which at the minute with no heating on has all of the rooms around 23 degrees. We sleep with a light duvet (husband would rather a heavier one but I run warm and sleep in PJs), so for arguments sake say we have a 7.5 tog and are comfortable at night with no heating. All of the little guides I’ve seen say a room at this temp only needs a 0.5 tog swaddle or grobag with only a short legged/sleeveless vest is fine for this temperature but that really doesn’t seem warm enough for a newborn baby given we sleep under a 7.5 tog duvet in the same room? How does it then work if at first we use Muslin swaddles or cellular blankets?

My head is going to fall off with the swaddle / blanket / what to wear / temperature conundrum I have rolling around in my head. We are in a warm, well insulated new build which at the minute with no heating on has all of the rooms around 23 degrees. We sleep with a light duvet (husband would rather a heavier one but I run warm and sleep in PJs), so for arguments sake say we have a 7.5 tog and are comfortable at night with no heating. All of the little guides I’ve seen say a room at this temp only needs a 0.5 tog swaddle or grobag with only a short legged/sleeveless vest is fine for this temperature but that really doesn’t seem warm enough for a newborn baby given we sleep under a 7.5 tog duvet in the same room? How does it then work if at first we use Muslin swaddles or cellular blankets?
I always get the 2.5 tog sleepbags in winter and maybe a light blanket in summer.
If it’s a cold winter - long sleeve vest, long sleeve sleepsuits - you’ll normally find the winter ones slightly thicker than summer (I might also be making that up 😂)
We are due a Christmas baby, so it will be in best/sleepsuit/light swaddle blanket and depending how cold it gets, a cellular blanket x

Honestly it's better to have baby too cold than too warm, but maybe a 1.0tog swaddle would be better? We use that, a vest and a sleepsuit but our room is 20 degrees. Seeing as yours is a but warmer you could probably drop the vest ans just have sleepsuit and the 1tog swaddle?

Thanks - I was thinking a normal babygrow/sleepsuit with arms and legs and then a blanket at first would be fine, having a newborn with their arms and legs uncovered for night time changes seems ridiculous, our flat isn’t cold but it’s also not the tropics! I run warm and am not at all overly warm in a pair of pyjamas when I am up in the middle of the night. I guess it’s easier to add layers and better they are a little too cold than too warm so ill have to see how it goes. I just don’t know anyone who lives in a new build flat that has their baby sleep in just a short vest in winter.

Thanks - I was thinking a normal babygrow/sleepsuit with arms and legs and then a blanket at first would be fine, having a newborn with their arms and legs uncovered for night time changes seems ridiculous, our flat isn’t cold but it’s also not the tropics! I run warm and am not at all overly warm in a pair of pyjamas when I am up in the middle of the night. I guess it’s easier to add layers and better they are a little too cold than too warm so ill have to see how it goes. I just don’t know anyone who lives in a new build flat that has their baby sleep in just a short vest in winter.
General rule of thumb is always one more layer than you’re wearing. So in bed you’d be good for a short sleeved vest, baby grow and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag or if you’re swaddling then the same but potentially a blanket from waist down tucked in at the sides and at the end with baby’s feet at the end too if it’s really cold 😊

• Heart
Hello, it’s small potato here. I’m alive, and I’m okay. I don’t really have a lot more to say really, except that we take each day as it comes. We named our girl Dorothy Leia Thursday (a name after a song, Princess Leia and a character in a book in which I first met Husband over), and despite everything being hard, nothing is harder than ripping off a softpore bandage from your stomach and taking away half your ginger pubes.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Hello, it’s small potato here. I’m alive, and I’m okay. I don’t really have a lot more to say really, except that we take each day as it comes. We named our girl Dorothy Leia Thursday (a name after a song, Princess Leia and a character in a book in which I first met Husband over), and despite everything being hard, nothing is harder than ripping off a softpore bandage from your stomach and taking away half your ginger pubes.
Oh Small Potato❤
I have been thinking about you so much, you're never far from my mind.
Her name sounds as beautiful as I imagine she is💖
I hope everyone at potato farm is coping as well as they can ❤

• Heart
Oh Small Potato❤
I have been thinking about you so much, you're never far from my mind.
Her name sounds as beautiful as I imagine she is💖
I hope everyone at potato farm is coping as well as they can ❤
I think about you all too. Littlepotato is absolutely fine and coping well, but I’ve had to protect him a bit from support teams who basically want to talk to him about what’s happened. Littlepotato is so sensitive (he cried for two days over pikachu fainting in detective pikachu) and for him, Dorothy was an “idea” as we only mentioned her a few times as everything was so up and down with her. HusbandPotato is absolutely fine, he’s got therapy and one of his friends runs a support group so he’s going to try and attend that. So far I’ve declined therapy purely as I just can’t keep going over it, I’m exhausted. I went to see The Last Duel at the weekend as Adam Driver can cure any depression, so that’s progress.

I can’t wait to be pregnant again. I’ll see you all again one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hello, we’ve been thinking of you and I hope you know how much love and good wishes we sent you ❤ She has a beautiful name, and I can only imagine how beautiful she was.
Glad you’ve still got your sense of humour; least you don’t need to burn your bum on nair again if your pubes are left behind on your softpore bandage xx

• Heart
Hello, we’ve been thinking of you and I hope you know how much love and good wishes we sent you ❤ She has a beautiful name, and I can only imagine how beautiful she was.
Glad you’ve still got your sense of humour; least you don’t need to burn your bum on nair again if your pubes are left behind on your softpore bandage xx
precisely! Had to confess to husband what I’m famous for on here, and he remarked that he never even noticed my hairless bum hole. Way to kick me when I’m down?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry you’re to hear you’re in pain. Not sure if you’ve tried this but for movements I find drinking a really cold sugary drink quickly then lying straight on my left side works everytime. This probably isn’t doctor recommended but always works for me when I’m getting worried I can’t feel them!
I had a midwife appt this morning and this is exactly what she said to me if I ever worry about lack of movement!
Sugary drunk, lie on left side and if you still feel nothing after half hour call them and they will get you in to check.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.