Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the earlier you announce the longer you’ll have to deal with “have you popped yet” “how much longer” etc comments.
I’ve only told my family and close friends, my work colleagues knew as I can’t work from home. But I haven’t done any social media posts or anything. Looking forward to surprising some people when they’re born 😄
Im the same as you, very little know and the people that do know are banned from saying to me “not long now” I’m so lucky because I work in aviation, travel a lot usually and I’ve been off for the whole pregnancy as I’m not vaccinated so I didn’t have to tell many 🤣
Nothing on any socials so it’s bliss not having everyone knowing 😌🙏🏾

Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend a compact, small travel system? We were very fortunate to be given a second hand Nuna Demi Grow travel system by a family member but I personally feel its quite big for 'whizzing around' day to day. I'm 5"2 and small enough and I feel its too bulky for me to be dragging in and out of the car on my own when I'm going in and out of town with baby. It'll be fine for going for walks directly from the house but I would like something I can take in and out of the car and pop the car seat directly into (cannot put the nuna car seat into the main frame).

Can anyone recommend a compact, small travel system? We were very fortunate to be given a second hand Nuna Demi Grow travel system by a family member but I personally feel its quite big for 'whizzing around' day to day. I'm 5"2 and small enough and I feel its too bulky for me to be dragging in and out of the car on my own when I'm going in and out of town with baby. It'll be fine for going for walks directly from the house but I would like something I can take in and out of the car and pop the car seat directly into (cannot put the nuna car seat into the main frame).
Have you looked at the Doona strollers? Have a look on YouTube it looks so easy and compact.

Have you looked at the Doona strollers? Have a look on YouTube it looks so easy and compact.
I bought that as a second car seat/stroller and I’m not sure at all about it…. The concept is great but there is zero storage and I feel it could be a bit of a gimmick… the isofix base is sold separately and is like €169 also 🥴

Reactions: 1
I bought that as a second car seat/stroller and I’m not sure at all about it…. The concept is great but there is zero storage and I feel it could be a bit of a gimmick… the isofix base is sold separately and is like €169 also 🥴
Ooh this is good to know as I was pretty sold on it! I’m trying to find something easy to take on the school run with a 7 and 3 year old also 🤣

Ooh this is good to know as I was pretty sold on it! I’m trying to find something easy to take on the school run with a 7 and 3 year old also 🤣
I know! I was so excited to get this and when it arrived I was a bit underwhelmed but I won’t know until I actually test i bought this one as the main buggy as it has everything and wasn’t as bulky as duck 😭

Off topic but YAY got to select the next option on the poll… the only thing that makes me feel like my pregnancy is progressing 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We got this travel system, I am same as you 5 ft 2, I'm not strong, I love walking LOADS so I wanted something light....but often light means flimsy. When this arrived I got my almost 5 yrs old son into it and had a walk about, it was easy to move and didn't feel flimsy under his weight at all.
Also trendy baby delivery was fast and no issues whatsoever

Ugh, antibiotics have got me feeling so rough, I can't wait to finish them!
We are also having to move out of our house soon for some work to be done and having to pack up and clear our whole downstairs so I really ache from carrying stuff around the house today. Hoping my husband will give me a massage tonight, I'm sure he'll take pity on me!

I know this wasn’t your question but I absolutely adore our nuna Demi grow, the best travel system I’ve ever owned. It may seem bulky but setting it up is so quick and easy as it all just clicks into place and it’s just pure ease and comfort over cobbles/different terrains. There should be adapters to attach the nuna car seat (I think - been 16 months since I used it so I hope I can find those bloody adapters 😂) to the main frame, you can attach cybex car seats and maxi cosi I believe too. They can stay on when you fold it up and down too so no need to faff.

