Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this isn’t something I should be worrying about loads really but more just curious, those of you around the 35 week mark how much weight have you gained so far please?

Totally feeling all of this today! I’m blaming the change in weather but actually probably just need a 24 hour sleep and some peace and quiet. Big hugs to you lovely lady ❤ Hope your little man is doing ok, bless his heart xxx
Big hug to you right back ❤! He’s doing alright, he looked terrible when we grabbed him but he seems to have perked up since he got home.

I think you hit the nail on the head, I just want 24hrs to think, get my head together, sort some tit out and have some me time. I didn’t realise how difficult it would be to find time to slot ‘baby’ things into every day life and the days are flying by and I just can’t get over it and it’s scaring me a little 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes I am in exact same boat as u litch 37 weeks tomorrow and now check 7 times daily 😒 totally fed up and being induced in 2 weeks now so feeling super excited
Girl what are you eating, have you changed your diet completely?! I’m so hungry already😂 and did you get told there and then you were getting induced because of it? I feel like I’ve been left hanging for another week!
hows the monitoring going? Are you getting high reads?
Im so glad I know someone in the same position now, it kind of stressed me out having GD just said to me at this stage- I thought we were well passed it!

Have GD here too - the blood testing isn’t getting to me too much but I am really dying for a huge glass of fresh orange and a chocolate croissant the size of my head. Sick of the sight of chicken salads, protein bars and apple and peanut butter…. But 5 ish weeks to go and it’ll be fine. I am trying to think that at least it’s stopping me from gaining too much extra weight and frankly anything to not have to push out a giant 12lb baby (or something equally as terrifying) will be worth it in the long run. I feel you though. Hang in there and make a snack list of things you can have as soon as baby’s here! ♥
Just reading OJ and croissant makes me so sad 😂😂😂😂

I’m absolutely starving already! What do you tend to do to “fill a hole”, I literally ate an hour ago and im ravenous already 😂😭 this is going to be the longest a week of my life. Preying all my readings stay low!
The finger pricking is a bit weird to get used to. Hope i don’t forget!

Reactions: 2
Girl what are you eating, have you changed your diet completely?! I’m so hungry already😂 and did you get told there and then you were getting induced because of it? I feel like I’ve been left hanging for another week!
hows the monitoring going? Are you getting high reads?
Im so glad I know someone in the same position now, it kind of stressed me out having GD just said to me at this stage- I thought we were well passed it!

Just reading OJ and croissant makes me so sad 😂😂😂😂

I’m absolutely starving already! What do you tend to do to “fill a hole”, I literally ate an hour ago and im ravenous already 😂😭 this is going to be the longest a week of my life. Preying all my readings stay low!
The finger pricking is a bit weird to get used to. Hope i don’t forget!
I’ve been tending to eat the same kind of stuff most days since I’ve worked out what I can tolerate. I feel pretty lucky, I seem to be able to tolerate things some people can’t (according to the GD Facebook group which is in equal parts helpful and horrifying).
Pairing stuff with higher fat & protein things is really useful - so if you want some strawberries then have some full fat cream etc. A few chips is fine but with extra cheese and Mayo etc. I’ve found going for a quick walk even just around the block after meals really helps keep numbers down too. I try and keep carbs for lunch and dinner under 40-50g per meal as I seem to be well within range an hour after that if I’ve also had some protein and fat with it, but if I know I’m having more than this I’ll just make sure I go for a walk. Lots of salads or protein&veg for meals and then a small portion of carbs with some Mayo or cheese added. Snacks I tend to have a Granny Smith and peanut butter (the sunpat no added sugar crunchy one is nice), a Fulfil protein bar (obsessed with the Jaffa cake one), a sugar free jelly, a few nuts, that kind of thing. I also seem to be able to tolerate a fun size bar of chocolate / a Freddo after dinner if I’ve had a well paired low carb meal.
Sugar free fizzy drinks are handy too if you fancy something sweet!

@Jellybean093 @Hannah_204 Yes, we got something sorted in the end - GoHen were able to offer us an alternative for a small extra charge. Luckily the group were all very understanding and didn't mind paying up. So all I need to do now is pay the minibus on the day and think about packing for the weekend! If I'm honest, I'm dreading it and the wedding in a month. Only because I'm so uncomfortable and tired and get horrible backache after being on my feet for more than 5 mins, but I keep telling myself it's just two weekends of my life and I need to suck it up for my sister because she'd do the same for me. With the hen, I'm just gonna make it to dinner and then piss off back to the hotel and let them party all night.

I think the sudden sickness/stomach ache is probably to do with everything being a bit squished inside - baby's movements have gone from kicks to rolling/wriggling as she's running out of room and my bump has popped quite a bit recently. As long as I can manage to eat, I'll be fine I hope!
Feeling miserable AF today, you know when you just wake up and feel like a misery? Overwhelmed and done in and feeling like I have nothing sorted for the baby and juggling all the balls of life. I need time off work but It can’t happen 😩 Had to run out to collect my son because he fell and hit his head at preschool which was just the icing on the cake and almost cried about 3 times this morning for no reason beforehand 😔
I'm feeling the same and I'm on mat leave with not long to go til baby comes. I'm so bored at home alone. In a non pandemic world, I would go out and meet friends for dinner and stuff but I'm just too scared even though I'm double vaxxed. Trying not to just go shopping everh day as mat leave is going going suck!

I know that when baby is here, I'll miss having noting to do but watch friends and veg on the sofa though 🤣

Does anybody have any advice on nice clothes? I'm only 6 weeks but definitely feeling bloated so not enjoying my usual jeans.

I'm a size bigger than I was last winter so a lot of last year's autumn winter wardrobe doesn't fit.

