Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg trying to get to sleep in your own bed 2 days after a c section is so weird. I just can't get comfy. How I long to be able to lie sideways with my pregnancy pillow!!

Baby is asleep but mummy isn't. Just had ti walk around the house as I woke up disorientated and didn't know where I was then felt scared I couldn't feel my legs! Any tips anyone?!

In other news, baby is latching now...😊

Hope all of you preggo superstars have had a great Saturday. I cried during strictly come dancing bc my 4YO was playing so nicely with his toys and I felt like a bad mum to him since baby arrived and bec I love him so much - hormones!! x

It was honestly just amazing!! Feels free to inbox me, not sure how you do that! We had a music playlist and let me tell you it hugely helped. All the staff were were going and dancing it was amazing.
There is no comfort in bed for a good few days. You just get in and lie there, unable to turn over, or even get back out easily. But it does pass quite quickly. Amazing that baby is latching! You should mention to the midwives about numbness in your legs. I think it’s normal enough after a spinal to have continued numbness, but always good to get checked out.

Reactions: 1
I am coming to you live from the dreaded hen weekend 😂 it all went okay in the end. Crazy golf first, but all the bending and climbing gave me ligament pain in the tummy. Then we had an escape room booked but me and two other pregnant ladies opted to sack it off and went back to the hotel for a bit to eat crisps and lie on the bed 😂 cocktail making was interesting when you’re essentially just shaking up several types of fruit juice, but managed to last until 11pm and then quietly excused myself. I was back in the hotel room by 11.15 with a cuppa in my new pjs, and currently awake with a coffee feeling v smug 😂

Anyway, I’ve missed so much! New babies, new thread! ❤ And a new poll bracket at last, 30-36 weeks 😰 hope you’re all okay ladies xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Gahhhh 😱 haven't posted here in ages but I'm getting induced at 9am this morning 😬 such a mix of feels right now. Tried my best to get some decent rest but I've been wide awake since just after 4am 😭

Currently 38+2, getting induced because baby measured 9lb15oz on Wednesday at a growth scan 😳 so here's to hoping that's wildly inaccurate!
Good luck in the coming days 😊

My baby’s right kidney was dilated at a 34 week scan, he had another scan when he was 6 weeks old and we’ve had another 2 different tests done. I’m not saying this to scare you, just what we’ve experienced! The consultant doesn’t seem particularly worried but just investigating why it’s dilated. Apparently if there was a blockage he would have multiple UTIs by now so god knows 🤷🏻‍♀️Hope it all goes ok ☺
Thank you for this! The sonographer was quite reassuring and said she just wants to know so that we can prepare the consultant/paediatric team to be ready to do their checks or scans but there’s a good chance it’s nothing serious. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I hope your little ones investigations all come back OK 🤞 xx

Went to a family gathering last night and the amount of people who RUBBED my bump…GAHHHH. A light touch or pat from my actual relatives I can just about smile & grit my teeth through but friends of family I barely know physically rubbing my belly made me want to punch people. My mum and MIL have both repeatedly asked how much baby is kicking too and I think are a bit annoyed I haven’t invited them to feel kicks but I just don’t see the need especially as even when I go to feel it myself the baby usually stops or moves so I don’t want them just hanging out with their hand on my tummy until the baby performs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Has anybody hit a certain point in pregnancy and just felt totally wiped out? Despite being really sick the tiredness has really hit the past few days, I’m 12 weeks tomorrow. Pretty certain it’s a mix of working full time and having a 6 year old and 2 year old to occupy as well as growing another human 🤣

Reactions: 5
Has anybody hit a certain point in pregnancy and just felt totally wiped out? Despite being really sick the tiredness has really hit the past few days, I’m 12 weeks tomorrow. Pretty certain it’s a mix of working full time and having a 6 year old and 2 year old to occupy as well as growing another human 🤣
I'm 33+3 and Im feeling totally drained today. I've felt it on and off the whole way through but weeks 6-16 were the worst with really bad morning sickness and exhaustion.
Since then it's been waves of nausea but no vomiting. Extra tired today as I can't sleep at night anymore I just can't get comfy.

Reactions: 4
Eeek exciting! Good luck ❤

Oh no how stressful! Have you and husband done tests?
We're both negative/symptom free this morning, will just have to be vigilant for the next few days. Not ideal when we're in the middle of havng some work done at home and my car is meant to be going in tomorrow, but better now than closer to the due date I guess.

Oh lord it’s going to be a long few months once baby is here. Just tried explaining to my Nan that until baby is 2 months they recommend only 30 mins in the car seat, so going to their house will probably mean having to pull over and stop (takes 40-50 mins usually). “Thats a load of nonsense surely - why don’t you just sit in the back and hold them with the belt round both of you”. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
From about weeks 8-13 I found the exhaustion really unbearable, I was napping like 2 hours in the middle of everyday if I could which isn't like me at all and it still didn't really touch the sides. I'm 14+3 now and it's getting a bit better, I can get through most days OK unless I don't sleep well the night before, then it's as bad as it was again. That seems to correlate with the nausea as well for me, it's so much worse when I don't sleep well. Full time + 2 kids - you are superhuman mumma!

