Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone managed to keep things secret till later down the line? I'm 14+2 now and already showing a bit (but can pass for just a bit fatter than my usual lol) and I wasn't wanting to tell anyone till Christmas, but I'll see them 2-3 times before then at varying stages, the most being around 22 weeks. I know everyone shows differently, but do we think there is any hope of me still hiding it then or will it be painstakingly obvious? :ROFLMAO:
I only told my in-laws and parents and best friend last time, nobody else knew until I’d had Arthur 🤣 planning on doing the same this time, and obviously will have to let work know but that will be it! I prefer things to be private x

Reactions: 3
I only told my in-laws and parents and best friend last time, nobody else knew until I’d had Arthur 🤣 planning on doing the same this time, and obviously will have to let work know but that will be it! I prefer things to be private x
Me too but my version of private is literally noone other than my boyfriend and best friend lmfao, so not as easy hiding it from your entire family :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
36 week growth scan and baby is bang on 50th centile which is great given the GD. Their head is on like the 70th or something poor little alien head! 👽 definitely from my husband’s side! she always flicks it to 3D view and we got the cutest little side profile pic of them pouting. She wants to see me again in two weeks as there is a slight inflammation in one of baby’s kidneys - likely a little blockage or infection. She said not to stress as they often self correct she just wants to prepare my consultant if she can still see it at 38w so that they can be ready to ultrasound or treat with antibiotics. She thinks it’s unlikely that my consultant will want me to go overdue at all (absolutely fine by me!), and I feel quite reassured that even if we go down the induction route, being private will make a huge difference as a lot of the horror stories seem to come from waiting around for days on end for a bed etc. I was feeling pretty calm and collected about Labour until I just did my first attempt at perineal massage - OUCH 😐😐
My baby’s right kidney was dilated at a 34 week scan, he had another scan when he was 6 weeks old and we’ve had another 2 different tests done. I’m not saying this to scare you, just what we’ve experienced! The consultant doesn’t seem particularly worried but just investigating why it’s dilated. Apparently if there was a blockage he would have multiple UTIs by now so god knows 🤷🏻‍♀️Hope it all goes ok ☺

Reactions: 1
I had to tell my family earlier than I would have liked. Whilst we legally got married last year, we had a fully paid thrice postponed wedding at the end of August this year and I thought it would be a lot easier to get through if my bridesmaids and family who were on the top table with me knew so were able to help hide the non-drinking (which actually did work a treat, so no concerns on that front!)

However I’m now trying to go as long as possible without telling the remainder of friends, family and people at work (other than immediate manager who I’ve had to tell in order to get time to go to appointments etc). I basically look exactly how you’d expect someone to look who spent most of September on holiday eating a lot and not doing much exercise so it’s defs not obvious yet that the little bit of extra weight isn’t going anywhere any time soon! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Has anyone managed to keep things secret till later down the line? I'm 14+2 now and already showing a bit (but can pass for just a bit fatter than my usual lol) and I wasn't wanting to tell anyone till Christmas, but I'll see them 2-3 times before then at varying stages, the most being around 22 weeks. I know everyone shows differently, but do we think there is any hope of me still hiding it then or will it be painstakingly obvious? :ROFLMAO:
We didn’t announce until 20 weeks to any family for various reasons. (currently 37 weeks so it was the height of summer when I was hiding it) and to be honest I don’t feel you’d have much trouble with it getting colder. Baggy jumpers and hoodies will be your best friend. I felt like it was so noticeable but to others they didn’t really expect it so didn’t notice really if that makes sense. I think you just feel more self conscious because you know and your trying to hide it but to others they really don’t take much notice.

• Heart
Ya I’m 36 weeks now and there are still people that don’t know. I only told people other than my family when I was about 24 weeks because I don’t want people saying stupid tit to me like “not long now” and I don’t want it to drag out and feel pregnant forever! Each to their own though. I have friends who made Facebook announcements after they pee on the stick and get a positive result 😫🥳🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Same!! 8 weeks, 6 days and counting…
I’ve been ticking the 30-36 box for what feels like a million threads so hopefully the next one I get to tick ready to pop! (35 weeks tomorrow) although I’m sure I’ll then be ticking that box for weeks on end which is probably worse 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Ya I’m 36 weeks now and there are still people that don’t know. I only told people other than my family when I was about 24 weeks because I don’t want people saying stupid tit to me like “not long now” and I don’t want it to drag out and feel pregnant forever! Each to their own though. I have friends who made Facebook announcements after they pee on the stick and get a positive result 😫🥳🤣
My friends like this bless her. She’s harmless but she announced it on social media with a picture of her pregnancy test a day before her period was even due! You just have to do what’s right for you, the most precious time in your life should be spent exactly how you want it x

