Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely nothing worked with my first, I think they're just going to do what they're going to do!
Finally arrived at 42+1 after starting induction at 41+6.

Reactions: 3
For those of you ladies that already had babys.. what is a good indication that the baby is going to be overdue? Currently 36 weeks and would love for the baby to be on time 😭🤣
I don't think there is any 😂 sometimes it can feel like you're ready and have every sign under the sun. And still go over due 😂

Why do people take delight in telling you birth horror stories 😡 was mentioning to my neighbour that I’m being induced and she proceeds to tell me how her daughter had 2 failed inductions resulting in emergency sections with both kids. (At same hospital I’m at) How awful it all was etc. Not really what I want tohear hun 🙃

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I’m 36+2 and the texts have already started!! Any sign of baby yet? Erm, no! Go away please. My mum got me an advent calendar to count down to the due date which I’m grateful for and actually think is quite nice (might get myself a pamper one too, more chance of using it this side of baby arriving than in December), but keeps texting me with 30 days to go etc. I told her the other day it is 5% of babies that come on their due date and the pressure of a countdown really wasn’t helpful, so can she please not. Got a “sorry im just excited” reply so then immediately felt bad but do people really think they won’t hear when the baby’s born? My Mum also thinks the minute I’m in Labour she will be informed and she wants to wait outside in the hospital corridor (since I told her I don’t want her in the room), both of which are absolutely not happening if I can help it!!

Reactions: 10
I’m 36+2 and the texts have already started!! Any sign of baby yet? Erm, no! Go away please. My mum got me an advent calendar to count down to the due date which I’m grateful for and actually think is quite nice (might get myself a pamper one too, more chance of using it this side of baby arriving than in December), but keeps texting me with 30 days to go etc. I told her the other day it is 5% of babies that come on their due date and the pressure of a countdown really wasn’t helpful, so can she please not. Got a “sorry im just excited” reply so then immediately felt bad but do people really think they won’t hear when the baby’s born? My Mum also thinks the minute I’m in Labour she will be informed and she wants to wait outside in the hospital corridor (since I told her I don’t want her in the room), both of which are absolutely not happening if I can help it!!
My dads the same. Multiple messages a day. Well anything lol. No I’d tell you 😂😂 I get they are excited and it wasn’t annoying me but now friends and others are asking and I just have nothing to tell anyone 🤷🏼‍♀️ She ain’t cooked yet. I’m over due. I can’t do anything about it. I’ll let you know I promise 😂😂

Reactions: 4
That is precisely why I didn’t tell many people! 🤣

Reactions: 3
I honestly felt murderous towards anyone who messaged me from about about 36 weeks onwards.
Like you said, do they really think you won't tell them after the baby has arrived??

Reactions: 5
For those of you ladies that already had babys.. what is a good indication that the baby is going to be overdue? Currently 36 weeks and would love for the baby to be on time 😭🤣
With my little one the midwife said “ooooh she’s engaged, really low, don’t think you’ll be making it past 38 weeks!”

She could not have been more wrong. I was 10 days over and I’d clung on to those words she had said. I was utterly miserable. Tried everything from spicy food, pineapple to sex. Not a thing worked. I was booked in to be induced and the hospital was full, told me to come back the next day and I went to labour before I was due back.

I think they only come when they’re ready and there isn’t any indication unfortunately 😣 this time round I certainly won’t be expecting anything before 40 weeks! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
With my little one the midwife said “ooooh she’s engaged, really low, don’t think you’ll be making it past 38 weeks!”

She could not have been more wrong. I was 10 days over and I’d clung on to those words she had said. I was utterly miserable. Tried everything from spicy food, pineapple to sex. Not a thing worked. I was booked in to be induced and the hospital was full, told me to come back the next day and I went to labour before I was due back.

I think they only come when they’re ready and there isn’t any indication unfortunately 😣 this time round I certainly won’t be expecting anything before 40 weeks! 😅
Stupid question but can you feel it if the baby is very low? Like what does it feel like? I’ve had enough of this tit now I just want it over with 😭 I feel horrible saying that but it’s so unpleasant 🤣

Reactions: 2
Oh my god I’ve had so many messages. I’m not keeping it a secret… nothings happened 😂
Not heard of kerb walking, will try anything.
interesting about the plug I did wonder if it was a thing that happens to everyone or not.
I don’t know if walking around the house in one high heel will also do the trick 😂

Absolutely nothing worked with my first, I think they're just going to do what they're going to do!
Finally arrived at 42+1 after starting induction at 41+6.
My first was 42+1 too! Started at 41+6 as well. Little gits!