I tend to buy most items secondhand so I'm a bit clueless on where does nice clothes these days. I'm reluctant to buy loads knowing I'm going to be growing considerably over the coming season.

Does anybody have any must have items they swore by in the first/second trimester

Does anybody have any advice on nice clothes? I'm only 6 weeks but definitely feeling bloated so not enjoying my usual jeans.

I'm a size bigger than I was last winter so a lot of last year's autumn winter wardrobe doesn't fit.

I tend to buy most items secondhand so I'm a bit clueless on where does nice clothes these days. I'm reluctant to buy loads knowing I'm going to be growing considerably over the coming season.

Does anybody have any must have items they swore by in the first/second trimester
I have always lived In primark vests and leggings, however, they are just so uncomfortable this pregnancy, and unless I get the long line vests, they rise up 🙃
New look pack of 2 leggings with elasticated waist are 👌🏼
H&M have nice jogging bottoms too.
As much as I hate summer and being hot, I miss not wearing dresses as they were the best in 1st/2nd trimester

I’ve been lucky and hardly bought any maternity - I didn’t have too much of a bump until I hit 30 weeks or so and my usual summer wardrobe was floaty and loose enough. I’d go for some dresses with stretchy waistbands (Zara usually have lots) and maternity tights and some “smarter” leggings and then luckily it’s winter so just layer with a stretchy vest top and some cardis/jumpers. I’ve picked up a couple of super cheap and cheerful work bits from Boohoo actually which will do the job and see me through my last few weeks at work. But weekends I live in A line Zara dresses in a size or two up!

I know this isn’t something I should be worrying about loads really but more just curious, those of you around the 35 week mark how much weight have you gained so far please?
I dont know but I'm scared to weigh myself. My 4 year old son hugged my legs yesterday and said "oh your legs have got so big like a horse" I didn't know what to say so I neighed and pretended to gallop round the kitchen 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m 33 weeks today and have put on just over 2 stone since I weighed myself at the start of pregnancy. I did loose a fair bit in the first trimester due to sickness.

I’m 33 weeks today and have put on just over 2 stone since I weighed myself at the start of pregnancy. I did loose a fair bit in the first trimester due to sickness.
I also think I have put on around this much as i am the same size as I was with my son and i put that amount on. I lost about a stone of it instantly then a bit more in the first few weeks

I've only just read the replies. X
Today my leg has hurt so much. It was a making me feel rough and sick in itself where I was up and having to walk on it. My boss told me to go home. I never asked as I feel ridiculous 'I've hurt my leg but don't know how😂' but she could see me limping and was very nice. I said no at first but I gave in because it really is killing. I feel crazy though.
When I was sat down it wasn't as bad, it isn't still but it's more there now than yesterday it's like a really bad ache and it's throbbing. When I'm up it's just so painful it's making me limp.
A woman at work said her daughter got a bad leg when pregnant she had to take her to a clinic as she couldn't walk on it at all. But she was 30 something weeks and the baby was leant on the nerves, it was their weight.
But im 13 weeks, no bigger and have lost weight. Not cramps like i said earlier that it says online about the nerve thing.
At a loss as its no better and dreading tommorow!
This is even if it is pregnancy related x

I’m exactly 35 weeks and I am afraid to weigh myself.. I would say about 2 stone 😭😭

I got more flowy non maternity stuff for first and second trimester that I’d wear again some maternity lounge wear and leggins but didn’t wana spend too much on maternity stuff.

Recently I can’t even fit my bump into my baggy cosy jumpers so bought a couple of new things and omg this that I got is the cosiest thing ever it’s as unflattering as you can imagine on a short pregnant women but omg I will not take it off on a cold day it’s amazing!

Attachments

I think last time at 42 weeks I'd put on just shy of 2 stone. Remember how much of that is placenta, amniotic fluid, extra blood, massive boobs haha, it's nothing to be worrying about!

Today my leg has hurt so much. It was a making me feel rough and sick in itself where I was up and having to walk on it. My boss told me to go home. I never asked as I feel ridiculous 'I've hurt my leg but don't know how😂' but she could see me limping and was very nice. I said no at first but I gave in because it really is killing. I feel crazy though.
When I was sat down it wasn't as bad, it isn't still but it's more there now than yesterday it's like a really bad ache and it's throbbing. When I'm up it's just so painful it's making me limp.
A woman at work said her daughter got a bad leg when pregnant she had to take her to a clinic as she couldn't walk on it at all. But she was 30 something weeks and the baby was leant on the nerves, it was their weight.
But im 13 weeks, no bigger and have lost weight. Not cramps like i said earlier that it says online about the nerve thing.
Definitely speak to your GP or midwife. They might be able to prescribe you with a stronger painkiller. Mine gave me codine the other day for my back as paracetamol isn’t touching it. Maybe try some deep heat on it too? X

I think last time at 42 weeks I'd put on just shy of 2 stone. Remember how much of that is placenta, amniotic fluid, extra blood, massive boobs haha, it's nothing to be worrying about!
My son was born at 31 weeks and I’d put on 25 lbs when he arrived. I’m currently 35 weeks and have put on 15 lbs so far but I started this pregnancy weighing probs not far off my end of pregnancy weight last time! So don’t think I could afford to gain the same again this time!

They say up to 35lbs is normal don’t they?! I’m so glad you ladies are talking about the bum pain!! I get it if I sit down for too long but that is exactly what it feels like. I ordered a back support for my chair at work but I feel like it’s made it worse 🙈🙈 xxx

Almost 39 weeks and 1 stone ☹Dunno why it’s not thru lack of trying I’m just not gaining weight. I have a very small bump. Everyone is different 🙂

Please go to your local A&E. I’m sure it isn’t, but when we’re pregnant we’re more likely to get DVT/blood clots. A throbbing sensation in the leg is a symptom. Please go and get checked x

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.