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My friends like this bless her. She’s harmless but she announced it on social media with a picture of her pregnancy test a day before her period was even due! You just have to do what’s right for you, the most precious time in your life should be spent exactly how you want it x
Ya each to their own and all but posting a positive pregnancy test, scan photo, baby gro etc… that’s not for me 🥴 I feel the early it is announced the longer it drags on esp when you don’t enjoy being pregnant 🤣

• Heart
Oh god that's my nightmare lmao. I wouldn't tell anyone if I could get away with it! Ever :ROFLMAO: 😅 💀 I just hate attention and I absolutely feel sick at the thought of all the constant questions and involvement. I keep my family at arms length anyway so it's painful opening such a huge door! Maybe they can know when the kid is 18? 😅

• Haha
I had this for weeks this time.
So when i went for my sweep, I was super hopeful only to be told she couldn't do the sweep 😐 I was so confident after all the pains 😂
No don’t say that, I’m just so uncomfortable and it’s not going away 😭 When you say couldn’t do the sweep.. I never knew this was a thing. New fear unlocked 🤣

Oh god that's my nightmare lmao. I wouldn't tell anyone if I could get away with it! Ever :ROFLMAO: 😅 💀 I just hate attention and I absolutely feel sick at the thought of all the constant questions and involvement. I keep my family at arms length anyway so it's painful opening such a huge door! Maybe they can know when the kid is 18? 😅
If you don’t want to tell anyone, keep it to yourselves. Honestly I would have told absolutely no one but it had to come out (eventually) because of my job! It’s nice to keep that secret to yourself. As soon as people found out they were asking me was I having a baby shower 🙄 at 36 weeks I’m still living in fear that one will be thrown for me 😫

• Haha
Im the same!! For some reason I find people knowing I’m pregnant embarrassing 🤣 I always delay telling my parents and texting them 😅

If you don’t want to tell anyone, keep it to yourselves. Honestly I would have told absolutely no one but it had to come out (eventually) because of my job! It’s nice to keep that secret to yourself. As soon as people found out they were asking me was I having a baby shower 🙄 at 36 weeks I’m still living in fear that one will be thrown for me 😫
Well I would, but I think it would get to a point where it will be a bit obvious lol. Oh god - I pray on your behalf it won't! :sick: :ROFLMAO:

No don’t say that, I’m just so uncomfortable and it’s not going away 😭 When you say couldn’t do the sweep.. I never knew this was a thing. New fear unlocked 🤣
My cervix was too far back and not dilated at all.
Even after them telling me once you've had kids before, it never closes to less than 1cm.
Then she's like ahh it's not even a cm.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN. 😂
Then I went back a week later and felt hopeful after still getting the pains and aches and had actually bought a ball ect. Still couldn't. No change 😂

Reactions: 3
Funnily enough but apparently the first that my husband’s grandparents knew about the fact they had a grandchild (ie my husband) on the way was when they were introduced to him at 6months 😂 Not sure how that went down!

• Haha
Hi ladies, I’m so sorry for the TMI but I’ve been to the toilet had lots of discharge and it had a orangey tint to it… no blood etc or pains! Just wondering if this is normal? Didn’t have this with my first. Xx

Hi ladies, I’m so sorry for the TMI but I’ve been to the toilet had lots of discharge and it had a orangey tint to it… no blood etc or pains! Just wondering if this is normal? Didn’t have this with my first.
Hi ladies, I’m so sorry for the TMI but I’ve been to the toilet had lots of discharge and it had a orangey tint to it… no blood etc or pains! Just wondering if this is normal? Didn’t have this with my first. Xx
I’m 20 weeks

Ya each to their own and all but posting a positive pregnancy test, scan photo, baby gro etc… that’s not for me 🥴 I feel the early it is announced the longer it drags on esp when you don’t enjoy being pregnant 🤣
I think the earlier you announce the longer you’ll have to deal with “have you popped yet” “how much longer” etc comments.
I’ve only told my family and close friends, my work colleagues knew as I can’t work from home. But I haven’t done any social media posts or anything. Looking forward to surprising some people when they’re born 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.