• Haha
Why do people take delight in telling you birth horror stories 😡 was mentioning to my neighbour that I’m being induced and she proceeds to tell me how her daughter had 2 failed inductions resulting in emergency sections with both kids. (At same hospital I’m at) How awful it all was etc. Not really what I want tohear hun 🙃
Some people are idiots!

I can add the other side: induction with 1st baby. Lovely controlled environment. Felt very calm and looked after. Labour was easy after I’d had epidural. Home the next day and felt physically back to normal a few days after.

People love the drama of a horror story. I appreciate not everyone was as lucky as me but people only share the bad

Reactions: 7
Stupid question but can you feel it if the baby is very low? Like what does it feel like? I’ve had enough of this tit now I just want it over with 😭 I feel horrible saying that but it’s so unpleasant 🤣
I never even felt like she was that low and my bump pics never looked that low either really! Looking back I don’t even understand why she said that to me 😫 up until the minute I started having contractions I didn’t really feel anything other than the odd bout of braxton hicks that didn’t really last all that long. Fingers crossed for you that you don’t go over! 🤞🏼

I felt the same as you, I felt so uncomfortable, I was agitated by EVERYTHING, particularly by “any movements yet?” Texts that would come through every single day 🤣 even from immediate family members 🤯

My Mum also thinks the minute I’m in Labour she will be informed and she wants to wait outside in the hospital corridor (since I told her I don’t want her in the room), both of which are absolutely not happening if I can help it!!
Tell her the hospital won’t let her wait in the corridor because of covid 🤷🏼‍♀️ I legit blame covid for any time I don’t want someone with me for anything (my mum mentioned maybe coming to a scan at one point… I don’t want her to)

I didn’t tell anyone I was being induced with my daughter. In fact, totally put them off the scent by telling them the doctors had arranged an elective section for me at the end of the week, got induced Monday, she was born Tuesday 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been for another private reassurance scan today… I had such a negative feeling and that it was definitely going to be bad news.. I’ve been feeling a bit better in myself and with the nausea so I’d convinced myself this was the end of the road.

Anyway, bean has had a growth spurt and isn’t measuring as behind now - currently measuring 8+6 (compared to 5+6 exactly 2 weeks ago) which has made me feel better and actually looks more like a baby! Heart beat still flickering away strongly… “12 week” scan in just over 2 weeks! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Nah my partner told his mum my induction date. (She lives 7 hours away and has to stay for a week at a time. The last time she was here she completely ignored me and made me feel so uncomfortable in my own home. she doesn’t like me at all) invited herself down to stay the day of my induction date.
I’ve firmly put my foot down. I don’t even want visitors for at least 2 weeks, let alone someone staying for a week at a time with a newborn.
I’m fully expecting her turning up anyway. Door shall be locked. I wish he’d never told her.
Obviously again still praying I go into labour beforehand and no one will be told 🤣

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I’ve been for another private reassurance scan today… I had such a negative feeling and that it was definitely going to be bad news.. I’ve been feeling a bit better in myself and with the nausea so I’d convinced myself this was the end of the road.

Anyway, bean has had a growth spurt and isn’t measuring as behind now - currently measuring 8+6 (compared to 5+6 exactly 2 weeks ago) which has made me feel better and actually looks more like a baby! Heart beat still flickering away strongly… “12 week” scan in just over 2 weeks! ❤
Wonderful news 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Nah my partner told his mum my induction date. (She lives 7 hours away and has to stay for a week at a time. The last time she was here she completely ignored me and made me feel so uncomfortable in my own home. she doesn’t like me at all) invited herself down to stay the day of my induction date.
I’ve firmly put my foot down. I don’t even want visitors for at least 2 weeks, let alone someone staying for a week at a time with a newborn.
I’m fully expecting her turning up anyway. Door shall be locked. I wish he’d never told her.
Obviously again still praying I go into labour beforehand and no one will be told 🤣
My in laws also have to stay when they come (involves flying) and when I had my first I asked them to stay elsewhere (well I made my husband tell them to!). Sometimes you just have to put your foot down and say “nope, this is my family now and they and I come first”

Reactions: 8
Tell her the hospital won’t let her wait in the corridor because of covid 🤷🏼‍♀️ I legit blame covid for any time I don’t want someone with me for anything (my mum mentioned maybe coming to a scan at one point… I don’t want her to)

I didn’t tell anyone I was being induced with my daughter. In fact, totally put them off the scent by telling them the doctors had arranged an elective section for me at the end of the week, got induced Monday, she was born Tuesday 😂
Im pretty sure I’ve said it before, but with my first, my exs mum, dad and younger brother (think he was about 14 at the time) we’re waiting outside the delivery suite. Someone let her come in, while my legs were still in the stirrups after being stitched after a full episiotomy 🙃

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.