• Heart
I’m 9 weeks and bloody knackered!
needed a rest after grating some cheese yesterday 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Been mulling something over the last few days. I have regular growth scans due to high BMI, baby measuring perfectly average so far but at my last consultant appointment they offered induction on my due date (purely due to my weight not anything to do with health of baby etc) to which I said I’d rather not, so they suggested induction at 41 weeks which I agreed to. It’s not booked yet as they will do that when I have my last growth scan next week. I’m now so tired uncomfortable, my SPD has gotten worse, I’m in constant pain and just completely wiped I’m considering changing my mind and going for induction on my due date- this is my second baby and I was induced last time at 38+5 due to large baby, she wasn’t large and it was a long induction but all went well. So I’m not scared of induction really but just thought it was always considered better and easier to go naturally so why get induced at 40 weeks if I might go into labour myself a day later- but then again if that was the case surely the induction would be a piece of cake as my body would be ready. Anyone got any advice what they would do in my situation? Is it better just to push through that extra week to increase my chances of going into labour on my own?

• Heart
Been mulling something over the last few days. I have regular growth scans due to high BMI, baby measuring perfectly average so far but at my last consultant appointment they offered induction on my due date (purely due to my weight not anything to do with health of baby etc) to which I said I’d rather not, so they suggested induction at 41 weeks which I agreed to. It’s not booked yet as they will do that when I have my last growth scan next week. I’m now so tired uncomfortable, my SPD has gotten worse, I’m in constant pain and just completely wiped I’m considering changing my mind and going for induction on my due date- this is my second baby and I was induced last time at 38+5 due to large baby, she wasn’t large and it was a long induction but all went well. So I’m not scared of induction really but just thought it was always considered better and easier to go naturally so why get induced at 40 weeks if I might go into labour myself a day later- but then again if that was the case surely the induction would be a piece of cake as my body would be ready. Anyone got any advice what they would do in my situation? Is it better just to push through that extra week to increase my chances of going into labour on my own?
It’s such a personal choice. Some people are happy to be induced as soon as they can, especially if pregnancy has taken its toll, and others don’t mind waiting. For me, I was induced with my first and second, and when they phoned and offered me earlier with my second (just 2 days so I was 40+8) I took it in a heartbeat - I wanted him OUT 🤣 if your body is ready it should be a quick process as you’ve said, but only you can answer what is best for you ❤

For those of you ladies that already had babys.. what is a good indication that the baby is going to be overdue? Currently 36 weeks and would love for the baby to be on time 😭🤣

For those of you ladies that already had babys.. what is a good indication that the baby is going to be overdue? Currently 36 weeks and would love for the baby to be on time 😭🤣
I don’t think there is any indication, however did I try all the old wives tales to get the baby out? No 😂
I think I just knew my second would be over because the first was. And I know the third one would’ve been if we didn’t originally go in for a section. I think I’m always destined to go over and will always need intervention to get the babies out

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t think there is any indication, however did I try all the old wives tales to get the baby out? No 😂
I think I just knew my second would be over because the first was. And I know the third one would’ve been if we didn’t originally go in for a section. I think I’m always destined to go over and will always need intervention to get the babies out
I’m over due ☹ Tried sex, spicy food, bouncing on the birthing ball, walking up and down stairs, relaxing. Nothing.
I don’t feel any different and I don’t know whether it will just happen. Frustrated and bored. And so sick of heart burn 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I get scans every 2 weeks do you think they would have told me by now if they wanted to get the child out early? Sorry for the stupid questions I’m clueless 🤣

I’m over due ☹ Tried sex, spicy food, bouncing on the birthing ball, walking up and down stairs, relaxing. Nothing.
I don’t feel any different and I don’t know whether it will just happen. Frustrated and bored. And so sick of heart burn 😭
Kerb walking is a new one I’ve recently heard! So, as you’re walking along the kerb, put one foot on the road and one on the pavement. It will happen. It just might happen in a couple of weeks. It is so frustrating. Especially when people won’t leave you alone with ‘anything happening yet?’ I never lost my plug, never had my waters go by themselves, nothing 😭 really hoping this time I do!

I get scans every 2 weeks do you think they would have told me by now if they wanted to get the child out early? Sorry for the stupid questions I’m clueless 🤣
How long you got, 5 weeks? They might leave it right to the last minute to tell you they want to induce early. The last 6-8 weeks of pregnancy are the worst !

Reactions: 2
Kerb walking is a new one I’ve recently heard! So, as you’re walking along the kerb, put one foot on the road and one on the pavement. It will happen. It just might happen in a couple of weeks. It is so frustrating. Especially when people won’t leave you alone with ‘anything happening yet?’ I never lost my plug, never had my waters go by themselves, nothing 😭 really hoping this time I do!

How long you got, 5 weeks? They might leave it right to the last minute to tell you they want to induce early. The last 6-8 weeks of pregnancy are the worst !
3 and a half weeks today 🥴😭 it’s torture cannot breathe properly

• Heart

Oh my god I’ve had so many messages. I’m not keeping it a secret… nothings happened 😂
Not heard of kerb walking, will try anything.
interesting about the plug I did wonder if it was a thing that happens to everyone or not.

I’ve heard of the kerb walking. I’m gonna start trying things from tomorrow because I really want her out before I have to get induced. I labour so much better at home since hospitals give me anxiety.
I like to say Nipple stim worked with my son. Literally 10 minutes and I got my first contraction, 24 hours to the minute he arrived. But obviously I can’t say whether I’d have gone into labour that night anyway so who knows but I’m gonna start tomorrow so I’ll keep you all updated if anything happens 🤣

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.