The other travel system we use frequently is the bugaboo bee 5 but with the bassinet, adapters etc can be quite costly xx

FFS. I am absolutely not a baby shower person but showed a little bit of willing (to use this as an excuse to not do anything more cringey) and went for afternoon tea today with my mum/sister + MIL/SIL.
Sister and sister-in-law have both come from a few hours away, picked SIL up from the nearest big train station last night and dropped her to stay with the in-laws for the weekend and she did a lateral flow last night as she'd been on packed trains for hours and said she felt a bit urgh about it all.
Negative.
While we were out today she said she felt like she was coming down with a cold so didn't do hugs bye at the end (but she was in my car for over half an hour last night and sat next to me all afternoon).
Tonight I was spending some time with my sister and my husband went over to see his, and apparently she was saying she felt rotten and was probs going to have an early night. Husband suggested she do a LF and it was positive, and so was a second one she did 😭

OH has surprised me and is acting really worried and upset about it all 😭 says he's sleeping in our bed tonight for the first time in ages. I'm normally an optimist but he's making ME feel a bit worried about it now. Double vaxxed thank duck (but so is SIL) but coming up 35 weeks along :/

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I know this wasn’t your question but I absolutely adore our nuna Demi grow, the best travel system I’ve ever owned. It may seem bulky but setting it up is so quick and easy as it all just clicks into place and it’s just pure ease and comfort over cobbles/different terrains. There should be adapters to attach the nuna car seat (I think - been 16 months since I used it so I hope I can find those bloody adapters 😂) to the main frame, you can attach cybex car seats and maxi cosi I believe too. They can stay on when you fold it up and down too so no need to faff.

The other travel system we use frequently is the bugaboo bee 5 but with the bassinet, adapters etc can be quite costly xx

Do you know what I think I may have not realised the adapters were there I'll have to check tomorrow but I could have sworn she had told me you could attach car seat that's why I was confused

• Heart
Omg trying to get to sleep in your own bed 2 days after a c section is so weird. I just can't get comfy. How I long to be able to lie sideways with my pregnancy pillow!!

Baby is asleep but mummy isn't. Just had ti walk around the house as I woke up disorientated and didn't know where I was then felt scared I couldn't feel my legs! Any tips anyone?!

In other news, baby is latching now...😊

Hope all of you preggo superstars have had a great Saturday. I cried during strictly come dancing bc my 4YO was playing so nicely with his toys and I felt like a bad mum to him since baby arrived and bec I love him so much - hormones!! x

Can’t believe I only have one more box to go until I’m in the ready to pop!!

massive congratulations @Abcd123 !! I want a planned c section so hearing your positive story is reassuring ❤ Xxx
It was honestly just amazing!! Feels free to inbox me, not sure how you do that! We had a music playlist and let me tell you it hugely helped. All the staff were were going and dancing it was amazing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Gahhhh 😱 haven't posted here in ages but I'm getting induced at 9am this morning 😬 such a mix of feels right now. Tried my best to get some decent rest but I've been wide awake since just after 4am 😭

Currently 38+2, getting induced because baby measured 9lb15oz on Wednesday at a growth scan 😳 so here's to hoping that's wildly inaccurate!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Gahhhh 😱 haven't posted here in ages but I'm getting induced at 9am this morning 😬 such a mix of feels right now. Tried my best to get some decent rest but I've been wide awake since just after 4am 😭

Currently 38+2, getting induced because baby measured 9lb15oz on Wednesday at a growth scan 😳 so here's to hoping that's wildly inaccurate!
Eeek exciting! Good luck ❤

FFS. I am absolutely not a baby shower person but showed a little bit of willing (to use this as an excuse to not do anything more cringey) and went for afternoon tea today with my mum/sister + MIL/SIL.
Sister and sister-in-law have both come from a few hours away, picked SIL up from the nearest big train station last night and dropped her to stay with the in-laws for the weekend and she did a lateral flow last night as she'd been on packed trains for hours and said she felt a bit urgh about it all.
Negative.
While we were out today she said she felt like she was coming down with a cold so didn't do hugs bye at the end (but she was in my car for over half an hour last night and sat next to me all afternoon).
Tonight I was spending some time with my sister and my husband went over to see his, and apparently she was saying she felt rotten and was probs going to have an early night. Husband suggested she do a LF and it was positive, and so was a second one she did 😭

OH has surprised me and is acting really worried and upset about it all 😭 says he's sleeping in our bed tonight for the first time in ages. I'm normally an optimist but he's making ME feel a bit worried about it now. Double vaxxed thank duck (but so is SIL) but coming up 35 weeks along :/
Oh no how stressful! Have you and husband done tests?

Gooood luck! 💗

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.